The PokéCommunity Forums Pokémon Gaming Challenges
Event Mansion Extravaganza [Halloween 2K18]

Challenges Play your Pokémon games in fresh new ways: anything from The Monotype Challenge to the popular Nuzlocke.

Old 3 Days Ago (5:37 PM). Edited 3 Days Ago by Coffee Jeans.

Coffee Jean’s Fire Red Mansion Adventure Part 4

Kooooooopa

Sleepyboi

CheetoPuff

Great Ball
    • RIP to my Geodude and Mankey from the ground curse
    • My team was feeling really empty so I caught a Voltorb and named it Great Ball
    • Screech + Selfdestruct kills pretty much everything which is nice
    • Once I got to Celadon I found Eevee and decided to evolve into Flareon
    • The gym was almost swept by Sleepyboi but I had to finish off vileplume with selfdestruct
    I'm gonna check out the statue now
    Old 2 Days Ago (9:06 AM). Edited 2 Days Ago by slyfox198.

Nature: Quirky
      I'll sign up!

Name: October
      Pokemon: Phantump
      Playing: Pokemon Blue
      What is the answer to life? uhhh... 198!
      Room: 3 is the lucky number

Edit: am I supposed to start my game before I get my first curse?
      Old 2 Days Ago (10:50 AM).

Nature: Relaxed
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by slyfox198 View Post
      Edit: am I supposed to start my game before I get my first curse?
      No, you have to wait for your 1st curse.

Which won't be long wait, because the Mansion is updating right now!
      Old 2 Days Ago (11:45 AM).

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Inkblots View Post
      Spooky
      First strike for Inkblots!
      I almost sound like a broken record, but as you move to the next room, you're affected by another curse. The Mansion probably thinks you should loose weight...

Anyway, there is a broken computer in the next room.You can also feel there is something wrong with the wall. Do you dare to investigate it?

Or you could just leave to the room 21.

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Coffee Jeans View Post
      I'm gonna check out the statue now
      Coffee Jeans and the Statue of Nothingness!
      You feel that it's a great idea to play with the statue and pull its lever. The floor starts shaking and... then it stops. You don't feel any change. Disappointed, you move to the next room.

But don't be sad, I'll put one curse on you as consolation prize. Enjoy your new team member!

Anyway, you can either step on the teleport or leave to the rooms 16 (on the left) or 26 (up).

Quote:
      I'll sign up!

Name: October
      Pokemon: Phantump
      Playing: Pokemon Blue
      What is the answer to life? uhhh... 198!
      Room: 3 is the lucky number
      Another Phantump joins the fun!
      "YES! Another Phantump! I'll go easy on you!" You hear in your head the moment you enter the Mansion. What was that?

You ignore the voice and continue to the first room. As you enter, you feel tired. You would really want to lay down and sleep now. Could this be the curse of the Mansion?

Right now, you can't do anything except moving to the room 21.
      Old 2 Days Ago (11:49 AM).

So I must get a badge before moving on from now on, correct?

Pokemon Crystal Water Monotype!
        Pokemon Blue Mansion Extravaganza, which I am posting a narrative blog on!
        Pokemon Ultra Sun with weaker pokemon!

I'll be mostly residing in the challenge forum. I hope you guys have successful challenges!
        ---------------------------------------------------------- (>'.')> <(^.^)> <('.'<) -------------------------------------------------------------------
        Old 2 Days Ago (12:00 PM).

Quote:
        So I must get a badge before moving on from now on, correct?
        Exactly. After each badge, you'll be given new curse.
        Old 2 Days Ago (12:03 PM).

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Zemanahrad View Post
          Exactly. After each badge, you'll be given new curse.
          Sorry 'bout all these questions. What does my current curse do? I couldn't find any info on it.
          Old 2 Days Ago (12:09 PM).

Quote:
          Sorry 'bout all these questions. What does my current curse do? I couldn't find any info on it.
          It's okay to ask :) I kinda forgot to mention it, but if you hover over your curse, the box with the curse's description will appear.
          Old 2 Days Ago (6:29 PM).

