• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

LeafGreen hack: Pokemon Emerald Green - v1.0

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 27, 2023
POKEMON EMERALD GREEN - A ROMHACK BY SULFUROUS

Introduction

Hi, I'm Sulfurous, a New Member and Pokemon Lover. One of my favorite things to do in my free time is play GBA Pokemon Rom Hacks, and Nuzlocke them. I thought I'd take this to the next level by making a Rom Hack for both you and me to enjoy. I present to you: Pokemon Emerald Green, a hack of Pokemon LeafGreen and the first rom hack I've ever made.

Story

The game takes place in the KANTO Region, except a slight twist has changed the way everyone interacts and battles with each other. The successful crime syndicate Team Rocket has partnered with a new company called the Trade Bureau, an organization that makes profit through buying and selling Pokemon. Together, they send operatives to catch and steal wild Pokemon by the hundreds to the HOENN Region. Meanwhile, agents in HOENN return the favor by shipping exotic HOENN Pokemon back. Because of this mess, all the KANTO Region Pokemon have decided to migrate to HOENN, while all the HOENN Pokemon did the vice versa. This event was marked as the HOENN Migration, which, in the game, happened not long ago. You, the hero, are a new trainer starting in this HOENN infested region. Grabbing the last KANTO Pokemon, you must fight your way through the region, and help the cause to destroy the corrupt Trade Bureau from causing more regional trouble. Utilizing the wild HOENN Pokemon, you will battle trainers who still have Kanto Pokemon, and ultimately, be forced to face the unstoppable heads of both Team Rocket and the Trade Bureau. The game is a true region vs. region fight, and the outcome as to which one wins is up to you.

Screenshots

(if images are not loading directly here is a link to the album: http://imgur.com/a/yJhkK)

cnWISSn.png
5oQrwAq.png

mqbV9gH.png
ZfyDct7.png

XC9Hiez.png
NsTjdEc.png

Qe0ebaS.png
rYr9YQm.png

Features

Pokemon Emerald Green isn't the best rom hack out there, but it puts some quite challenging twists on the gameplay. It is recommended you Nuzlocke the game.

Now, here are the core aspects of the game:

- All KANTO Pokemon in the wild have been replaced with their HOENN counterparts. However, the trainers keep their KANTO Pokemon for the most part. This gives the region vs. region flare
-National Pokedex is given to you at the start of the game.
-Edited Storyline and Dialogue to help you immerse yourself into the game.
-Boss Battles, such as Rival, Gym Leaders, and Giovanni, have much stronger teams with unique movesets. Some have both KANTO and HOENN Pokemon!
-Safari Zone is better, it includes a wide variety of Pokemon.

Bugs

-Some dialogue boxes are slightly messed up. Doesn't affect gameplay.

Download

To play Pokemon Emerald Green Version, you must patch the .ips file of the game to a clean Pokemon Leaf Green 1.0 Version (it is very important that the version MUST be 1.0, or the game will be messed up).

IPS Files

Version 1.0 download: View attachment Pokemon Emerald Green Version.ips

Happy playing!

Last edited by a moderator:

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
Years
Just out of sheer curiousity, Does this game have the PSS? Also, I'd suggest you map the game with more attractive tiles like the ones for DPP or at least change the battle backgrounds like comsic emerald. I'll be giving this is a spin soon! Congrats on your first hack!

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 27, 2023
Just out of sheer curiousity, Does this game have the PSS? Also, I'd suggest you map the game with more attractive tiles like the ones for DPP or at least change the battle backgrounds like comsic emerald. I'll be giving this is a spin soon! Congrats on your first hack!

Thanks for the support! Most of the things you mentioned are quality of life related/cosmetic, so I never thought to add them haha. I like 4th gen graphics but because this game is set in Kanto thought I'd make it old school. In terms of PSS, this game was meant to be Nuzlocked, so typically PSS is not a feature used in games like these.

Aki

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Sep 27, 2022
I am pretty sure hacks like these should be posted in the "Sideshow Showcase" section. Seems like a cool idea though, I'll check it out.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 27, 2023
Version 1.1 is going to be released soon!

