• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Trade Corner Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

tabor62

[b][color=#CADB5A]W[/color][color=#C8DA4F]h[/color
Years
Hiya, I'm new on here! Is this just to trade on nintendo pokemon games?

Yes, if you'd like to trade, you can start by browsing some trade shops over in the Trade Shops subforum. If you can't find something you want, you could also try using the Quick Trade Thread. Be sure to read the rules too, so you don't break one on accident later :B In any case, welcome to PokeCommunity and happy trading.

tabor62

Years
Or just bug tabor! Be sure to drop by on IRC and have lots of fun discussing stuff.

Nuuuu, just kidding. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me or any moderators here. Also the link to the IRC can be found by clicking here.

Last edited:

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Haha, I like this April Fools joke! New challenge for me: breed or rng the pokemon you pop up as!

Edit: How the crap did I get Volcarona

How about you RNG it? Since we know you can do it but are too lazy to.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Me, RNG abuse? Haahhh I wonder what I'll get.

Oh, I just realized that if you edit the post, you also reveal who you are. :P

edit: I got shiny Staravia... I already have an RNG'd shiny Starly. ;_; I need to spam once more. :3

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Right now you're an exploud... and that is so not you at all. It's so ugly. :( I haven't RNGd in a while D:

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Aww you do know me best. I have Relicanth right now, and you're Sandslash. I'd much rather RNG a Sandshrew, but I already did that too! I haven't RNG abused since the Sweetheart challenge, I'm sure. XD

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2015
Hmm...no new posts in Shops since yesterday. Kinda funny how this joke gets in the way of trading. -.-

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 2, 2016
Miss you too Gonzo :( Good to see you're still here :)

Reactions: EB
Years
So, I'm totally new to this and Pokemon in general (well, sort of... I played red / blue when I was a kid, then when the next ones came out and the pokedex expanded I stopped. Now as an adult I'm playing white, and it's fun, but there's a LOT more to the meta in terms of getting the specific pokemon you want, it's fun, but it takes time to catch up to it all.

So, how do I set up a trade? I read the "how to trade" thread, so I get that, but I mean in these forums? If I want to set up a shop, I got how to do that, but I'm not NEARLY there yet (still a ways off from having anything worthy of a shop!), and right now I'm just looking for specific pokemon to get me through the game proper. This leaves me with a couple specific questions:
1) Where do I create a thread indicating what I'm looking for?, and
2) How do I figure out what a fair offer would be for it? Should I propose what I would give for it up front, or find out what people would want for it?

It seems like (especially since the people I'm playing with are playing different versions from what I have) it would be unlikely at this point I'd have anything that people are looking for, so do I find out what they want then go get it?

Sorry for the dumb questions you've probably answered a thousand times, it's an unfortunately necessary part of being new to the past, well, decade of technological and game development as it relates to pokemon. I really appreciate your time and consideration helping me out.

tabor62

Years
Hey there Sir Mister and welcome to PokeCommunity :D To trade really, all you have to do is to find someone who has something you want, and contact them about it to work something out, be it by PM, VM, or in their thread. However some people and areas have rules about how they want to be contacted, so be sure to read up on that to prevent any accidental problems in the future. Hmm, since you don't feel ready to set up a shop yet, I'd say don't worry about it for the time being. When you are ready, feel free to post here again, ask a mod, ask for help in the Trade Corner IRC Chat Channel, or even PM/VM me if you'd like. If you'd like to look at some guides and outlines to help you understand what you'll need for a good shop, consider checking out TC's Rules and TC's simple CSS Guide.

To answer your questions:
1) You cannot make a thread just based on a few things you are looking for. The Quick Trade Thread is found here and is used for small posts about what you have to offer or want that does not warrant it's own thread. So if you're looking for or offering just a few things, post it in there. Be sure to read the rules though! A lot of posts get deleted for not following them.
2) In general, people except things that seem to equivalent (i.e. random Pokemon for random Pokemon, Shiny for Shiny, or Event for Event). Of course you could always just make an offer to that particular person and see if they'll accept your offer. If they don't, just try again with other Pokemon. A lot of times this is solely based off your own judgement and the judgement of the other person. Sometimes people will list what they want but when they don't, I'd suggest asking for what they're looking for first. If it's something you don't have, don't feel discouraged! Just make an offer and see what they say.

And don't worry about the questions, they are all legitimate questions I wouldn't mind answering. It's like the sayings I've heard, "There's a time and place for everything" and "There are no such things as stupid questions, just stupid people" (not that you're stupid of course). In any case I hope you enjoy your time here on PokeCommunity and here in TC. We are the best section here of course. If you have any further questions, don't hesitate to ask them here or just shoot me a message if you want. > 3<

[Also the (technical) 1000th post in TC DCC \o/]

Last edited:

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
And this is the 1000th reply! Thanks for all the posts, folks ~o~ Let's get trading moving along. I know it's finals for many at university and high school is still in session until June or so.

What can we do to increase your activity?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back