• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: In which we welcome back Shining Raichu from his extended vacation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Dec 3, 2013
The only system out right now that I'm considering buying is the PsVita, maybe the Ps4 when it comes out. I've hated Kinect since it came out, since it's a bit too "Big Brother" for me.

RIP, Microsoft.
You're dead to me.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
Only reasons why I wouldn't like to buy the Vita are the size and the battery life. Other than that, it's a great handheld. I wonder which is better : Vita/WiiU/3DS?

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
and marketing will sell like what, three consoles in america?

I am confused as to what point you are trying to make with this, all I said was how it'll hurt Microsoft to not be able to sell the Xbox One in Germany and Australia if they ban it.

Years
Well I started out my gaming life as a PlayStation user, where I once loved franchises like Spyro, Crash Bandicoot and Ratchet & Clank, but then I developed a sudden want to play Pokemon games around 2003, when I got a special tattoo print GBA SP and Pokemon Ruby for my 11th birthday. Next step when 4th Generation was around, to get a DS Lite so I could play that generation, and for my 16th birthday I got that and Pokemon Pearl, then for my 17th I got Pokemon Platinum. I got SoulSilver on a day other than my birthday like with most of my games, then for my 19th I got Pokemon Black (I then got White a few months later) and then finally Christmas 2012 I got my 3DS XL (silver with black) and Pokemon Black 2 and White 2, making only the second time I got a Pokemon game on an occasion other than my birthday. At least I'm glad I'm ready for X & Y.

So yeah, 3DS trounces the Wii U and Vita hahaha. Cos I always need Pokemon in my life.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
Everyone who gets a 3DS say it's for Pokemon or Fire Emblem. That's why WiiU isn't recognized as much as the the other two. Well if Nintendo decided to release X/Y on WiiU also, that would definitely boost the sales imo.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Everyone who gets a 3DS say it's for Pokemon or Fire Emblem. That's why WiiU isn't recognized as much as the the other two. Well if Nintendo decided to release X/Y on WiiU also, that would definitely boost the sales imo.

Yes but overall 3DS is still basically a new upgrade. I think the bigger reason why the sales are not so high yet is that people are like: "I just bought a DS-WiiU / Vita. 3DS can wait longer. Besides, there are only a few 3DS games, right? And I've still not finished all the old ones."

So yes, both reasons combined; recently bought older version and few games available is a small defect. Soon the 3DS will spring up.

Honest

Hi!
Years
3DS has been out for a while, actually, if I recall correctly. And their are pretty good games for it. It's just pricier, I think.

And wow, if they did release X/Y for the Wii U, I think that'd be amazing.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
Yeah.. lol.. not getting an Xbox One.. Don't care what games they have for it with all the BS Microsoft is doing. Once they buy something.. it messes up.
>_> Like they bought skype. I used to be able to screenshare.. now you have to pay. Plus the fact that it.. doesn't even freaking run half the time because crashing or connecting errors.. so much BS..

Years
I remember back in 2010 when Skype group video calling was introduced, and it was free up to 5 people, with no trial on it. I miss that :(

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
I miss a lot of things skype used to have.. like the separate windows for the chat and the video ._. now they are connected together so like.. >_> Trying to tell my mom over skype that I sent her a link in the chat window is impossible because it's all collapsed into one window.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I lost interest in the xbox when the xbox one was announced and so did my brother in law when he bought a used xbox with kinect included. xD I want the PS4. I want a gaming console that focuses more on gaming and not anything else.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
The only game system I use is for playing Pokemon. An old, beat up DSiXL that someone left in a store. Legitimately did look through it, but there was nothing that could've been used to contact them. x:

I got an iPod Touch the same way haha. The person's name and number was hidden under the case, though. They said I could send it to them or keep it, and that they didn't really care.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
I lost interest in the xbox when the xbox one was announced and so did my brother in law when he bought a used xbox with kinect included. xD I want the PS4. I want a gaming console that focuses more on gaming and not anything else.

This is me too. I'm not sure if I'll get a PS4 right away though.. I'd want to wait until it gets a decent library.. plus I would need to buy a TV with it because I just have an old like.. crt tv I just use for the PS2 that I got used when moving over here.

droomph

weeb
Years
Lol that makes me feel a bit too rich :p at my house we have two plasma TVs (though to be fair, one of them is on my dad's company expense) so any of the console hooking up is just a matter of motivation :~

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
Nah, shouldn't make you feel rich. I just don't really watch TV and so I didn't want to buy one when I moved so I ended up getting a hand-me-down one from someone. I also didn't want to re-buy consoles me and my bro already owned, so I just got a used PS2, softmodded it, and to play DDR games and some other oldies.
Plus just to be able to watch TV (not including any channels) you have to pay the equivalent of $20 a month here. So.. I figure.. no thanks. I'll just watch whatever J-Dramas I find on my laptop.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I think I'll buy a proper desktop computer soon enough. I grew up without other gaming consoles (except for GBA later on) and I think I'll always prefer gaming on a PC anyways.

A 3DS is alluring though, even if it would only be for pokémon games! Haha.

I am too poor though. If you are rich, please send moar moneh to me ._.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Yeah I'm the same way, I hate not having access to internet and chat programs for extended periods of time cause my computer is being used for a game. When I played WoW I always played it windowed so I could easily switch out. XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back