I just created an account; it's been years since I've been on PC. Anyway, the challenge looked fun!

What You Are Called: Tyroar
            What You Look Like: Pyroar
            What You Are Doing: Black
            What is the Answer to Life?: 42
            Room You Wish To Start In: 4
            Old 2 Days Ago (6:44 PM). Edited 1 Day Ago by slyfox198.

October's Curse Quest
              in: Pokemon Blue
              Part 1

When aptly named October finds out he has gotten a halloween curse, he is eager to go and collect all 8 gym badges plus the champion's power to rid himself of his curse and soon-to-be curses. Unfortunate youngsters such as October have recently been getting curses out of nowhere and they found out that they must get the badges and insert them into haunted tablets that have been popping up to rid themselves of their impending doom. Within these tablets is a virtual mansion, where all the cursed youngsters go to move themselves further into the mansion, gaining curses as they go, but once they move nine times they are freed. However, to gain the power to take an action, they must insert a badge. For the ninth move, they must gain the champion's power.
              Anyways. October aptly left to find Oak after receiving his curse that all of his pokemon and himself will die if they sleep. Crap! October realizes he's gonna have to pull an all-nighter every night until he can get some freakin' help. October picks Spuds, a bulbasaur, and soon afterwards loses his first ever fight against Gary.
              *Facepalm*
              After October gets lazy old Oak his parcel (Oak's too self-centered to notice that October's life is on the line, see) Oak yammers on about some pokedex crap that October doesn't really care about- He needs to get a move on! October gets out as fast as he can but of course he can't run because he doesn't have running shoes. Completely logical!
              Some growls, tackles and tail whips later, October befriends a new monster, the dude nidoran, which he names Poke-Rex, except in all caps because he doesn't want it sticking out like a sore thumb in a world where all names are completely in capital letters.
              More growls, tackles and tail whips later, October thinks he's ready for a rematch against Gary. He wins and promptly blazes through the forest filled with stupid bugs because he wants to be able to move on the second gym sooner rather than later (after he defeats Brock)
              After facing a wannabe Ultra Recon Squad kid who yammers on about lightyears, October reaches Brock, preparing for an intense, scorching and exciting battle!
              Two vine whips.
              Buh-bye, Onix and Geodude!
              Weeell, in order to avoid Brock taking out his anger which was currently taking the form of steam out of his ears, October rushes out as quickly as his lame non-runner shoes can handle. Upon stepping outside, like literally the first step he took, October feels really dizzy, like he ran into an invisible pokemon or something(oh, wait, Kecleon's not in this game). Suddenly he realizes. He's getting another curse. He better get all gym badges and gain the champion's power before it's too late!!

Edit: Oh yeah. October remembered to take out his haunted tablet and proceed to room 12.
              Another Edit: Team currently:
              Spuds (Bulbasaur) lvl. 14
              Poke-Rex (Nidoran Dude) lvl. 10

third (and hopefully final) edit: added to my new blog & fixed up some of my redundant writing ;/
              Old 2 Days Ago (8:12 PM).
              Rawr

Nature: Timid
                Ok, so...this next curse is probably the most innocent one yet. The only member of my team that has one of the required moves is Blaze, and all that means is that Fire Fang is now locked. A bit of a shame, but I can live with it. Anyway, it's time for...

Episode 4 - Super Spooky Volt Switching
                Spoiler:

Current Curses: Cursed Bag - No Escape Ropes or Repels, or anything else besides TMs.
                First Encounter Clause - You want a Sandile on Route 4? Best pray it's your first encounter or you're screwed.
                Demonic Overlords - Audino is locked in the team
                Zombie Dinner - Bite, Crunch, or a Fang move must be learned and is now locked in

So, I grinded up the team to Lv. 26 for safety, especially since I was underleveled after the third gym. At least for now, we'll be ahead. Anyway, it's onward to Route 4 and Desert Resort for encounters, but on the way there, the ultra fabulous man of a man, also known as Colress, wants to battle with me on Route 4, so I obviously said yes because why wouldn't I accept an offer from the great and almighty Colress? Anyway, Route 4. Let's go.

