• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Coming "Soon": Pocket Monsters: The Priestess of Light and the Lord of Shadows

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
Hey! I've decided to come out of writiong retirement!

This fanfic will be much different from Coherence. I'm using the Japanese Names of Pokemon, Attacks, Abilities, Items, locations, and human names. It will alos incorperate Japanese Honorfics.

Ayumu and Kana are are two girls who get caught up in the superrnatural aspects of the Pokemon world. Spirits(Not Ghost Types) and Psychics will be abundant, as both exist in the canon(videogame) Pokemon world.

I just need to know if there is a special honorfic used for Mikos(Priestesses).

Yamato-san

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Feb 15, 2012
nah, "miko" could practically be treated like a name and have any honorific added to it. Though given the situations where most people would talk to one, the most commonly seen phrases would be "miko-san", or "miko-sama" if someone acts extremely respectful towards them.

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
nah, "miko" could practically be treated like a name and have any honorific added to it. Though given the situations where most people would talk to one, the most commonly seen phrases would be "miko-san", or "miko-sama" if someone acts extremely respectful towards them.

Okay, thanks ^^

So, does the fic sound even a little interesting?

I need to add more info, but I don't want to spoil anything...

Yamato-san

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Feb 15, 2012
meh.... if you know me (and I think you do... I've seen you in the Fanfic Lounge a number of times now), you'd know that I usually don't give my time of day to narratives. But word of warning: I hope you're not thinking your story will be great because you use Japanese names and take advantage of Pokemon's native setting. I mean, I invoke such things in my writing as well, but I've also given a lot of thought to my stories' outline and character development and whatnot.

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
meh.... if you know me (and I think you do... I've seen you in the Fanfic Lounge a number of times now), you'd know that I usually don't give my time of day to narratives. But word of warning: I hope you're not thinking your story will be great because you use Japanese names and take advantage of Pokemon's native setting. I mean, I invoke such things in my writing as well, but I've also given a lot of thought to my stories' outline and character development and whatnot.

I know better than that XD

I just like the Japanese names better, even though I use the English ones more often (Except for D/P Pokemon). I also feel like the use of Honorfics will help put the emphisis on the strong friendship between teh two main characters. There's only so much you can do with "That's right grrrrrrrlfriend!!!!1111one" rather than "That's a great idea, Ayu-chan!"

Back