• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Celestium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alignment

Revered with the stars
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
Pokemon Celestium

Hack Information

Hack Name: Pokémon Celestium
ROM Base: Pokémon Fire Red
Date of commencement: February 2010
Language: English
Creator: Alignment
Beta 1: http://www.mediafire.com/?ks1b9rxmdzhc1av

Introduction:

First off, my name's Alignment, and I created this hack. I've been hacking for almost a week before my join date. A friend of mine got me into it before he quit, though he didn't give much guidance :P

When I started hacking, I was as good as any kid, so I tried spriting, and then going on to things like scripting. Since then, through reading tutorials, experimenting and the help of some friends, I've been able to gather the requirements to start a ROM Hack. This is actually my second, my first is somewhere hidden in the depths of my Recycling Bin (never to be recycled again though). That's about as much time I want to spend on myself, now to the hack :D
If you want to know about me more just VM :)

Story:

Spoiler:

Features:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Sprite work:

Spoiler:

Screenshots:

Spoiler:

Videos:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Support banners:

This is the point where I wish I knew how to make those.

Celestiumuserbar.png

Celestiumuserbar-1.png

Created by TB Pro

Credits:

• Kyledove - Tiles

• [*]Wesley FG – Tiles

[*]Dewitty – Tiles

[*]NikaNoroU – Sprite editing

[*]TB PRO - HP box, CSS, Support banner, being awesome
    [*]Cabe - Beta testing and ideas
    [*]Pokemonmasters - Beta testing
    [*]PinkishPurple - Beta testing

I'll probably have to increase this list as time goes by.

Ending:

Feel free to comment, on anything. I'm open to critism as long as it's valid. I'll update the thread/hack accordingly.​

Last edited:

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
The features you included (ASM and other stuff) & especially your attitude towards hacking - I really like 'em :D
Spoiler:

*The introduction was a BIG +

I may even put a support banner in my signature ;)
Besides, if you feel like it, you could put a thread up in Skeetendo Inc. as well.

Last edited:

Alignment

Revered with the stars
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
The features you included (ASM and other stuff) & especially your attitude towards hacking - I really like 'em :D
Spoiler:

*The introduction was a BIG +

I may even put a support banner in my signature ;)
Besides, if you feel like it, you could put a thread up in Skeetendo Inc. as well.

As for the ASM bit, I'm still practicing :P

Thanks a lot. I appreciate the support :)

@Fuji- Yeah I'll fix them up soon. I got the dark bootscreen idea when you decided to leave me all alone in the dark D:
Yeah, thanks (I think).

Sprite Update:

Yes, sprite Updates deserve big titles.
I was gonna hold up on this and make a fake update in a few weeks

Spoiler:

I think it came out awesome :P

Some more other updates:

Spoiler:

I'll update the first post in a few minutes :)

Last edited:

Crimson Stardust

Anime Addiction
Years
As for the ASM bit, I'm still practicing :P

Thanks a lot. I appreciate the support :)

@Fuji- Yeah I'll fix them up soon. I got the dark bootscreen idea when you decided to leave me all alone in the dark D:
Yeah, thanks (I think).

Sprite Update:

Yes, sprite Updates deserve big titles.
I was gonna hold up on this and make a fake update in a few weeks

Spoiler:

I think it came out awesome :P

Some more other updates:

Spoiler:

I'll update the first post in a few minutes :)
cool updates..
nice sprite you got there..
the fakemon is cool,its cute..xD
and screenshots is nice too..,and the battle part is really funny..hahax..

Sora's Nobody

The Official Roxas
Years
Cool! I like the story, even thought its pretty confusing. The features seemed interesting, thought there was nothing that made me say "Wow!" About them. Overall i see this game having alot of potential. I also like the palette you used, though from the story i would have thought it would be a dark and scary palette. Good job thought!

Omega Zero

Is back...
Years
(offtopic)LOL i've seen this somewhere *cough dilshan i just rememberd it's you *cough thanks for letting me beta test*

anyways... the tiles you've sprited are cool and i like your intro too keep it up!

Alignment

Revered with the stars
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
cool updates..
nice sprite you got there..
the fakemon is cool,its cute..xD
and screenshots is nice too..,and the battle part is really funny..hahax..

Glad you liked them.
I wanted the Fakemon to come across as a little more deadly than cute :/
I think a little humur here and there is fine :)

Cool! I like the story, even thought its pretty confusing. The features seemed interesting, thought there was nothing that made me say "Wow!" About them. Overall i see this game having alot of potential. I also like the palette you used, though from the story i would have thought it would be a dark and scary palette. Good job thought!

Really? I thought it was pretty simple, but it guess it can be viewed as complex. As for the pals, I think you missed this part:
Luckily for you, the Emon infestation had yet to reach your village around a twenty mile radius.

When I'm there I'm going to make/use a completely new Tileset.

(offtopic)LOL i've seen this somewhere *cough dilshan i just rememberd it's you *cough thanks for letting me beta test*

anyways... the tiles you've sprited are cool and i like your intro too keep it up!