- changed a legendary encounter
- improved quality of life
- small map edit to Rocket Base

I know many people haven't seen this yet but hopefully this update makes it more unique.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 29, 2024
Only at the 2nd gym, but this is really cool so far! I love the region v region feel, I'm having fun with Aron wrecking early Kanto folks. The fact that your rival also uses exclusively Gen3 pokes makes the fights vs him much more unique and it feels like a pretty cool showdown.

I think purchasing Feebas instead of Magikarp from the shady guy in the PokeCenter outside Mt. Moon would have been a cool touch - same with the fossils being Hoenn fossils?
Edit: Updating the in-game trades would be good too. Not sure how I'd ever come up on owning an Abra to trade for a Mr. Mime. I'd be cool with trading a Shuppet for Sableye or Absol or something.

Any plans on making a RSE hack with only Kanto and/or Johto pokemon available? I'd have fun playing that where Wally winds up with an Alakazam or something.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 27, 2023
Only at the 2nd gym, but this is really cool so far! I love the region v region feel, I'm having fun with Aron wrecking early Kanto folks. The fact that your rival also uses exclusively Gen3 pokes makes the fights vs him much more unique and it feels like a pretty cool showdown.

I think purchasing Feebas instead of Magikarp from the shady guy in the PokeCenter outside Mt. Moon would have been a cool touch - same with the fossils being Hoenn fossils?
Edit: Updating the in-game trades would be good too. Not sure how I'd ever come up on owning an Abra to trade for a Mr. Mime. I'd be cool with trading a Shuppet for Sableye or Absol or something.

Any plans on making a RSE hack with only Kanto and/or Johto pokemon available? I'd have fun playing that where Wally winds up with an Alakazam or something.

Thanks for the feedback and sorry I'm responding so late lol. I switched computers to a Mac so it will be much harder to make those changes, but thanks for the feedback anyways and given the time I'll try to do that.

What gym are you on if you still play? Do you think the game is difficult at all, or is it still easy. It was meant to be Nuzlocked which if you aren't doing it's probably easier.

Years
Looks nice, but why LeafGreen? Barely anyone has LeafGreen roms as most people are accustomed to it being FireRed. It's not like there's any differences between the two that are unchangeable or anything, so it just comes across as...I dunno, weird? It's just gonna make the hack harder to install and nothing else.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
aw man a nuzlock hack? Dangit and I was actually interested playing this too...

Years
  • Age 18
  • Seen Mar 4, 2019
OMG JUST DO A NORMAL DOWNLOAD SO I CAN ACTUALLY PLAY

Years
OMG JUST DO A NORMAL DOWNLOAD SO I CAN ACTUALLY PLAY

Normal download?Like a patched rom?Roms are not allowed here and it'd be against the rules.All you need to do is download the ips,find a gba file or dump your own game then use LunarIPS...

Years
hi. I did get to play this game several days ago on my PC and I did find some issues with it, especially one area where the game freezes/hangs

-first off the professor aide that gives HM05 Flash is missing, so there's no way to obtain HM05 by any normal means
-second, Sabrina is unreachable inside her gym in saffron city (I guess there were some planned layout changes but not fully implemented) - I had to use a walk thru walls cheat code to reach her and get the 6th gym badge which allows using rock smash outside of battle
-although brock has a Solrock when battling him, that pokemon is currently unavailable in the wild; perhaps add a wild Solrock somwhere in a cave where Lunatone is also found
-entering the Dotted Hole cave on Six Island causes the game to freeze or hang on a black screen, which is pretty much a "softlock" or game crash

tested this game using latest VisualBoyAdvance-M and recent mGBA versions on my computer

so it seems the Pokemon Emerald Green game feels a little unfinished or incomplete; not sure if the OP will ever fix these problems in a future version

Years
i wanna find find something like this, but completed and possibly in fire red, i can't seem to find anything at the rom hacks studio, can anyone help me?

Back