• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Staff Feedback Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
I just wanted to say that... I think you guys are amazing. I used to be really scared of the admins and stuff because of some bad moments in the past. I stayed away from a lot of you guys, but I started mingling more and found out that PC is now a much more accepting group of people. I'm no longer afraid of talking to any of you now. I've talked to some of you, and you are all so nice and considerate. <3 Ever since I've returned, I have not run into any problems with the staff. :D

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
It might be a good idea to list in the rules that Pokémon Amie avatars aren't permitted on the forums to prevent confusion for members such as myself from using .gifs of Pokémon gameplay in their avatars, given how popular the Amie feature is in the X&Y game and how sexually suggestive using the feature is, despite its E rating by the ESRB. Or perhaps restrict it to Humanoid Pokémon.

Also might be a good idea to keep in mind what may be suggestive to a 21 year old may not be for a 13- year old and to perhaps keep that perspective on things in the future.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
It might be a good idea to list in the rules that Pokémon Amie avatars aren't permitted on the forums to prevent confusion for members such as myself from using .gifs of Pokémon gameplay in their avatars, given how popular the Amie feature is in the X&Y game and how sexually suggestive using the feature is, despite its E rating by the ESRB. Or perhaps restrict it to Humanoid Pokémon.

Also might be a good idea to keep in mind what may be suggestive to a 21 year old may not be for a 13- year old and to perhaps keep that perspective on things in the future.

Your avatar was removed because Jynx is a humanoid Pokemon with breast-like features and your .gif was specifically suggestive by using the cursor to "massage" the breast-like feature. Similar thing would be massaging Machoke's crotch. You should know better, smh.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
Which is why I came here and suggested including that in the rules. Don't recall asking why it was removed. I came here to give a suggestion.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Which is why I came here and suggested including that in the rules. Don't recall asking why it was removed. I came here to give a suggestion.

Pokemon Amie-related avatars and signatures are not against the rules and therefore it won't be added. You're simply throwing a tantrum because your "rebellion" was removed. I, for one, know that you like to skirt the rules when you can and this is just another one of those times. I don't appreciate you using the staff feedback thread for your personal enjoyment, either.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
Pokemon Amie-related avatars and signatures are not against the rules and therefore it won't be added. You're simply throwing a tantrum because your "rebellion" was removed. I, for one, know that you like to skirt the rules when you can and this is just another one of those times. I don't appreciate you using the staff feedback thread for your personal enjoyment, either.
Oh my god are you kidding me? I found the avatar on live journal and thought it was funny, so I put it on as my avatar here. Never did I think "lol this'll show 'em" or anything like that. I don't really appreciate you assuming that my suggestion was used for personal enjoyment like I'm some kind of plagued troll, or that I used that avatar with the intent to rebel against a staff who not only I was part of, but helped build. Do I agree that it should have been removed? No. Am I trying to fight the fact that it was removed? If I did, Gavin would have surely notified you. I accept that it was removed, despite not liking it. I left a suggestion to include it in the rules, because it isn't in the rules. The only thing mentioned in the rules are signatures and sexually explicit ones that aren't within a PG-13 rating. The game is rated E by a qualified board, which is why I felt that it should be listed in the rules. I left a suggestion to help clarify for future reference, which is also why I included "Or maybe clarify that it's for humanoid Pokémon" or whatever it was in the first paragraph. If I was really intent to rebel, I wouldn't have left a suggestion and would have simply put it back. But I didn't do that.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
It certainly seemed like it to me, so I apologize for my misunderstanding. Anyway, rubbing a Pokemon's breast-like part is not PG-13 in most people's minds anyway, so regardless, it was removed. It just doesn't have a place on our forum. There's no need to add to the rules what's already there (The PG-13 rule applies here).

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
It certainly seemed like it to me, so I apologize for my misunderstanding. Anyway, rubbing a Pokemon's breast-like part is not PG-13 in most people's minds anyway, so regardless, it was removed. It just doesn't have a place on our forum. There's no need to add to the rules what's already there (The PG-13 rule applies here).
I think you're confusing PG-13 with PG, because I've seen a lot more suggestive things in PG-13 movies.

Last edited:

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
Just wondering why PG-13 is being thrown around when we now enorce a rule that keeps our demographic at age thirteen and over? o_O PG-13 material is whatever might be found unsuitable or inappropriate for children under the age of thirteen. I mean, I'm indifferent towards the avatar as I've stated elsewhere, but otherwise.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
But that's just...sort of stupid. We're doing whatever the hell we can to ensure below 13 people don't come here without parental consent. If they still do it regardless by faking age, then that's out of our control. It shouldn't really matter to us whether or not they really are below 13.

I agree with Dave. The 13+ bullcrap rule was enforced and a lot of people got their account banned. This place shouldn't shy away from any 13+ stuff now. Especially for those who MIGHT be hiding their real age - as they're at fault, not PC.

And, for the most part, PC doesn't actually. Some PC discussions are very mature. Wouldn't have been possible if we restricted ourself to kiddie stuff.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
I think it's because kids under 13 can still browse the forums.
If that's the case, then that PG-13 rule needs to be looked at again. We can't be a forum that restricts some PG-13 content and not others. I see plenty of suggestive comments made among the forums. In fact, I make them a lot. But I have never once seen a staff member punish someone for making suggestive statements on the forums. And yet, suggestive avatars are among the ones that qualify for "This isn't suitable for children." We're a forum for peoples 13 years or older, and yet we cater to those younger. It's understandable, given the audience of the Pokémon game (and the rating), but there is a huge gray spot that really needs to be examined and looked at.

