• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jennville!

Once Upon a Dyke.
Years
Hey. I have being using the emulater for a while now but I have never seen the problem I'm having.

For some reason my Pokemon will not evolve, and I am not pressing the 'B' Button.

For example, my latest Pokemon failing to evolve; "GOLBAT is evolving..." then usually it would say "GOLBAT evolved into a CROBAT". If I pressed 'B' It would say "...Huh? GOLBAT did not evolve." but mine is saying "...?"
It's like my pokemon can't, or refuse to evolve.
Is there some glitch in my game meaning I will have to restart?

PlatniumPiano

You are now breathing manually
Years
Hey. I have being using the emulater for a while now but I have never seen the problem I'm having.

For some reason my Pokemon will not evolve, and I am not pressing the 'B' Button.

For example, my latest Pokemon failing to evolve; "GOLBAT is evolving..." then usually it would say "GOLBAT evolved into a CROBAT". If I pressed 'B' It would say "...Huh? GOLBAT did not evolve." but mine is saying "...?"
It's like my pokemon can't, or refuse to evolve.
Is there some glitch in my game meaning I will have to restart?

You have not completed 60 entries in your pokedex for firered. Prof Oak gives you a national dex which allows you to see the 2nd gem pkmn, as crobat is 2nd gen. Talk to Oak after you have beaten the elite four to get it.

Years
  • Age 46
  • Seen Oct 25, 2022
Playing my GBA games with VBA?

Does anyone know how to play GBA games saved with an action replay in VisualBoyAdvance 1.8.0?

I used my action replay for GBA to back up my Pokemon FireRed to my desktop. It's now there as an xps file. Is there any way to convert that so I can play it on my computer with VBA?

I tried xps2sav and that converted the file to a .sav form, but VBA won't load that. Is there any other program I can use to make either the xps or sav file into a type that is recognized by VBA? I would prefer a program that would also convert the VBA save back to one I can play on my GBA.

I have both the FireRed rom and game save with the same name so it's only the file extension on the save that is making it not work. When I try to load the game, it doesn't recognize that I have a saved game. It just keeps acting like I'm trying to play a new game. I even had my character save in a Pokecenter after getting the Pokedex in case that makes any difference.

Kalsard

Looking for time travellers.
Years
I've got a healing place script (btw I have looked at other questions, but dont have answers I want) and I want to know how to make a change healing place 1 for example, to another area, with different chat, instead of going to your mums house.
Thanks

BTW Post below me, if you want to thank, use a pm.
yeah just to inform you =)

Last edited:

Jennville!

Once Upon a Dyke.
Years
You have not completed 60 entries in your pokedex for firered. Prof Oak gives you a national dex which allows you to see the 2nd gem pkmn, as crobat is 2nd gen. Talk to Oak after you have beaten the elite four to get it.

Thank you so much. I thought I might have to start again. Going to have to epically play tonight because I only have 4 badges and I really want my crobat.

thechurchofcage

a.k.a. The Cancer Fairy
Years
  • Age 54
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
I can haz urgent assistance?

A Block editing question.

On the Lilycove City tileset [in Emerald] I changed the gym building tiles to Battle Tent tiles [with A-Map's Block Editor]. However, it screws up all the other Lilycove-exclusive tiles and ruins the tileset :(. Does anyone know where I may be goin wrong?

PS It is NOT a pallet problem - the tiles change to completely different distorted tiles.

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
How do you insert a new tile which has a palette that differs to the old one?

Well insert the tile under the original plaettes and then change them in a-map :P

hehe, I'm useless at tile inserting. =(
Q: I have a script that is supposed to move Pokemon, but the Pokemon don't move...
Thanks for help =)

OMG ARE WE PSYCHIC? ARE YOU BLIND?
Fist of all we don't know anything about the script, you could at least post it.
AND POST IT IN THE SCRIPT HELP THREAD NEXT TO THIS THREAD!

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
Hmm... I am having a little trouble with OWRE. I have inserted the front frame, then I am using the same pallette for the back frame. I have no problems with drawing the back frame on the canvas, but when I finish it won't let me save the sprite, it comes up saying "Error 55 (File already open) in procedure SaveSprite of frmOverworldEditor" Help?

School days again...
Years
Well insert the tile under the original plaettes and then change them in a-map :P

OMG ARE WE PSYCHIC? ARE YOU BLIND?
Fist of all we don't know anything about the script, you could at least post it.
AND POST IT IN THE SCRIPT HELP THREAD NEXT TO THIS THREAD!

Can I change the palette with APE?

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
But when there's a same palette, it can't be exported...
Wrong. Speaking as someone who knows the problem, change the pallettes in A-Map, going under (in Block Editor) Pallettes - Pallette Editor. When you wish to save them, got to Pallette - Save Pallette Changes. Then you ca save the tileset successfully.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
Hmm... I am having a little trouble with OWRE. I have inserted the front frame, then I am using the same palette for the back frame. I have no problems with drawing the back frame on the canvas, but when I finish it won't let me save the sprite, it comes up saying "Error 55 (File already open) in procedure SaveSprite of frmOverworldEditor" Help?

Re-posted, I got a little miss xD

Years
Is there a ips patch that makes the pokedex a national dex in fire red? If so can someone tell where I can get this. Thank you.

thechurchofcage

a.k.a. The Cancer Fairy
Years
  • Age 54
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
I can haz urgent assistance? Fur realz dis time!

A Block editing question.

On the Lilycove City tileset [in Emerald] I changed the gym building tiles to Battle Tent tiles [with A-Map's Block Editor]. However, it screws up all the other Lilycove-exclusive tiles and ruins the tileset :(. Does anyone know where I may be going wrong?

PS It is NOT a pallet problem - the tiles change to completely different distorted tiles.

My question got skipped too, for about the 50th time! Sorry Goodies but I don't have an answer for you :(.

Is there a ips patch that makes the pokedex a national dex in fire red? If so can someone tell where I can get this. Thank you.

I don't quite follow you. If you want the National Dex in FR, you need to have more than 60 Kanto Pokemon in your Kanto Dex before going to Prof. Oak who'll upgrade it for you. No hacking or patching required.

Last edited:
Years
Yes I no I need 60 or more in kanto, but I mean I need a national dex ips patch because Johto and Hoenn won't evolve unless I have it.

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2013
Yes I no I need 60 or more in kanto, but I mean I need a national dex ips patch because Johto and Hoenn won't evolve unless I have it.

Just put a script in the game that sets the flag that enables the national dex.

Kalsard

Looking for time travellers.
Years
I'm wondering how to insert sprites in, that I've got from a sheet of sprites. I have tried...but i can't find the right palettes, I've looked at guides, but I don't get them lol.
X_X

Also, I tried to use UnLZ to edit some sprites, but the codes the tut has, and mine are different. Is it because I've already edited my rom?
Thanks

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back