• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

2nd Gen Metal & Color Generation Help Thread

Best secondary Pokemon Growlithe, Abra, or Machop?

• Growlithe

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Abra

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • Machop

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bex

She said pud then ding!!
Years
How do I do that then, because my Zapdos is genderless... is there a way I can fix that or does it not matter?

Bex

She said pud then ding!!
Years
That makes sense. I kind of forgot it was legendary xD
Thanks for answering that.

Hefestus

< is a BEAST!!!
Years
  • Seen Mar 29, 2010
You can also breed another legendary and that is arcanine. Arcanine is acually a ledgendary. It says so in the pokedex...

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
That's just the Pokemon. Like how Growlithe is the puppy Pokemon and Quilava is the flame Pokemon. Weird how all that works sometimes, though. It leads to discussion on how Arcanine is a legendary Pokemon. It's not legendary, but it is the legendary Pokemon. Weird, I know.

Years
  • Seen Aug 13, 2012
Ahh hello people, this is my first post on here so be nice =D. I just started a new file on Crystal version and was wondering at what point I can get a Growlithe. When and where? From what I have gathered it is catchable on route 36, but there is a sudowoodo in the way of the main route. Can I catch it in the little patch of grass before the Sudowoodo?

Years
  • Seen Nov 14, 2010
That's just the Pokemon. Like how Growlithe is the puppy Pokemon and Quilava is the flame Pokemon. Weird how all that works sometimes, though. It leads to discussion on how Arcanine is a legendary Pokemon. It's not legendary, but it is the legendary Pokemon. Weird, I know.
Actually, Arcanine was supposed to be a legendary Pokemon.
Maybe the leader of the three birds...

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
Years
Ahh hello people, this is my first post on here so be nice =D. I just started a new file on Crystal version and was wondering at what point I can get a Growlithe. When and where? From what I have gathered it is catchable on route 36, but there is a sudowoodo in the way of the main route. Can I catch it in the little patch of grass before the Sudowoodo?
Yes, you can catch Growlithe in the small patch of grass before the Sudowoodo, Pidgey, Bellsprout and Growlithe appear there and that's the place from where I got my Arcanine from :D

Years
  • Seen Aug 13, 2012
Yes, you can catch Growlithe in the small patch of grass before the Sudowoodo, Pidgey, Bellsprout and Growlithe appear there and that's the place from where I got my Arcanine from :D
Thanks Fire Wolf! I wanted to be sure before I walked around in a few squares of grass for hours :P

Years
  • Seen Jan 7, 2010
How to trade between Red and Silver Pokemon games

I tried trading at the Poke center but it doesnt work. Does any one no how?

Jemzx

Guardian Trainer
Years
  • Seen Nov 20, 2010
Aren't you supposed to meet with Bill's sister, the one that gives u an eevee first? Or was it to go to Kanto region first and then u could trade?? I don't remember... But anyways, when trading u can't have new pokemon neither new items, but you can trade missingno. I'll turn into a normal pokemon when reaches the silver,gold rom...

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
Years
Actually, I think you must meet the man himself, Bill!
Well, his grandson, that is. Go to Ecruteak City, and enter the pokecenter. There should be a guy there (Bill) that automatically triggers a script, and tells you that the Time Capsule should be up and working from the next day on. So pretty much go up there, and wait for midnight. If you are trading from Silver, remember that they cannot know any moves that didn't exist in that generation, and so on.. No HM's either.

Tears In The Rain

Thirsty, purposeless Vampire
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Sep 15, 2010
Pokemon Crystal: How many times do I have to reset the game before it will give me a female Chikorita starter?

It's random, It's worked for me the first time before, but other times it takes more tries.

I have a question about Crystal as well, does anyone know if there is a gameshark code to modify the gender of a pokemon in your team. I want to turn my Togepi female.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
Years
I am building a team in Crystal for my Stadium 2 game. It will compete in the Poke and Prime Cups. I'd like some feedback.

Exeggutor @ Quick Claw
Sleep Powder
Giga Drain
Psychic
Hidden Power (DARK)
Exeggutor @ Quick Claw
Sleep Powder
Solarbeam
Psychic
Moonlight

Raikou @ Scope Lens
Thunderbolt
Crunch
Hidden Power (FIRE)
Dig
Houndoom @ Scope Lens
Flamethrower
Crunch
Solarbeam
Sunny Day

Jynx @ Nevermeltice
Ice Beam
Psychic
Lovely Kiss
Thunderpunch

Snorlax @ Mint Berry
Belly Drum
Body Slam
Earthquake
Rest

Machamp @ Soft Sand
Vital Throw
Curse
Rock Slide
Earthquake

Kingdra @ Leftovers
Surf
Double-Edge
Sleep Talk
Rest

I gave two options for the first two because I am extremely unsure. Either one will work for me in both cases, but I just need help deciding.

For Prime Cup, they are both swapped out for:

Mew @ Item
Shadow Ball
Ancientpower
Swords Dance
Softboiled

Ho-Oh @ Item
Recover
Sacred Fire
Thunderbolt
Psychic

It's random, It's worked for me the first time before, but other times it takes more tries.

I have a question about Crystal as well, does anyone know if there is a gameshark code to modify the gender of a pokemon in your team. I want to turn my Togepi female.

Put the Pokemon in slot #1 and use this code:

011F3FDA
01FF40DA
911FF4DC
91FFF5DC

It will turn your Pokemon from shiny to normal (and to female if possible).

XCHAMPX

Nazi 4 life!
Years
  • Seen Mar 15, 2010
Question: What are the top 6 PKMN in terms of stats for a team in R/B/Y? No legendarys i already know they wreck shop haha

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I just checked the OU tier for RBY. Base state wise (in order), it's Zapdos, Exeggutor, Tauros, Lapras, Rhydon, and Starmie. Someone might have a better list than me, though. The ubers were, obviously, Mew and Mewtwo.

XCHAMPX

Nazi 4 life!
Years
  • Seen Mar 15, 2010
Thanks silversmearglesplatter that works. When i was younger i would just use who ever looked the coolest ha Now I need to look into the best moveset for them to maximize the stats.

XCHAMPX

Nazi 4 life!
Years
  • Seen Mar 15, 2010
Where is Oaks aid that gives you EXP All in yellow version?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
The Aide should be in the house thingie to the right of Fuchsia City, and I think you have to have 50 Pokemon in your Pokedex. It might be 40, I don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back