• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon - Liquid Crystal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magnius

Pokemon Music Hacking Guru
Years
  • Seen Feb 17, 2014
Already found some bugs. From the beginning, to the point where you get your running shoes.

IMG_0010.png

Wooper's sound doesn't play when it poops out.

IMG_0013.png

The wrong OW sprite is displayed.

IMG_0014.png

I still think there should be a question mark in the first sentence xD

IMG_0015.png

The garbage can overlaps the character.

IMG_0016.png

He's referred to as a Hiker.

IMG_0017.png

He doesn't state his name. The police officer still calls him by his name (In my case, Silver)
--
And I missed one, I was scrolling too fast. His mom said "nugget" instead of "NUGGET".
One comment did you play the original "Crystal"? He's NEVER said his name in the first place. Go play the original before you tell him to correct something.

Pokemon_Crystal_US_01.png

Good day sir.

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
Years
Glad to hear you got it all figured out. Now, hopefully you can get rid of the Rival Battle freezing in Azalea Town :P

well i was testing earlyer today and i chose chikorita so i could test if this battle does freeze. it didnt for me. and i battled the guy twice to mke sure. no freezes there.

people this game is great,just 1 badge left in johto!

oh cool. so looks like theres not many bugs thought then? or your just not saying any?

link

laserblade14

LC Supporter
Years
Good to see you've got Beta 2 is not far away at all! Hope you've worked out all the bugs and can't wait to see that download up there xD

I SUPPORT: LIQUID CRYSTAL, SHINY GOLD, RUBY DESTINY SERIES & YELLOW STORM

Raqib12

Hedgehog
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 20, 2013
One comment did you play the original "Crystal"? He's NEVER said his name in the first place. Go play the original before you tell him to correct something.

Good day sir.

Err, yes. In the original, you didn't have to input his name until you got to the police officer. This time around, you put his name in at the very beginning. It only makes sense for him to say, "My name is x"

Years
  • Seen Nov 24, 2010

Good day sir.
you know this is just a remake right? It doesnt have to be exact.

Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2013
Im sooooooooooo anxious I can barely control myself. LaZ said he would release at 9pm UK. Its over 10 already, anybody know what happened ? I looked at previous pages and didnt find anything related

Raqib12

Hedgehog
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 20, 2013
Okay, I think I just found the issue I was having at the Burned Tower.

IMG_0002-1.png

That spot right there is the ONLY location that event would occur. After you step there, the game freezes. As I posted earlier, my game would freeze right before I encountered my rival.

alureon

Alureon the Pokemon Master
Years
  • Seen Aug 8, 2009
Trainer Information
Spoiler:

There is some interesting Orange Islands Info from Bulbapedia,
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Orange_Archipelago

Fan Made Orange Islands Map, Uploaded by Britannia's Blade
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/File:Full_orange_islands_map.JPG

It would be cool if all the Orange Islands and Sea Routes were in, you can start from Route 47 and Up.

You can also add Four Gym leaders, Professor Ivy's Pokemon Lab, and the Orange League.

It would also be cool to add the Sevii Islands, in addition to the Orange Islands. Since they were in FR which happened three years before GSC. The .ups format might allow for more room.

This would make the game even more legendary; Johto, Kanto, The Orange Islands, and The Sevii Islands all in one hack, this would be awesome.

Last edited:

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
Years
hello people. i apploagise for not releaseing the beta when i planed to (9 pm uk).

the teting is still taking place as some bugs were discovered and are taking MUCH longer than expected.

sorry to keep people waiting yet AGAIN but at least it will be near bug free this time.

link

Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2013
Thx for telling us LaZ, at least now we are sure of whats going on. Good Luck on the bug hunt

Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2010
Well the lady is going out tonight for her graduation party (students only :() and it would be fantastic if i get to play this tonight :)

Otherwise well done on you hack link, your hard work is much appreciated ^^

Years
  • Seen Apr 28, 2009
Don't worry Link, there's no rush. Frankly after reading your post about possibly quitting I wasn't expecting to be anywhere close to another release until a month or two, so I'm just happy it's set to be released this soon! Take your time, and don't feel like you have to rush a release out to us. Doing that didn't work out too well the first time ;)

monkeyboi

Pokemon hack/game player
Years
  • Seen Dec 19, 2013
yeah a couple days/ a week is waitable not like forever or 2 to 3 months

hope you squash almost all the bugs by next realse (be sure not to squish the bug pokemon)

Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2013
I may sound redudant, but I will still say it in any case.... the evolution bug I got with totodile aswell

Years
  • Seen Aug 5, 2022
:o so many bugs possible...amazes me how badly a rom can turn out with 1 number wrong in a script lol

jAvAcOlA

Banned
Years
  • Seen Feb 22, 2015
It would also be cool to add the Sevii Islands, in addition to the Orange Islands. Since they were in FR which happened three years before GSC. The .ups format might allow for more room.

This would make the game even more legendary; Johto, Kanto, The Orange Islands, and The Sevii Islands all in one hack, this would be awesome.

The Sevii Islands were kind of boring and pointless. And it might be redundant to have both sets of islands.

HackChu

I need a haircut...
Years
man the team static hideout was just...annoying lol,im at the pkmn league.l hope link changes the maps there and add that vs thing when you fight the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back