• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga It's not like I want you to post in me or anything, b-baka.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
So before I was banished to the wilderness for a couple of weeks I remember somebody in here talking about how they don't make decent mecha anime nowadays. Turns out that the two best non sequels this season are both mecha.

Years
Sell me on those mechas and tell me their names and I might add them to the back of my "Yo, catch up on this" list behind Hinako Note, Sakura Quest, and RE: Creators (at Macho's insistence).

I'm thinking of even cutting away and watching something else in the halfway point for K-On!!.

Too much sugary comfort in one go if you don't split it up? :P

Years
First one is Atom: The Beginning. It's technically a prequel to Astro Boy although doesn't require in depth knowledge of that series to enjoy. It's about Tenma and Ochanomizu's university days spent tinkering around with robots they make out of scrap components. Like Astro Boy it plays around with the theme of giving mechanical beings souls. It's also a fun action comedy show with a great aesthetic.

ID-0 is this season's Kemono Friends, the surprisingly good CGI series that really feels like a passion project. Of course the animation quality in ID-0 is far better than in Kemono Friends. It has space pirates flying through a really cool depiction of space, cool mechs (they mind jump into them) and mysteries everywhere. Obviously in shows that start heavy on mystery it could fall flat on it's face, I'm hopeful that it won't. It even has an Engrish ballad by Hironobu Kageyama as it's ending song.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
Too much sugary comfort in one go if you don't split it up? :P

I guess I could catch up on things I've already been watching but kind of left on hold due to all the CGDCT stuff, and then start Kokoro Connect.

Years
I guess I could catch up on things I've already been watching but kind of left on hold due to all the CGDCT stuff, and then start Kokoro Connect.

Yeah, get to things you've already been watching. Otherwise those series will just linger in your watching list.

I wasn't sold on Recreators until the beginning of episode 3. A character was riding a Pegasus that made a motorbike sound.

I am definitely catching up on it, then.

pkmin3033

I was surprised they were making a prequel to Astro Boy...I used to watch that when it aired on TV. Was pretty good, save for the fact that it didn't really have a conclusive ending.

Years
I wasn't too surprised, they like resurrecting old series and making them cool for the current generation. Warau Salesman this season, Young Blackjack and Osumatsu San recently. Happened to a handful of older mecha shows too.

It's a good thing to do if the shows don't suck.

pkmin3033

Cardcaptor Sakura is getting something next year too, isn't it? I remember reading something. Don't really keep up with what is coming out.

It'd be nice if they dubbed Atom with the same voice cast eventually, though. It feels weird to watch something subbed when I already have a different voice I associate with the characters in my head.

Years
Indeed it has, looks far better than I was expecting too. It's not coalgirls release 1998 series but s far as modern methods go it's good.

I've not read much about the story but I do know that they've written Rika out. Presumably because her VA died but it would have kind of been difficult to progress her story in what is still a show that kids will be watching.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Question : How to recognize a Hit anime ?

Basically , How do we know that an anime has become a hit ? What determinate an Anime to be a hit? What actually make an Anime consider to be a popoular hit anime ?
Is it high Tv-rating or DVD sales or Positive review from bunch of people that determinate an Anime to be a hit.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years

Basically , How do we know that an anime has become a hit ? What determinate an Anime to be a hit? What actually make an Anime consider to be a popoular hit anime ?
Is it high Tv-rating or DVD sales or Positive review from bunch of people that determinate an Anime to be a hit.
When it starts selling merchandise so quickly there's not enough time to refill.

CidHazard

just a miserable pile of secrets
Years

Positive reviews don't really matter as much LOL :D they help promote the anime, yes. But it really depends on the consumer whether something is going to be a hit or not.

If it's an original anime and airs on primetime: It's going to be a mix of ratings, Blue Ray, and merch.

If it's an adaption LN/Manga: If it boosts the sales of the source material (Like how One punch man exploded into selling almost 4m in 2016 or Konosuba which sold 750k on the first half of 2016) ratings don't really matter... and of course Blue ray and merch (the ecchi manga To Love-ru Darkness sold an artbook which broke 1m at one point).

If it's a commercial (Like Pokemon, Gundam, Yu-gi-oh and tons of hobby/game based anime): These shows live and die with the product their endorsing so... as long as it brings helps sell units (Games, TCG, merch, toys) then it would be considered a hit(Why do you think they keep pumping these kinds of anime out with huge 80+ episodes?). Ratings don't really matter here too.

That's just surface level tho :D

pkmin3033

I remember you were the second or third person to welcome me to the forum back when I joined. xD;

This thread got very quiet all of a sudden. Not sure if that means everything is fine, or if shows are just so bad nobody wants to broach the subject...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back