Ok, so...I ran into a Minccino as my Route 4 encounter. Why the heck are there Minccino in the desert? I swear this rom isn't randomized. That's why I have to avoid trade evolutions, because I'd be unable to fully evolve them. Anyway, naturally, I killed the Minccino. So...yeah, that was a thing. Looks like we're going to have to try for Sandile in Desert Resort. Anyway, with that odd moment out of the way, it's time to go visit Colress. Using the power of science, he got the Crustle out of the way and, well...I kinda obliterated his team. He gave me an item that I can only use for selling to make money, and we're off again to scour Route 4 for items and then head to Desert Resort.

So upon further inspection, it turns out that in White 2, you can

After a nice trip through Route 4 and slapping Dig onto Blaze and Anubis when I found the TM, it's time to search the Desert Resort for fun stuff. First, it's encounter time. At this point, the game is just aiming to disappoint me. I got a Sandshrew. Not even worth it. So, I'm gonna search for items and battle trainers and then we're off to Nimbasa. At least I have two more prime encounter spots.

Ok, so I thought Relic Castle was blocked off completely, but I was wrong. I'll likely still be disappointed by my terrible encounter, so I don't see much reason to talk about the place.

Meh, it was a Yamask. I ran from it. Not really worth it unless I get hit with a curse that forces me to use a Ghost type, and I have all the bulk I need right now in Doctor Roy. Anyway, Nimbasa City time. Huh? What do you mean "what about Join Avenue?" There's no such thing, I don't know what you're talking about. Anyway, let's talk about more important stuff, and that stuff is Route 16 and Lostlorn Forest, because those are my last chances for encounters. Let's hope I get something decent.

.....Minccino. I killed it. Let's move onto Lostlorn Forest.

So I got the Snarl TM and encountered a Roselia...which I may actually take. After more further inspection, I get a Shiny Stone on Route 6, so using it could work out. Thinking about it a bit, I think I will take him. So, let us welcome Marluxia the Roselia to the team...not that he'll be seeing much action right away since he's underleveled and we're stepping into Emolga Hell, AKA Nimbasa not gym. Ok, maybe I was wrong, because Marluxia obliterated the two trainers in the not gym. As for the actual gym, it has shown me the beauty of Natural Cure. I don't even need to use items on Marluxia because any paralysis will be cured at the end of the battle because Natural Cure.

Anyway, Elesa time, and I chose to lead with Anubis even though I knew the Emolga Volt Switch BS was coming from a mile away. Anyway, she Volt Switched into her Zebstrika only for it to swallow a Force Palm and then get blown back by Dig. Flaaffy ended up getting instakilled by a Giga Drain from Marluxia, and then Blaze was sent in to finish the job on Emolga, but after Volt Switch alone did over half, I just had Doctor Roy come in and Return to finish things off.

So, four badges down and only a couple of encounters with the vengeful spirits of the Team Plasma members I destroyed. That's a bit lucky, but I guess as we delve deeper inside, they'll get more aggressive. I'm underleveled again, so I'll have to do some grinding, especially since Clay is coming up soon.

Anyway, about the investigation. I've gotten lucky with these past few curses, and it's likely because I took the risk with the random things in each room. This time, I'm just gonna play it safe and enter the fog...of Room 11.

