• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Project: Communitydex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nimblethumbs

my name would look hot in bold
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2015
Yes it looks very blazikenish >.> The description says it has several wispy fins. Where are they?

Years
Gonna add a slight modification to my hummingbird sprite. I think this has better colors and I fixed some minor problems.

tahegy.png

ive had a bash at tiamoor :)
I think we're going for 100% scratched sprites - no edits, recolors, or using parts of official sprites.

That aside, I think you need to expand on this sprite, make it a little larger, give it more detail, smooth out the linework, and probably give it more water/dragon coloring. Not that orange can't work, but it's really got to give you the impression of being something that lives in water.

Last edited:

Xilfer

Just won't die.
Years
This seems interesting, could be a place to let my ideas loose....

I was thinking a Fire starter named Tiggy, a water starter named Hippy and a Grass starter named Mischree

Tiggy:
Fire
Fire Tiger Pokemon
Tiggy tend to live near or around Volcanos, so they can get ready for the long climb up the Volcano upon evolution.

Hippy:
Water
Little Hippo Pokemon
Hippy like the cold, but they are too small to withstand the cold, they are incapapble of taking care of themselves for a long time, when they are born they are defenceless and they remain so for 2 months.
They tend to live near or around cold areas and around lakes and such.

Mischree:
Grass
Mischeivous Pokemon
Mischree like to scare people and play pranks! they are among the most mischeivous and devilish pokemon but they would never dare to harm anyone, they primarily pretend to be normal trees and then jump people.
The owner of a Mischree should be wary not to let themeselves be fooled by Mischree's devilish pranks.

I'm a no-good spriter so i can only ask someone else to do this for me.
Tiggy must look cute but fierce, make it small, about the size of a skitty or a growlithe...
Colors must vary from different shades of Orange, to dark oranges please.

Hippy must look cute, it is obviously a hippo, so it must look like one, colors may vary from different shades of blue to some light blues. siz must resemble growlithe's.

Mischree must be in the shape of a tree, it must have a kind of face like Mischeivous or something, and maybe make it look a little ghostish as it's evos will be ghost types....

I was also thinking of these, but i haven't compeletely invisioned they're appearances yet so...

Psyion:
Psychic
The Mystic Lion Pokemon
Psyion are very Mysterious creatures, when walking into fog they can compeletely dissapear, they can teleport anywhere they want when they want to, so it's hard to catch one and to train it, but if you gain it's trust it will do everything in it's power to protect you from harm, Not too much is known about them, as they keep their closest secrets even from their own kin.

Cheetark
Dark
The Cheater Pokemon
Never play a game with Cheetark, it will most certainly cheat, and you'll never know they did, they are sleek devilish and sometimes considered evil, they are some of the best hunters around, and they never miss their prey, however they have good sides, gain one's trust and it will stay loyal to you forever, but unfortuneatly they wouldn't have many feelings for your friends, they would only stay loyal to you, unless they've come to trust your friends aswell, they do not tend well towards strangers, and they will attack anyon or anything that threatens them or their loved ones without hesitation.

Kangabang
Fighting
The Kung-fu Pokemon
Kangabang are skilled Kung-fu fighters, they are born with no knowledge whatsever but they are quick thinkers, fast reacters and quick learners, they are headstrong and never give up without a fight, they are taught martial arts by their parents and have martial contests to see who will be the leader of the pack, Owners of a Kangabang should be wary that this keen fighter does not get into any sort of brawl situations, otherwise they are a great pokemon to own.

These are starters as well, they will have evolutions, so don't make them too big or too small, they are a side branch of starter types that i constructed:

Fire kills grass wich kills water wich kills fire
Psychic kills fighting wich kills dark wich kills psychic!

Hope you like'em and hope you sprite 'em, LOL. ;)

Years
  • Seen Mar 21, 2016
.. The creator of the Thread sayd no to post more ideas. I don't know why people still keep posting them..

Xilfer

Just won't die.
Years
Why not? isn't giving ideas and having them realised and put into a pokedex what this place is about? a Communitydex? if not this sucks! and i'll go somewhere else with my brain of ideas. >:|

Years
  • Seen Mar 10, 2013
Calm down - We already have a massive list of concepts, as seen in the opening post. If more and more ideas continue to be added to the list then we'll end up with an enormous list of Pokémon concepts without enough artists or time to develop them all.

