• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen What is your least favorite part of ORAS?

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 20, 2023
Yeah, Battle maison. Also the fact that the horde trainer battles were full of level 15s and such... I can take 5 level 30s Gamefreak. There's not much strength in numbers if everything is that weak.

Years
I'd probably say lack of trainer customization, but I can understand why it was done. Thankfully May looks a lot like me so it didn't really bother me too much, but it does bother those who battle competitively and kept seeing clones of the same trainer everywhere.

immacksg

follow @immacksg on twitter for some rad cartoon a
Years
Ooh, least favorite? Hmm...
This is gonna be a bit _long._

As the original Sapphire version is my favorite Pokemon game and game in general, I didn't like a lot of the changes in terms of item placement and such, but I'm not gonna harp on it solely for being different.

I personally thought that some of the remixes of the soundtrack didn't have much life to them, which I found really depressing. The Champion theme didn't sound nearly as epic as the original did, which was just a huge bummer.

I didn't mind the lack of trainer customization, but I would have loved it if they had the original outfits for the characters as options or unlockables.

I personally hated the fact that Wally has a Gallade now. The excuse of "they needed him to have a Pokemon that can Mega-Evolve" is not good enough, as Gardevoir also has one. I loved how the original game had Wally evolve his Ralts to a Gardevoir, which shows effort from a trainer. In ORAS, he could've just gotten a Dawn Stone and immediately shove it into Kirlia's face the second it evolved.

These last two are probably just me, but 1) I hate that they removed where I ALWAYS had my Secret Base (Route 119 right outside of Fortree City) and 2) I absolutely hated how most of the map transitions were just fades to black rather than scrolling into the map. I get that Pokemon maps usually works on Warp Points and Map Transitions, but this just personally bothered me. Like, really? A fade to black to go from Oldale to Route 103?

colter519

Youngster
Years
My biggest complaint was the lack of trainer customization, although it was very understandable.

As for the game being too easy because of the exp. share or too many legendaries...I've never actually had a problem with either of those things. It's not hard to turn the exp. share off and I never use legendaries because I just don't like them. I mean, I personally would prefer if the exp. share was something you receive after beating the game because it's greatest value to me is in quickly training a full team of pokemon, but it's not like the game is forcing you to use it...

Years
I personally hated the fact that Wally has a Gallade now. The excuse of "they needed him to have a Pokemon that can Mega-Evolve" is not good enough, as Gardevoir also has one. I loved how the original game had Wally evolve his Ralts to a Gardevoir, which shows effort from a trainer. In ORAS, he could've just gotten a Dawn Stone and immediately shove it into Kirlia's face the second it evolved.

I think the likely reason behind this was because they wanted to promote the new Mega Evolutions that were introduced, such as having Steven with Metagross, Maxie with Camerupt, Archie with Sharpedo, and rival Brendan/May with the Hoenn starter. But also maybe because Game Freak considered Gardevoir "too feminine" for a trainer like Wally and didn't want him to share the same ace as Diantha.

immacksg

follow @immacksg on twitter for some rad cartoon a
Years
Eh, I suppose that promoting the new Mega makes sense, but still, with the other characters who used Mega-Evolved Pokemon, they all already had those Pokemon as a part of their original teams. Wally was the only one who had it changed, and it was his lead Pokemon no less.

also saying Gardevoir is too feminine for him doesn't make much sense as he's even more of a Loli in the remakes

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
The funny thing about Gardevoir is that it seems to originally have been intended to be an androgynous humanoid Pokemon. You can look at it an interpret it as a woman in a dress, or, as its Japanese name "Sirknight" implies, a man in some sort of knight's garb.

They then proceeded to completely throw this out the window the very next generation by giving the Ralts line a specifically male only evolution in Gallade, and then threw it out the window even further two generations later by making Gardevoir's mega form look like what can only be described as a bridal gown.

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
Years
No battle frontier. It was the one thing I wanted the creators to bring back and it's sad there's nothing there except a replica of a building.

Years
No battle frontier. It was the one thing I wanted the creators to bring back and it's sad there's nothing there except a replica of a building.

It's even more sad when you realise that the reason it was not included was because the Battle Frontier did not gather enough interest from players due to being too difficult, at least according to Game Freak themselves.

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
Years
It's even more sad when you realise that the reason it was not included was because the Battle Frontier did not gather enough interest from players due to being too difficult, at least according to Game Freak themselves.

WHAT? It's the first time I heard of that. Which players did they ask??? I remember playing Emerald just so I can get to the Battle Factory and play with Rental Pokemon

xXLunaSolXx

I only disliked the lack of Battle Frontier and Trainer Customization >_>, the rest was fine.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 17, 2021
Besides the fact that the game somehow manages to be easier than the originals, the biggest issue for me was the lack of a Battle Frontier. The copy-paste of the already lacklustre Battle Maison to take it's place was completely inexcusable, and that whole island area reeked of rushing on the part of the game devs.

Even Sun/Moon's Battle Tree and Battle Royale arena are better.

Harmonie

Winds ღ
Years
The lack of trainer customization. I don't care that it's a remake, it doesn't even begin to excuse it.

Otherwise, although I liked what they did with Sea Mauville, I really liked Abandoned Ship and wish it could have returned.

MegaZard_

Worst trainer in the world
Years
Like everyone else, I would've liked to have trainer customization. It's so unrealistic for everyone to look exactly the same in Link Battles. >_>

Everything else was OK. I don't really mind the lack of a Battle Frontier (never played Emerald)

Pikachu7553

Pikachumbreon
Years
I didn't find any part bad, just the storyline ended. And however good the PSS was, it had its flaws. Not too major though! Love that game.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
I really liked ORAS, but why the hell are there so many legendaries? If anything, this game probably was what caused me to lose interest in legendaries for a short period of time. I know most of them are optional, so it's really just a bit of a pet peeve.

It also felt really long for some reason with that post story episode thing and all those sidequests. There is just so much to do lol. Other than that, ORAS was a great game in my eyes and I'm surprised my only beef with it were just 2 minor nitpicks. I think I might consider going back to play it again.

Back