• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Square-Enix ☆ Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Years
  • Seen May 20, 2023
I'd suggest Final Fantasy VII next. It definitely has its own problems, like every Final Fantasy does, but it's one of those games you must play, if only to see what people are talking about.

Final Fantasy VIII is very flawed in many ways, but it still has some really good aspects, and IX is just extremely slow. If you're going to replay Final Fantasy XII, I suggest getting the IZJS edition. It introduces a lot of concepts that were supposed to be in XII(like jobs) that couldn't make it due to constraints, and it re-balances the game a bit too.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
dklsfj a month went by since I last posted here? I know I was busy but I didn't think I'd been THAT busy. ;_; MISSED YOU GUYS.

@Archer: I'd suggest playing the older ones before you move onto more recent ones, if only because it makes the graphics gap a little more manageable. :P But if graphics don't matter to you, I'd just go ahead and play X-2 while X is still fresh in your mind. There are a lot of little cameos from X characters, iirc, so you won't be looking at them going "who the heck is this" when you play like I was the last time I played X-2.

As for the FF7 re-release, I'm really curious what the achievements are gonna be. I don't care whether it's on Steam or not (although I think S-E is really going to be missing out if they skip on Steamplay) since I probably won't be bothering with it. (If I wanna play FF7 on PC, I'd rather just emulate the old version(s) and mod them to look/play better. :P

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
Guess what comes out in English today? Yup, KH3D--for Europeans. D;
I have to wait 11 more days... Gah.

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
Years
Guess what comes out in English today? Yup, KH3D--for Europeans. D;
I have to wait 11 more days... Gah.

I'm happy for Europeans getting it before us. They never got Re:CoM, they barely get games before NA, we're still getting it I dont see why people are jealous they got it before us tbh. Its well worth the wait.

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
Why do different countries have different release dates? That doesnt make much sense to me..

But how many of you Europenas have already got it!? Are you guys loving it or what do tell your thoughts so far.

Cherrim

Years
I can sort of understand why Europeans and Australians get games after the NA release--Europe usually has translations (I think?) in several languages which take longer to localize and Australia is PAL-region so they use the same game ROMs as Europe and it makes sense to just rip the English parts from those to use instead of transferring (or doing whatever they need to do) the NA version twice. But delaying NA just feels like pandering to the EU crowd. Which, honestly, I'm kind of fine with since they do usually get shafted, but I'd rather they just release them all at the same time. :c

Excited that people are starting to get their hands on it now though! (And if you live in NYC, Nintendo World is doing an event a few days early where you can get your hands on the regular or MoM edition before the release date.) I can't wait to discuss it with everyone. And I'm excited to start my second playthrough soon. :D

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years

I'm happy for Europeans getting it before us. They never got Re:CoM, they barely get games before NA, we're still getting it I dont see why people are jealous they got it before us tbh. Its well worth the wait.
True true, I guess there's no need for complaining. Plus I think only NA gets to have the Mark of Mastery edition outside of Japan. :D Although I'm a little too late to pre order, since they're all out. :(

Cherrim

Years
France got some fun preorder bonuses at least, though. They got some of the little KH Mobile keychains... I think Hallowe'en Town Sora but I also saw Aqua in a promotional scan. The Aqua one is adorable and I'd be super jealous if I didn't already have her. :P

Sakura Rain

→Let's laugh at everything!
Years
KH3D actually came out in Europe before the US? Wow, that's a first (I think). Perhaps they're trying to please the EU crowd, seeing as they never got Re:CoM.

I'm not sure if I'll be getting it immediately though, I have to save my money for White 2. CONFLICT OF INTERESTS, YOU GUYS. EXTREME CONFLICT.

Do any of you guys have it yet, though? TELL US ALL ABOUT IT SJLKFJSDLKFJSD

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
I wonder if Australia's going to get completely stiff and not have any special things with our release of it :(. Whats the coolest "collectors" piece getting released with the english version in your opinions?

Cherrim

Years
KH3D actually came out in Europe before the US? Wow, that's a first (I think). Perhaps they're trying to please the EU crowd, seeing as they never got Re:CoM.