You can't have your ideas realised if they're sandwiched inside a ton of others for artists to get to

Xilfer

Just won't die.
Years
So how DO i get my ideas realised? pixel art request thread? i've tried that, none of them bothered to create my genius!

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
Years
Why not? isn't giving ideas and having them realised and put into a pokedex what this place is about? a Communitydex? if not this sucks! and i'll go somewhere else with my brain of ideas. >:|
Well they are, but we already have so much that we need to sprite those. Spriting aint so hard anyway, if you spent less time throwing this fit, you couldve maybe down a idea on the 1st post a little bit :P

Im sorry, yours are cool but yeah, we need to clear up some.

Xilfer

Just won't die.
Years
Well they are, but we already have so much that we need to sprite those. Spriting aint so hard anyway, if you spent less time throwing this fit, you couldve maybe down a idea on the 1st post a little bit :P

Im sorry, yours are cool but yeah, we need to clear up some.

I'm not throwing a fit, i'm just devestated, finally i thought i found a place that could manifest my genius!
Spriting is annoyingly hard! i've tried it a million times and you're the millionth person to tell me this! I-just-cant!
And no i'm not lazy! it's damn hard y'know!

tnguye3

Very, very, very lazy spriter.
Years

For now, let's work on the concepts we already have, instead of giving more and more ideas. I think we should get at least 1/3 of the concepts we have now sprited before we add more ideas. Thanks!

Approved by Logiedan. This is allowed in the Pixel Art Section of the Forums
^^^That

Patience, your sprites will eventually be realised. We just need to first work with the current concepts we have and clear the list, which can take a while unless we get more pixel artists involved. :P

Xilfer

Just won't die.
Years
I can wait, but i won't wait 6 months or some crap like that.
I've already posted up a request in the art request thread, but i doubt it will be answered, so i have no bloody idea what to do!
Somebody contact me if my sprites are ever made.

altariaking

Needs NO VMs...
Years
Calm down...if you want the sprites done THAT badly then read some tutorials and do it yourself, you're not going to get anywhere by shouting at everyone else because we already have so many sprites to do. And anyway, this isn't even a request thread, if you really need someone to make sprites or your hack/game, you should go recruit a team to help.

Nimblethumbs

Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2015
I agree with everyone. Stop throwing a fit, when we pixellers finish the ideas we will try to sprite yours.

Be patient...

Xilfer

Just won't die.
Years
How many times do i have to tell you i'm not throwing a fit! jeez!

I'm not angry i'm just really dissapointed.

I might be able to sprite them myself, i gave it a try and i got something pretty decent, but someone please contact me if they are ever made please, i won't be checking back here again.
Just PM them to me if they are made.

Years
I'm going to try and say this as politely as I can. This place is not a place for your ridiculous hacks/fan games, seeing as you are making requests and all of that.. The sprites are mainly for the Communitydex and as there is a lot of spriteless ideas, us pixel artists need to sprite whatever we can. I don't think you'd like it if we ignore everyone else's ideas and gone onto yours..

Also, sure, go ahead. Sprite them yourself and post it here as a WIP. We can help make changes and improve the sprite.

As tnguye brought back, we are currently not looking for any ideas without sprites because we have a ton of ideas without sprites.

You've just posted your ideas this early morning.. Surely you don't expect us to finish all of that in one day.

Last edited:

blackmoonflower

You won't like me if I'm angry
Years
Well I was considering taking on those ideas, but that attitude is not cool.

So.. Chicari. I took a stab at it.

Chicaricopy.png

Thoughts?

tnguye3

Very, very, very lazy spriter.
Years
Well I was considering taking on those ideas, but that attitude is not cool.

So.. Chicari. I took a stab at it.

Chicaricopy.png

Thoughts?

Dam it's so cute! xD
It's great, I just think you need to work on the wings and seperate the feathers apart and make them more "rounder".

Nimblethumbs

Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2015
Another I've noticed when working with wings is there is a dithering/shading in the center of the wings, extending to the tips, but leaving a base color on the tips of the wings. I suggest using that, then changing the color in certain areas of shading to match your lighting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back