If you're going to use my name, it's a proper noun. As for the intro, all I did was edit the pallette :P
Thanks.

Just a note...
Spoiler:

If you're going by the standards of FireRed mapping, then you've got yourself a tile error: the tile the player and the NPC are standing on. The 'middle' bit of a mountain, the bit that's often used as a border block isn't ever walkable in FireRed; there's usually another tile. That's completely up to you, however.

I think I'll just leave it like that for now. If I get too many complaints, I'll leave it like that and make a new one for the border :)

Thanks for the comments. Though no one touched up on the "Possible ideas" section (I need some more opinions on that). I'll probably have some sort of update in a few days. I could give one now, but it won't be as high in quality. I just realized I credited Wesley FG even though I didn't use his stuff yet. I will soon though :)

Years
My ideas...

1. Adopt a Pokemon: Could be, like the one above me said, something with important characters losing their pokemon. And instead of adopting, what about battling it and catching it? That way it is kind of challenging also...

2. Meet your father: Make it something important, or make it a finale kind of thing. Like he is the final boss after you beat Elite Four

3. Other people on the same mission: I like this a lot, you can even make double battles with this. Where you can control both his and your pokemon. Would be so interesting

4. Day and Night System: Seems like a waste of time to me

Years
  • Seen May 21, 2012
hi i love the pokemon you made i thought you could make a goat pokemon called gouet or golain ect
adoption yes i though about that too like quater way through the game brock bumps into you and about 3 places (counts routes) you find a pokemon and you give it brock and half way through the game it like level 40's and brock lets you have it if you find him an item for his breeding skills?

Alignment

Revered with the stars
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
Well if you're looking for some thoughts on the possible ideas bit; I'll give it a go.

Adopting lost Pokémon
It depends on how you execute this. Perhaps important characters may lose their Pokémon and you'll have a chance to adopt them... I'm not sure, this is pretty vague.

Meet your father
This sounds interesting if you can develop it into the plot. But for you to just randomly meet him after five years of him being disappeared, then it just doesn't sound worth adding in.

Other People on the same mission
You got a 'yes' from me on this one. Constant characters are always a nice thing to have around you as a player, especially if you can compare yourself to them, and they have some decent character growth.

Day and Night system
My personal opinion is that you shouldn't bother. It doesn't add anything spectacular to game play, nor does not having one subtract anything.

I pretty much strongly agree with what you said. It's not adopting lost Pokemon it's more like adopting Pokemon whose owners have died. I already decided to add some people who have the same mission yesterday. I think it's a great addition so far :)

Thanks for your input.

My ideas...

1. Adopt a Pokemon: Could be, like the one above me said, something with important characters losing their pokemon. And instead of adopting, what about battling it and catching it? That way it is kind of challenging also...

2. Meet your father: Make it something important, or make it a finale kind of thing. Like he is the final boss after you beat Elite Four

3. Other people on the same mission: I like this a lot, you can even make double battles with this. Where you can control both his and your pokemon. Would be so interesting

4. Day and Night System: Seems like a waste of time to me

The Day and Night, it's as easy as hitting "implement". It's not really going to waste time literally. I don't think I'll be adding it even so. I'm pretty sure there isn't going to be an elite four, the plot just doesn't call for that kinda thing. The double battle idea is pretty much beyond anything I could do right now. I don't think it's a good idea to have the ability to control another's Pokemon.

Thanks for the review :)

hi i love the pokemon you made i thought you could make a goat pokemon called gouet or golain ect
adoption yes i though about that too like quater way through the game brock bumps into you and about 3 places (counts routes) you find a pokemon and you give it brock and half way through the game it like level 40's and brock lets you have it if you find him an item for his breeding skills?

I don't take spriting requests. It's all practice for spriting (everyone starts off bad). As for the rest of your post, I don't understand what you're trying to say (I don't see where Brock comes into this) :/

Progress:
I didn't get to work on it yesterday for long (Homework). So I just started on scripting some more stuff and mapping. I did finish the route outside of fault cavern though.
Screenie:
4hb5hj.png

TB Pro

Old-timer
Years
Looks good Dilshan Alignment. I would like to see more along the lines of scripts, rather than maps, though. Anyways, good luck!

Alignment

Revered with the stars
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
Looks good Dilshan Alignment. I would like to see more along the lines of scripts, rather than maps, though. Anyways, good luck!

I can see through the strike tag you know. I'll post a video of some scripts later. I just don't like waiting hours for them to upload. Maybe a video of that entire Charmander thing :)
Thanks for the comment.

Sprite Update:

I made some OWs a while ago. Today I had our wonderful slave,NikaNoroU, fixed up its hair. Credits to him for that. Yeah, I'm going to make a girl soon too. So here it is, rival #2:
6z1ytx.png

Possibly more to come~

Other Updates:

21awete.jpg

I picture before Fault Cavern, I forgot to post it.

