• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

2nd Gen Metal & Color Generation Help Thread

Best secondary Pokemon Growlithe, Abra, or Machop?

• Growlithe

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Abra

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • Machop

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stodd

Dragon Tamer
Years
Squirtle - You need to defeat Lt.Surge.
Bulbasaur - You need your Pikachu to love you. As in the one that can follow you outside of your Pokeball and you can press A on it and it will show it's emotion. If it doesn't do that with your traded Pikachu, I don't think you will be able to get Bulbasaur.

My question: Pokemon Yellow - Elite 4.
Up to the elite 4, tried battling them, I can get up to the 4th elite but can't defeat him.

I was wondering if you could give me an idea on what moves to teach my Pokemon team, I currently have every single TM possible in Yellow from where I am up to. As I am aware of.

Team:

Pikachu lvl 52
Butterfree lvl 48
Hitmonlee lvl 54
Bulbasaur lvl 45
Charmeleon lvl 45
Dugtrio lvl 52

Thanks!

that's good, cuz i prefer a squirtle and dont even use the bulbasaur.

as for your problem, your moveset depends on your personal preference. do you like power or strategy?
also, save up major cash, stock up on items, and wait as late as possible to use them.
you might also want to evolve charmeleon and bulbasaur, as they are much more powerful once they are evolved. but again, that is personal preference!

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
You're better off setting up your own moveset for each of your Pokemon, then post a thread in the in-game team help section in Battle Center and you'll get much better answers there. If you post your team in that section without moves though, it will be against the rules. So at least attempt to come up with possible moves for each.

Stodd

Dragon Tamer
Years
i'm playin yellow version and got a jolteon. but he doesn't learn any good moves for about 45 or 50 levels! how do i get my jolteon to a decent moveset, so it can at least survive for a bit until it gets to the light at the end of the tunnel???

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Give it Thunderbolt first and foremost, unless you gave it to something else...which...that would suck. If you don't have it, you could go for Thunder. The TM is in the Power Plant. Then perhaps Body Slam, just for general coverage and paralysis chance. Double Kick would provide some coverage as well, and to end off, Toxic or Thunder Wave. Jolteon doesn't have a lot to work with in Gen V unfortunately, so this was the best I could really come up with.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
i'm playin yellow version and got a jolteon. but he doesn't learn any good moves for about 45 or 50 levels! how do i get my jolteon to a decent moveset, so it can at least survive for a bit until it gets to the light at the end of the tunnel???

Pin Missile isn't half bad either. It'll do some decent damage to Psychic types like Alakazam.

Years
  • Seen Nov 28, 2012
My Key items disappeared in Crystal :((

i went to goldenrod and did all that junk and then i got the basement key, well it doesnt show up physically but i can go down to where it should be and it gives the discription and if i click it says use so i try it infront of the basement door and it doesnt work. so if someone could please help me that would be rad. thank you, BTW its the worst timeing, i have mssed this game and its my childhood favorite. i would really aprrechiate it someone could just help me get that door open haha thanks:)

tnfsf11

I almost finished the game (I just need to battle Red) and I need to see/battle these Pokemon to complete the Pokedex:
Cyndaquil, Quilava, Kabuto, Omanyte, Donphan, Chansey, Ledian, and Skarmory.
I also can't trade (bare that in mind) so add these as well:
Politoed, Scizor, and Porygon2.

I want someone to tell me if any trainers/NPCs in the game have them, or if they have them un-evolved so they can evolve later, or where I can find them if they are rare somewhere...
Thanks in advance.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Check Serebii's PokeEarth. It lists all the trainers in the areas and what Pokemon they have.

I also want to note that it doesn't count as a complete Pokedex unless you have caught everyone Pokemon. Seeing them doesn't work in older games. That was a mechanic added in gen IV.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Cyndaquil and Quilava: I don't think you can encounter those without trading with someone else
Kabuto: You can only get it with the time capsule (trading with Gen I games)
Omanyte: Trade
Donphan: Only in Silver or Crystal
Chansey: Routes 13, 14, and 15 (But it's rare)
Ledian: Only in Silver and Crystal
Skarmory: Only in Silver and Crystal

As for the one you get from trades, I don't think you can get it without trading with other people.

Hope this helps

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 5, 2016
WHere do you catch Suiciune in the post game, totally forgot its been a while.

ElementChaoz

Elementician
Years
Strategy for R/B/Y?

Hey all, its been awhile since i've played R/B/Y and I decided to start playing them again, now I remember I was to take all my time to leveling each pokemon i got to a certain lvl so i could have them all even in level, but now i'm playing again, and wondering, at the beginning should I just lvl up certain pokemon until i reach a certain point then just lvl up the rest later on if and when i need certain others?

KitsuneLugia96

Trainer Silver
Years
That is what I did when I played Red and Yellow recently. Before every gym I would level up my Pokemon to a certain level so that the gyms would be a lot easier. Before I battled Brock, I made sure all my Pokemon were level 15. Before Misty, I made sure they were level 25, and so on. It does take a lot of time, but it makes gym leaders easy to beat.

ElementChaoz

Elementician
Years
I mean like, i'm right at the 2nd Gym with Misty, and lvl'ing up the 6 pokemon I do have on hand in the grass area outside town, now should I just concentrate on certain pokemon I would need for every area and every gym or lvl up all the pokemon I have, or just lvl up pokemon i currently own as needed if i need them?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I like to have a team planned that I will take with me to the Elite Four, and train only those Pokemon. Try planning a nice, balanced team. I don't have trouble going through the game that way. Sometimes it takes a while before I have my full team assembled, but that's okay, because it's harder to train a full team so early on.

Though I don't know a lot of people that play the games the same. I think you'll just have to find a way that works for you. How I play the games now took a long time to get to, actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back