Ruby's Investigation Team

Braev (Dewott) Lv. 28 @ Eviolite
                Nature: Lax
                Ability: Torrent
                Moves: Water Pulse, Revenge, Razor Shell, Focus Energy

Anubis (Lucario) Lv. 28 @ Amulet Coin
                Nature: Bashful
                Ability: Steadfast
                Moves: Force Palm, Quick Attack, Dig, Counter

Blaze (Growlithe) Lv. 27 @ Scope Lens
                Nature: Brave
                Ability: Intimidate
                Moves: Fire Fang, Dig, Flame Wheel, Take Down

Doctor Roy (Audino) Lv. 28 @ Leftovers
                Nature: Naive
                Ability: Regenerator
                Moves: Secret Power, Return, Attract, Doubleslap

Marluxia (Roselia) Lv. 27 @ Nothing
                Nature: Mild
                Ability: Natural Cure
                Moves: Giga Drain, Leech Seed, Magical Leaf, Venoshock
                Old 1 Day Ago (6:14 AM).

Mansion is updating! Stay tuned!
                Old 1 Day Ago (7:26 AM).

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Tyroar View Post
                I just created an account; it's been years since I've been on PC. Anyway, the challenge looked fun!

What You Are Called: Tyroar
                What You Look Like: Pyroar
                What You Are Doing: Black
                What is the Answer to Life?: 42
                Room You Wish To Start In: 4
                Welcome to the forum! I hope you'll enjoy this Challenge.

Tyroar joins the fun!
                You were thinking about this for a long time, but you finally enter the Mansion. As you enter, you can feel weird powers touching your body. You have been cursed!

Right now, you can't do anything except moving to the room 29.

NOTE: To see your curse, check your character on the map at the start of this thread. You can hover over your curse, to see what it does.

Quote:
                Edit: Oh yeah. October remembered to take out his haunted tablet and proceed to room 21.
                October loses his team!
                You continue to the next room. It's pretty small, with one teleporter located there. And a statue. You could try stepping on the teleport or investigating the statue.

Or you can move to the rooms 14, 43 or 29.

While are you deciding, you notice your trusty partner is missing. Where did it go? Did the curse take him?

Quote:
                Originally Posted by BlissyMKW View Post
                This time, I'm just gonna play it safe and enter the fog...of Room 11.
                BlissyMK's is torn apart!
                The next room is pretty simple. There is only one weird statue in there. You might have more luck with this one.

This room is dead end. You can only go back from here.

Oh and I almost forgot your curse... Well, I don't want to spoil you anything, so check it out on the map.
                Old 1 Day Ago (7:50 AM).

Mansion Extravaganza in Pokémon Ultra Moon

PART 4

I really hoped I would not get the Light’s End curse because that would eliminate 3/4 of my team. Instead, I got Forest's Curse, which eliminated 3/4 of my team. Great!

So I spent eternity getting my new team members and training them little bit. After that, I rushed through the Lush Jungle Trial - which I still find butchered and boring in Ultra versions and beat Totem Lurantis with Igor.

At this point, Igor was still the best Pokémon, given that he was only fully evolved Pokémon and I was worried about challenging Olivia with the team. It took Tim, Buffy and Michael to take down her Anorith and after that, I rather switched to Igor for the rest of her team, which make it easy. Anyway, I found out that the orbs at the side of the Anorith's body are actually eyes and it just entirely changed my view on this Pokémon. IT LOOKS SO DERPY! I always though it doesn't have eyes and the orbs are just that. The orbs on its body.

And so I'm waiting for another curse. If you want to roll it for me, post any number from 1 to 24 here.

Team

Tim, Serious Male Lanturn @Waterium Z
                lvl 27, Volt Absorb
                - Confuse Ray
                - Thunder Wave
                - Electro Ball
                - Bubble Beam

Igor, Mild Male Alakazam
                lvl 32, Inner Focus
                - Reflect
                - Psybeam
                - Recover
                - Disable

Buffy, Quiet Female Cubone @Normalium Z
                lvl 28, Lighting Rod
                - Bone Club
                - Headbutt
                - Boomerang
                - Focus Energy

Michael, Timid Male Stufful
                lvl 26, Klutz
                - Low Sweep
                - Brutal Dwing
                - Baby-Doll Eyes
                - Flail
                Old 1 Day Ago (8:24 AM). Edited 1 Day Ago by slyfox198.