That being said, I need to get this off my chest. Mac, this is in no way directed to you alone, because I know you're not the only one. I have been a member here for years and have made both financial contributions for not only myself, but on behalf of other people for supportership, and I have put hundreds and hundreds of hours into this forum as a staff member to make things better.

I don't at all appreciate people assuming that I'm a staff member gone bad, especially considering the note that I left on. I resigned from my post, and came back only to realize that simply put the spark wasn't there anymore. I realized that and I did what was best for everyone and resigned from my post for good so that someone who could do more for the forum in that position could use it. I was not fired. I did not cause any problems. I left with whatever suggestions that I had left in me fulfilled by posting them before I left, and I left with recommendations and an input on who replaced me.

I am honestly livid that there are people who believe that I would do something here to cause a problem or rebel against a group of people I was not only part of at one point in time, but helped build. I'm not asking for special treatment. I'm just asking for a little respect and a benefit of whatever doubt that you have in the actions I take on these forums. That's all. In my mind, this avatar would have been fine if someone else had posted it. I would have had the same stance on it if I was on the other side that I do being the person at fault.

Years
I do think there is weight to the argument of loosening the PG 13 restrictions, as COPPA essentially makes this community a built-in PG 13 community. What makes this a difficult in my opinion, however, is that there's bound to be some difference of opinion regarding some topics. What doesn't offend some people, might offend others.

Years
But that's just...sort of stupid. We're doing whatever the hell we can to ensure below 13 people don't come here without parental consent. If they still do it regardless by faking age, then that's out of our control. It shouldn't really matter to us whether or not they really are below 13.

I don't think the point is to prevent kids below 13 to come here, I think it's more to prevent their participation or interaction. That being said, I don't think we should be posting things too risque, as we should keep some level of family-friendliness, so I believe. Kids will eventually bump into one of the largest Pokemon communities on the internet, and I do think it's our responsibility to keep that in mind.

I don't think rules are the way to go. Everything is subjective - so how do we make sense of that with equal treatment? I think we all just have to make prudent decisions about what is or isn't appropriate. An honour system.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I find it a true shame that some people think Ace is just a rotten ex-staff member. But at the same time, this thread is for staff feedback, and not COPPA feedback. There's a thread for that. If you want to complain about it and the discretion we're using with it and your issues with what's PG-13 or not, use that thread. Admittedly, and this being a fine case right here, it could use some defined lines.

For what it's worth, Nick did a lot on PC as a staff member and made a lot of differences. It bothers me people could think he's just trying to rebel and start a riot here over an avatar of all things.

Years
What we're talking about isn't COPPA related in that it's not referring to who should/shouldn't have access to PC. I guess you could say I'm providing my feedback as it relates to the family-friendliness of the forum. That's in the public interest, and as a result, something that should be brought up to staff eh? I guess my feedback is specific, it might not be critiquing what the staff are(n't) doing explicitly but I feel it's in the domain of letting you guys know what I think.

Years
I find it a true shame that some people think Ace is just a rotten ex-staff member. But at the same time, this thread is for staff feedback, and not COPPA feedback. There's a thread for that. If you want to complain about it and the discretion we're using with it and your issues with what's PG-13 or not, use that thread. Admittedly, and this being a fine case right here, it could use some defined lines.

For what it's worth, Nick did a lot on PC as a staff member and made a lot of differences. It bothers me people could think he's just trying to rebel and start a riot here over an avatar of all things.

Let's please try and keep the above in mind. I think what Nick's going for here is to include, or to at least elaborate, on rules regarding Pokemon Amie avatars, specifically potentially lewd or suggestive poses or stances involving pokemon characters. I would think it would already full under rules covering inappropriate content.

Personally, I think the reaction to something so mundane is completely, incredibly stupid and a total waste of time and energy.

So please, keep my thread to actual feedback. Take the beef elsewhere.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
What we're talking about isn't COPPA related in that it's not referring to who should/shouldn't have access to PC. I guess you could say I'm providing my feedback as it relates to the family-friendliness of the forum. That's in the public interest, and as a result, something that should be brought up to staff eh? I guess my feedback is specific, it might not be critiquing what the staff are(n't) doing explicitly but I feel it's in the domain of letting you guys know what I think.

I wasn't really talking to you. Not to sound rude, of course. I was mainly trying to quell what was going on about the avatar business and the way Ace was being treated. I do think the "what's appropriate and not" business should be addressed though, but I feel like it should be brought up in the COPPA thread since that's where all this age appropriate-ness stuff seems to go. I feel like this thread is for feedback on the staff themselves, not what should be brought up to us.

Not trying to tear you down, cause I definitely agree with you, just trying to clarify what I meant earlier.

Years
The staff could use this forum as a focus group to ascertain community perception on their policies and performance. Personally I don't see the fine line between feedback for staff/what should be brought up, but I understand where you're coming from.

Phangy

Master
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Sep 10, 2014
Is this where to go about suggesting things the mods can do to make the forums better? Cuz last thread i tried got locked down before any discussions could be made and all i got was more passive aggressive BS and random links to all the obvious stuff that doesn't actually help me.

Thing is, you guys are suppose to keep this all clean and safe and what not, but the solution for that is to close off stuff before anything is answered and moved off into a giant pile that's takes forever to look through. As more and more stuff is piled on, the more it gets lost and the more people have to make new threads to try to find answers. And cuz the last 2 attempts to get this question answered got closed off and ignored, i'm still wondering. Is there a way to better organize the forums so that info can be quickly and easily found?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back