I'm not sure if I'll be getting it immediately though, I have to save my money for White 2. CONFLICT OF INTERESTS, YOU GUYS. EXTREME CONFLICT.
I think they got Re:Coded first too by a few days... which is kind of an insult really but still.

Get three-deeeeeeee. (I was gonna type 3DDDDDD but then it's like three-duhduhduhduhduhduhduh which doesn't have the same ring to it.)
I wonder if Australia's going to get completely stiff and not have any special things with our release of it :(. Whats the coolest "collectors" piece getting released with the english version in your opinions?
Um, I haven't heard anything about collector's editions in AUS. :( The best part of the NA one though is the 3DS case. It's the one that only came with the hella expensive anniversary edition of KH3D that came out in Japan bundled with the DS games. *u* I'm so excited to be getting my hands on it!

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
Ugh Australia never gets anything cool, such a bummer. I really wish they would give us some nice things as well, the ds case would be awesome :'(
Why does SE do this to us?! Only give certain regions the goodies and collectables!

Cherrim

Years
It probably has to do with purchase history in the region. Maybe Australia's sales just aren't as good as other places? :( If "no one" (you know what I mean) buys the games typically, they have no real incentive to release special editions in addition to the regular title since I imagine those are really costly to make.

ソラ

Years

Do any of you guys have it yet, though? TELL US ALL ABOUT IT SJLKFJSDLKFJSD

Australia is getting it in 5 days before NA as well. NA is getting it last.

~Ryukaa

total nerd
Years
Well, Australia DOES get some cool stuff from time to time! We got the Birth by Sleep Special Edition along with Europe, which is why I'm guessing Square-Enix decided that it would be US' turn for the Collector's Edition. o3o
Although, I have to admit, the 3D MoM Edition DOES look considerably better than the BbS SE we got. xDD;;

All in all, still can't wait for the game's launch this Thursday. : D

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Mar 29, 2024
I don't know, I hope I can go to the event to get the Mark of Mastery edition early, but probably not, so I can just order it, I guess.

ソラ

Years
I don't know, I hope I can go to the event to get the Mark of Mastery edition early, but probably not, so I can just order it, I guess.

Amazon, gamestop, ebgames i think are all sold out here in the NA. idk what part you live in. I pre-ordered mine before it all well sold out in the MoMe. haha

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Mar 29, 2024

Amazon, gamestop, ebgames i think are all sold out here in the NA. idk what part you live in. I pre-ordered mine before it all well sold out in the MoMe. haha

What I mean by that is going to the event in New York City, but it's so early in the morning, so I really don't know, but maybe. Getting the game three days early would be a huge plus, but if I can't, I can wait.

ソラ

Years

What I mean by that is going to the event in New York City, but it's so early in the morning, so I really don't know, but maybe. Getting the game three days early would be a huge plus, but if I can't, I can wait.
Oh, I heard about that, I heard you can get the game 3 days early if you go to that event. :o

Sakura Rain

→Let's laugh at everything!
Years
I think they got Re:Coded first too by a few days... which is kind of an insult really but still.

But no one cares about Re:coded~ At least, we don't. That really is an insult, perhaps SE is trying to make up for that too XD

Get three-deeeeeeee. (I was gonna type 3DDDDDD but then it's like three-duhduhduhduhduhduhduh which doesn't have the same ring to it.

BUT THEN WHAT IF I DON'T HAVE ENOUGH MONEY TO GET WHITE 2 WHEN IT COMES OUT WHY ARE THESE GAMES COMING OUT WITHIN MONTHS OF EACH OTHER. I'm going to get KH3D eventually, I just want to make sure I'll still have enough money left over for White 2 X3

Um, I haven't heard anything about collector's editions in AUS. :( The best part of the NA one though is the 3DS case. It's the one that only came with the hella expensive anniversary edition of KH3D that came out in Japan bundled with the DS games. *u* I'm so excited to be getting my hands on it!

*googles* HOLY JSKLDFJS IT'S 54 BUCKS SDKFLSJDLS /dead

Lol, just looked it up on Amazon, and it is a astonishing $127 brb dying

omg it comes out in 4 days omg klsjdfsdlkfjs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back