Quote:

While are you deciding, you notice your trusty partner is missing. Where did it go? Did the curse take him?
                  Can I catch a pikachu in the forest-that-I-forget-the-name-of although it's a starter in yellow? Also, I choose 21 for your curse ;)
                  Old 1 Day Ago (8:38 AM). Edited 1 Day Ago by Zemanahrad.

Quote:
                  Can I catch a pikachu in the forest-that-I-forget-the-name-of although it's a starter in yellow? Also, I choose 21 for your curse ;)
                  Yes, you can. The curse only affects starter of your game.

Anyway, the curse you rolled for me is Locked Ball Curse. That means Pokémon in my 4th slot is now locked and can't be used anymore and I lose another slot. IIRC Pokémon in the 4th slot of my party is currently Igor. I moved him there so I can focus on other three members of my team. Well, this is turning to be really interesting run.
                  Old 1 Day Ago (8:40 AM). Edited 1 Day Ago by slyfox198.

Quote:
                    Yes, you can. The curse only affects starter of your game.

Anyway, the curse you rolled for me is Locked Ball Curse. That means Pokémon in my 4th slot is now locked and can't be used anymore and I lose another slot. IIRC Pokémon in the 4th slot of my party is currently Igor. I moved him there so I can focus on other three members of my team. Well, this is turning to be really interesting run.
                    Oh dang! I read your latest post and wow that's gonna be one tough loss to get over. Hope you evolve some of your other mons soon.
                    On a side note, I notice you're doing SM/USUM. I've tried to replay those but I can't really get past the second island honestly due to sheer boredom... those cutscenes were nice the first time around but they get boring real fast :/ any tips on getting through the first half of the game? My natural instinct is to catch a ton of pokemon and it kinda makes it more boring. Also, all the side things like refresh, pelago, etc. catch me up due to my instinct to try everything! In blue it's easier because it's more linear but what do you do in these runs and do you ever get bored of the *cough*tutorial*cough*first island?
                    Old 1 Day Ago (11:55 AM). Edited 15 Hours Ago by Coffee Jeans.

Coffee Jean’s Fire Red Mansion Adventure Part 5

Kooooooopa

Sleepyboi

CheetoPuff

Great Ball

Spook Duke

Me irl
                      • Made my way through the rocket hideout and pokemon tower no problem
                      • Caught a Ghastly because of the curse, and evolved it into Haunter
                      • I caught a Snorlax too to complete my team of six
                      • I pretty much made a beeline for the gym and did minimal grinding
                      • The gym was kinda hard because Koga's pokemon were all 5-10 levels higher than mine
                      • Haunter spamming night shade surprisingly ended up being a really solid strategy since pretty much all Koga used were normal and poison moves
                      I'm going to Room 26 now
                      Old 1 Day Ago (1:51 PM). Edited 21 Hours Ago by Zemanahrad.

October's Curse Quest Pt. 2 was written, it's on my blog! It can be found here, along with part 1. I have a knack for writing a lot more than I need to, as it could have been condensed a lot more but I'm not really skilled at condensing like that yet :D I guess it's good if I want to write a novel some day, but I hope you enjoy it nonetheless...

Quote:
                        I caught (me irl) too to complete my team of six
                        I wish I'd have thought of that for a snorlax name before xD especially for pokemon sweet. I'm just like smorlax! Anyways good luck with the run.

I'll be mostly residing in the challenge forum. I hope you guys have successful challenges!
                        ---------------------------------------------------------- (>'.')> <(^.^)> <('.'<) -------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Old 21 Hours Ago (6:38 AM). Edited 21 Hours Ago by Zemanahrad.

Quote:
                        I'm going to Room 26 now
                        It's time for a quick nap, Coffee Jeans...
                        You quickly moved through the haze to the next room. There is only a couch and a chair in there. It could be a great idea to take a nap now. What do you think? Even your Pokémon are so tired that they'll probably die next time someone knock them out... No wait, that's just a new curse!

If you don't want to take a nap, you could leave to the room 69.

