• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Pokémon Polished Crystal (update 2.2.0)

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 27, 2023
Heading to get my 6th badge, how do I evolve sneasel to a weavile?
And gengar and alkazam

Last edited:

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Don't know if this was already mentioned but Noctowl is Psychic/Flying in version 2.2.0. Morty uses one so it's obviously meant to be Ghost/Flying.

Heading to get my 6th badge, how do I evolve sneasel to a weavile?
And gengar and alkazam
Seasel evolves by leveling up when holding a razor claw. You can get one in Quiet cave or wild sneasel can have one. I believe Gengar evolves by having at least 5 Carbos worth of Speed EVs, Alakazam with at least 5 Calcium worth of EVs.

Last edited:

BronzeSwagger

Sugar&Spice
Years
Don't know if this was already mentioned but Noctowl is Psychic/Flying in version 2.2.0. Morty uses one so it's obviously meant to be Ghost/Flying.

Actually, Psychic/Flying is the correct choice based on his lore and moves he learns. Its mainly added to Morty's team as a challenge factor for anyone using the Gengar-line

Last edited:

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Actually, Psychic/Flying is the correct choice based on his lore and moves he learns. Its mainly added to Morty's team as a challenge factor for anyone using the Gengar-line
Yeah I was referencing the wrong source code, v3 has Noctowl as Ghost/Flying so that's why I was confused.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 29, 2023
I don't know if this is a bug or something, but sometimes, some of the Pokemon I catch appear as having 0's in all stats. I'm afraid of what might happen to the game, so I always release them quickly, I don't think I ever had a battle with them.

Do you guys know what this might be about? This is version 3.0.0, BTW.

Years
  • Age 33
  • NY
  • Seen Oct 9, 2023
I don't know if this is a bug or something, but sometimes, some of the Pokemon I catch appear as having 0's in all stats. I'm afraid of what might happen to the game, so I always release them quickly, I don't think I ever had a battle with them.

Do you guys know what this might be about? This is version 3.0.0, BTW.

There is no version 3.0.0. There have been a few beta 3.0.0 patches, which mention specific commit IDs that were used to build them like "a18de48". Do you know which one you're using? Or if you built it yourself, what commit did you use?

I've had reports of a bug like this before, but it was a while ago and seems to be fixed by now. And IIRC, when it happened you could do something to recalculate their stat, like depositing them or leveling them up, and it would go away.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 27, 2023
Just finished the game, beat green. Got a mewtwo my god that was annoying to try to catch. Are there any other goodies?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 29, 2023
There is no version 3.0.0. There have been a few beta 3.0.0 patches, which mention specific commit IDs that were used to build them like "a18de48". Do you know which one you're using? Or if you built it yourself, what commit did you use?

I've had reports of a bug like this before, but it was a while ago and seems to be fixed by now. And IIRC, when it happened you could do something to recalculate their stat, like depositing them or leveling them up, and it would go away.
Um, I don't really know, I got it from this blog site called, gbahacks. It said it was a beta from July 7th, does that tell you anything? :S

Years
Hey there. I'm trying to beat E4 but having trouble to defeat lance. There is any better place to grind than battling wild pokemon in victory road?

By the way, such a awesome hack. I'm having a lot of fun and my Weaville turned into a fucking beast. Keep the good job Rangi!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 29, 2023
Hey there. I'm trying to beat E4 but having trouble to defeat lance. There is any better place to grind than battling wild in victory road?

By the way, such a awesome hack. I'm having a lot of fun and my Weaville turned into a ****ing beast. Keep the good job Rangi!

What mons are you using and what are their levels? For me the Elite 4 was only a matter of buying enough healing items.

Years
What mons are you using and what are their levels? For me the Elite 4 was only a matter of buying enough healing items.
I'm not using healing itens in my run, it's funnier for me.
My pokemons are Weaville, Farfetch'd, Gengar, Starmie. All of them lv60-63. Looking for 2 more pokemons to add in my party and I will need to grind them.

Years
  • Age 33
  • NY
  • Seen Oct 9, 2023
As always, there's been a lot of progress and discussion on the Polished Crystal Discord server, but I wanted to post this here too. Route 47 and 48 now have real bridges!

V3DgeQm.png

Here's the full map. You can cross over or under the bridges, just like in RSE and HGSS.

(One thing it lacks is Rock Climb in the bottom-left corner, but Pok?mon Orange does have that.)

Edit: Here's a video: https://youtu.be/cnFibA-Dbpk

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Ruvaldak

I'M NOT YELLING, I'M JUST PUTTING MAJOR EMPHASIS O
Years
As always, there's been a lot of progress and discussion on the Polished Crystal Discord server, but I wanted to post this here too. Route 47 and 48 now have real bridges!

V3DgeQm.png

Here's the full map. You can cross over or under the bridges, just like in RSE and HGSS.

(One thing it lacks is Rock Climb in the bottom-left corner, but Pok?mon Orange does have that.)

Edit: Here's a video: https://youtu.be/cnFibA-Dbpk

Spoiler:

Amazing work!

In the mean time, I've been running about, checking for bugs and stuff. Your puddles and 'rain' in certain areas are AMAZING!!!!

2017-11-06.png

They even make noise when you step on them! Great job rangi!

I also posted a bug in your GitHub issues section

Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Nov 18, 2017
That bridge/waterfall is supremely impressive from my perspective as a programmer, well done!

The quality of engineering on this project is most impressive -- you could say it was very *ahem* polished. Now that the graphics are vastly improved there's one thing that stands out -- has always stood out, since 1996 -- to me and that's the sloppy way coastlines are handled. It was bad in 1996 and it's still bad today.

coast.jpg

Can you please do something about these edges?

Years
  • Age 33
  • NY
  • Seen Oct 9, 2023
That bridge/waterfall is supremely impressive from my perspective as a programmer, well done!

The quality of engineering on this project is most impressive -- you could say it was very *ahem* polished. Now that the graphics are vastly improved there's one thing that stands out -- has always stood out, since 1996 -- to me and that's the sloppy way coastlines are handled. It was bad in 1996 and it's still bad today.

View attachment 83716

Can you please do something about these edges?

I don't think I can; coastlines like that wouldn't make sense with the usual edges, since they're not supposed to be that elevated, and there's no room for a second set of coastline tiles. (And even if there were, they'd have to be entirely blue, brown, or gray, and would look too thick.)

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 28, 2018
Really cannot wait for 3.0 now, avoided playing the beta as don't want to lose any progress.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 9, 2017
Quick question, where do you find the TM hyper voice? The source code says goldernrod harbour, but i couldnt find it there. Is it a bug?

Back