• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Let's Go] Which version do you plan on getting?

Sirfetch’d

Which of the two would you get right now with the little information we have?

Years
Leaning towards Eevee right now.

EDIT: Though if neither starter can evolve, then Pikachu. I think it's more useful than Eevee when ignoring their respective evolutions.

Last edited:

Mawa

The typo Queen
Years
Uh, I guess I would not buy this game. But if I had to choose one (we don't know, maybe I'll be surprised by what we'll see next), probably Eevee. We can have a Pikachu as a starter in previous game, but not Eevee.

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
Limited to Pikachu and Eevee sucks but I guess I would go for Eevee since it does evolve into some of my favorites like Espeon. But that's if we have access to further generations or not which I doubt. And that's if I buy the game in the first place.

Last edited:

Volga

The Dragon Knight
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 19, 2023
I'll only buy one if I can play the game's story without Go. Having some side stuff requiring Go is fine, just not main story stuff.
IF I do get one, it will probably be Eevee.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I am one of those people who will be getting the Eevee version.

When Yellow came out, we ALL wanted the Eevee until Blue decided to be a dumbo and take it.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Well if Red/Blue version is any indication, it may give you the option of picking w/e Pokemon you want regardless of what version you get. Meaning if you get Pikachu version, you may still have the option of going with Eevee(you'll just have version exclusive Pokemon like before). I'll be waiting to get more information before I make a decision.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Nov 1, 2023
If we can't evolve Eevee, Pikachu.

If we CAN evolve Eevee, I want it. Vaporeon specifically.

I'm leaning towards Pikachu tbh though.

Resolve

I have it
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 2, 2020
I'm going with Eevee for the most obvious reason.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Aug 15, 2019
I suspect I will go for Pikachu. He looks so adorable in that Pokeball outfit!

But I will wait and see if there are any other differences between the games before committing.

Years
I'm waiting until we get more information to make a decision (including whether I want to take the plunge of picking up a Switch in the first place), but I'm leaning slightly towards Pikachu, just because it's probably the canon version of the two. I much prefer Eevee over Pikachu, but I think it would be weird to have a rival whose ace is Pikachu, and assuming they don't evolve, I think having an Electric type will be more useful than a Normal type in the long run.

Years
Since I don't have a Switch and the fact I am against the idea of pandering to Kanto nostalgia, pandering to Genwunners and pandering to Pokemon GO "normies", I sadly won't get this game.

If I had to choose, I'd likely go with Eevee since I like Eevee better than Pikachu.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
Was thinking I'd go for the Eevee version but then if they're not evolvable (mostly not because then that'd render the whole being on shoulder/clothing aspect null), I'll just take Pikachu for the nostalgia. :b

Yotes

GameDev
Years
My choice depends entirely on whether Eevee can evolve in this, and what those evolution options are.

Years
My choice depends entirely on whether Eevee can evolve in this, and what those evolution options are.

It's actually been revealed that the starter Pikachu and Eevee in these games isn't able to evolve, much like the starter Pikachu in Yellow.

Back