Quote:
                        I've tried to replay those but I can't really get past the second island honestly due to sheer boredom... those cutscenes were nice the first time around but they get boring real fast :/ any tips on getting through the first half of the game? My natural instinct is to catch a ton of pokemon and it kinda makes it more boring. Also, all the side things like refresh, pelago, etc. catch me up due to my instinct to try everything! In blue it's easier because it's more linear but what do you do in these runs and do you ever get bored of the *cough*tutorial*cough*first island?

And other spooks...
                        I always play while doing something else like watching the movie or working on my projects and don't really pay attention to the cutscenes. And that's the only bearable way to survive cutscenes while also enjoying the rest of the game. Anyway, where would you like to move? Or would you like to step on the teleporter? I might be blind, but I haven't noticed if you mentioned it in the log.
                        Old 21 Hours Ago (7:25 AM).

The Mansion has visitors!
                        Hey, guys, there are new visitors in the Mansion? Have you seen them yet?

These new visitors come with the new ways of challenging the curses of the Mansion. And what is even better, you can complete these new Challenges on any game. And you don't even have to restart the game. You can play them on any existing save file you have.

And why would you do that? Because each of the Challenges will give you certain amount of points. If you're able to get at least 5 points, you'll be given shiny Chimecho as prize. And if you're able to get 15 points... Well, that's a secret right now.

Happy Trick or Treating!
                        Old 17 Hours Ago (11:03 AM).
                        used Jump Kick! It's super effective!

Location: Dragonspiral Tower/Metro Detroit (313), Michigan
                        Nature: Rash
                        I still don't understand how you play
                        Flaunt your personality"
                        Old 17 Hours Ago (11:19 AM).

Quote:
                          It's time for a quick nap, Coffee Jeans...
                          You quickly moved through the haze to the next room. There is only a couch and a chair in there. It could be a great idea to take a nap now. What do you think? Even your Pokémon are so tired that they'll probably die next time someone knock them out... No wait, that's just a new curse!

If you don't want to take a nap, you could leave to the room 69.

I always play while doing something else like watching the movie or working on my projects and don't really pay attention to the cutscenes. And that's the only bearable way to survive cutscenes while also enjoying the rest of the game. Anyway, where would you like to move? Or would you like to step on the teleporter? I might be blind, but I haven't noticed if you mentioned it in the log.
                          I haven't beaten another gym yet.

Old 15 Hours Ago (1:10 PM).

Coffee Jean’s Fire Red Mansion Adventure Part 6

Kooooooopa

Sleepyboi

CheetoPuff

Great Ball

Spook Duke

Me irl
                            • The new curse is scary and I'll have to start taking the challenge more seriously
                            • I fought a bunch of trainers I originally passed by in order to level up my team
                            • Silph Co. was pretty easy but Great Ball almost died to a selfdestruct
                            • Kooooooopa and Spook Duke both evolved, my team is complete
                            • Made it through the rival and Giovanni
                            • Mr. Psychic's house opened up which let me teach psychic to Spook Duke, giving it a strong special move
                            • I literally spammed body slam with me irl against Sabrina and won
                            There's no time to rest! Onto room 69
                            Old 5 Hours Ago (11:03 PM).

Quote:
                            Originally Posted by Sawsbuck View Post
                            I still don't understand how you play
                            You choose the game you would like to play this Challenge on and avatar that would represent you on the map. Before the start of the game and then after each Gym, you'll be given new rule to follow through the game.

Quote:
                            I haven't beaten another gym yet.
                            My bad, for some reason I though you're already about to enter Rock Tunnel.

Quote:
                            There's no time to rest! Onto room 69
                            It's really time for a quick nap, Coffee Jeans...
                            You leave the couch behind (and dodged one of the best possible events here, so I'll give you one curse for that) only to find a bed in the next room. That's really suspicious! Don't you want to lay down now?

Or you could once again leave this great opportunity behind and go to the rooms 666 or 17.

Quick Reply