9kr1bl.jpg

Yes, it's a town :D

2h6zfad.jpg

Inside a house

eb6b5v.jpg

x2s0v5.jpg

Marvin the Smash master. I'll leave what he said for you guys to think about. Yes, it's a side quest :D
I'm currently working on scripting the rest of the town. I think it's going great so far :)

I'll edit the first post sometime soon with the new stuff. I also added some things in the "Possible Ideas section". Looks like other people on the same mission is now a feature ;D
I've also decided to keep Pokemon adoption :)

At this point I'm going to take in names for trainers that you come across in the game. Please format your idea like this:

Code:
Trainer name: Rawr
Before Battle: Rawr
Defeat: You beat my Rawr
After Battle: My rawr is still developing!

Please nothing ridiculous. No names with numbers, or names like "Pokemaz Ruler". If you can't fill in the entire thing, don't fill in anything. Any contribution will be taken into consideration. I'll Post some more updates accordingly ;D

TB Pro

Old-timer
Years
Trainer name: Jess
Before Battle: This thing? This thing here? I believe it's called a "Pokeman".
Defeat: NO MY POKEMANZ!
After Battle: Oh, they're called Pokemon...

Last edited:

Omega Zero

Is back...
Years
I can see through the strike tag you know. I'll post a video of some scripts later. I just don't like waiting hours for them to upload. Maybe a video of that entire Charmander thing :)
Thanks for the comment.

Sprite Update:

I made some OWs a while ago. Today I had our wonderful slave,NikaNoroU, fixed up its hair. Credits to him for that. Yeah, I'm going to make a girl soon too. So here it is, rival #2:
6z1ytx.png

Possibly more to come~

Other Updates:

21awete.jpg

I picture before Fault Cavern, I forgot to post it.

9kr1bl.jpg

Yes, it's a town :D

2h6zfad.jpg

Inside a house

eb6b5v.jpg

x2s0v5.jpg

Marvin the Smash master. I'll leave what he said for you guys to think about. Yes, it's a side quest :D
I'm currently working on scripting the rest of the town. I think it's going great so far :)

I'll edit the first post sometime soon with the new stuff. I also added some things in the "Possible Ideas section". Looks like other people on the same mission is now a feature ;D
I've also decided to keep Pokemon adoption :)

At this point I'm going to take in names for trainers that you come across in the game. Please format your idea like this:

Code:
Trainer name: Rawr
Before Battle: Rawr
Defeat: You beat my Rawr
After Battle: My rawr is still developing!

Please nothing ridiculous. No names with numbers, or names like "Pokemaz Ruler". If you can't fill in the entire thing, don't fill in anything. Any contribution will be taken into consideration. I'll Post some more updates accordingly ;D
Cool looking piccies and looking forward :D

Trainer name: Auron
Before Battle: hmph weakling
Defeat: Just a fluke
After Battle: go away!

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
Years
Trainer name: Ace Trainer(?) Alex
Before Battle: This Battle is over
Defeat: Like I said!
After Battle: Wait, I lost?
~Feel free to change whatever buddy ;P
--------------

The screenshots look promising, the cave is eh, low mountains?
oh wait i should read the story to.
Wait a second, i remember this xD still it is good,
Good luck!
ill be keeping out for this

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
Years
Ooh, sounds like fun!
Name: Smuggler (That bandit guy with the sack of Pokeballs over his shoulder) Jerome
Before: Yo, my homeboy! Lemme hold a dollar!
Defeat: Yo man, that ain't mush!
After: Can I still get that dollar?

nasonex

is trying to learn how to hack
Years
Nice maps Alignment! But maybe you should replace
the FR grass with HGSS grass maybe?

Anyways, i hope to see more on scripting cause I
can see that the maps look great and I hope that
the scripts are the same..

Trainer name: Nasonex (Guitarist) the trainer with the guitar? i don't know his name.. >.<
Before Battle: I am at the top of the world!
Defeat: Why? Did I fall or something?
After Battle: Oh... I never got to the top...

Last edited:

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
Years
Hai hai, good stuff there Alignment.
By the way, you have tile errors in this screen (misplaced the chairs).
2h6zfad.jpg

Also, about trainers:

Trainer name: Barry (preferably a hiker)
Before Battle: Hey! do you like hiking, too?
Defeat: Guess not!
After Battle: I can see that you are more keen on battling than hiking.

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years

Gyms have basically died out? I think I died a little on the inside... D:

I don't know why I didn't realise this earlier, bu the sign's pallete isn't that great. I know that you're using the mountain pallete on the sign, and believe me it looks great on the mountain, but the colours you have used for the sign remind me of a big pile of poo. Don't swap the palletes or anything, just use some of the lighter colours to make it look nicer :D

Trainer name: Dez - (Scientist pl0x)
Before Battle: Do you know about the soil composition around here?
Defeat: Why doesn't anybody give a hoot about soil anymore?
After Battle: I think I lost my notes...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back