• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Winter is here, what fun snow activities do you like?

AdamHays

Banned
Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2004
I wish i got snow in my backyard,but no i have to go for a trip to get to it,oh well XD.

I like snowboarding and snowball fights and all that stuff.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
Years
Snow? *looks and waits for snow but never gets any*. Here in Georgia it just gets cold. And if we do get any snow then it's just enough to make the ground white. Nothing can be done with it, just to be looked at. XD

Zapchu

Da' Evolution Chu
Years
Eh...Arcy, couldn't you drive about...2 hours to a skit resort? That's what I do... =X The only place around here that has snow is Lake Tahoe which is on the border of California and Nevada. I also think Colorado and the east coast Applachain? Mountains should have snow...

jynx

Er.../eh...
Years
Blue Jasmine said:
In my country,we're in Rainy season. Plus,there isn't any snow in my country. Because,I'm in South West Asian.
My parents live in Asia too! ^^

And I go home once every school term.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
Years
Zapchu said:
Eh...Arcy, couldn't you drive about...2 hours to a skit resort? That's what I do... =X The only place around here that has snow is Lake Tahoe which is on the border of California and Nevada. I also think Colorado and the east coast Applachain? Mountains should have snow...
No I don't know of any skit resorts around here. But I can drive 2 hours to NC where they have a white water rafting. But I'm not to sure rafting is all that good cold like this. XD

^^NICK^^ v.3.0

Original Nick
Years
I like getting really cold by rolling around in tons of clothes, while in the snow, then getting hot chocolate, and hoping I don't have school the following day.

Teara

First visit in 4 years (oops)
Years
I ZEVERLY DIZLIKE the cold ~_~ I like to juzt zit in my nice warm room wrapped in about 5 blankettz watching a movie ^_^
Of courze, that'z juzt becauze we don't have much znow. If there iz znow outzide I love playing like a 5 year old in the znow with my friendz X3

I alzo like ztanding on my zled and trying to ztay on it while I race my friendz-with their real znow boardz- down the zteepezt hill we can find.

Oh, and I love watching winter zportz =3

Miyu-chan

.::f l o w e r g i r l::.
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Apr 23, 2014
Snow? Here? o.o; Errr... Maybe unless we drive for hours... but ahem... I really like ice-skating. =]

Years
  • Seen Aug 30, 2021
Well, thankfully it almost always snows here atleast once during the winter, so my brother and I have a lot of fun playing out in it! ^_^ We usually have huge snowball fights with our friends and stuff, build snowmen and snow forts, (if there's enough snow) run around just doing crazy stuff, etc. It's so fun--I love it when it snows!

DragonTrainer

Shiver me timbers!
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 8, 2012
There's no snow in my part of Texas, we get ripped off, but at least it isn't as cold :P

*~Ashley~*

♥ Matt
Years
DragonTrainer said:
There's no snow in my part of Texas, we get ripped off, but at least it isn't as cold :P
DT! How many times do I have to tell you that snow is evil? Be glad you never get it... you get all the nice warm weather. *is jealous of DT's Texas home* But yeah... snow is bad. It snowed today... and it's only November x_x Let's just say work isn't fun in the cold weather... my hands went numb ;_;

DragonTrainer

Shiver me timbers!
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 8, 2012
Yea, I think snow would be cool for like, a week, butt hen shoveling and dirty snow and freezing cold stuff would flat out suck, go Texas!

Miyu-chan

.::f l o w e r g i r l::.
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Apr 23, 2014
lol, I love snow, so I'm flying out to NYC for the winter. xD *gets all starry eyed*

Years
  • Seen Aug 30, 2021
snowangel3181988 said:
DT! How many times do I have to tell you that snow is evil? Be glad you never get it... you get all the nice warm weather. *is jealous of DT's Texas home* But yeah... snow is bad. It snowed today... and it's only November x_x Let's just say work isn't fun in the cold weather... my hands went numb ;_;
Actually, I bet that if you lived in Texas you'd love snow, lol. It gets so hot here during the summer, so once cooler weather comes around it's such a relief. But I guess that since DT lives near the ocean, it's cooler there... Here there isn't one nearby, and I'm so jealous. I need to move back to a tropical place. T_T Anyway, if you really do like hot weather then I'd recommend moving here, because we've got plenty of it! *runs off to move back to Hawaii*

DragonTrainer

Shiver me timbers!
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 8, 2012
Yea, I live real close to the Gulf, and warm weather rocks, better to play sports in dont ya know?

Years
  • Seen Aug 30, 2021
Yeah, where you live... When you walk outside around here during the middle of summer then you'd probably have a better chance surviving in a pit of fire. >_> *sweatdrop*

*~Ashley~*

♥ Matt
Years
But Kay... it gets really hot here too x_x It sucks cuz it's really hot and disgustingly humid in the summer... but in the winter it's freezing cold. Ugh. We have a temperature span of over 100 degrees! It's awful. But I can see why people who have never experienced snow would like to... but since I get so much of it, I hate it.

And I never, ever shovel snow... that's my dad's job. *is lazy* And I try to avoid contact with the snow whenever possible. Although, an occasional snowball fight it always fun! >)

100marios

Reigning Dork Champion of PC
Years
Unfortunately, we don't get any snow here in Miami, but when the temperature gets low enough we take full advantage of the season. It still gets pretty cold, so it's possible you may see many people staring at their breath in wonder and excitement... myself included, hehe. Once the thermometer sinks below the 70 mark, every person in the city automatically bundles up in sweaters, coats, hats, gloves and all sorts of other clothes to embrace the short cold front that has come. It's fun while it lasts, but I'd love it if we got some snow sometime! Christmas feels kind of strange when it's bright enough outside for one to get a tan, hehe.

My family and I do visit my grandfather in Utah every so often though, so we get the chance to goof around hurtling snowballs and builiding snowmen when the time comes!

Back