• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Atheist Alliance

Dragonzord

Metagame x Metamon
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 16, 2012
What are your opinions on subjects such as same-sex marriage, abortion, the death penalty, and so on? Why?

Every individual has the right to pursue a relationship with whomever they so desire without the state interfering. If all parties involved wish to be wed, they may do so in either a civil manner or a religious manner, if they so choose to.

A woman has the right have an abortion if she so chooses. It is her body and her choice to make. In addition, Doctors should not, unless requested, show items such as ultrasounds to the woman in question.

Killing an individual fails to undo that which that have inflicted. In addition, individuals whom are in such positions typically suffer more if held in isolation. I feel the more important question would be 'is isolating a prisoner a morally sound practice?'. Personally, I beleive in rehabilitation, although for matters of public safety do fully understand that some individuals can not be helped.

Why are your beliefs the way they are?

(If the question was in regards to the topic of atheism) God is an unfalsifiable hypothesis, it's really that simple. I typically don't beleive things without proof, or that fail to adhere to the scientific method.

(If the question related to the former on marriage, abortion, etc.) Every person of sound mind has the right to make these choices for themselves. They are the keeper of their temple, the lighthouse of their shore. For another to assert that they objectively "know better" is farcical, and is why we allow people to chose for themselves.

Do you believe in any form of life after death?

No. While it might seem like a nice idea, many afterlives present inherent flaws or issues which diminish their feasibility. For instance, if everyone were to be a reincarnated soul, we would not have seen a drastic population increase as we have. The belief of such, if not a cleverly crafted lie, is likely a defense mechanism which allows for people to let go of the fear of dying or the fear of death.

Do you believe in aliens?

I beleive them to be a much more likely scenario than a God figure, however, our understanding of life is limited to that which we have on this planet. I do beleive it is likely that aliens exist, but I also beleive it likely that we wouldn't even be able to identify them as such. While not a fan of the series, I can't help but think to the old Star Trek episode about the 'living rock' and that the possibility of seemingly inanimate objects being sentient.

Does your family and friends know about your faith? If no, why not?

Discussion of religion isn't really a common topic among my mother and I, nor my girlfriend and I. However, I used to talk about the topic adamantly when I was younger, often challenging people of faith to debate me. For better or worse, I rarely find the time to discuss theology these days.

Do you think separation of church and state is different from freedom of religion?

Separation of church and state is essential, preventing laws and bills motivated by scripture from passing and effecting millions. The grip of religion and its intolerance can still be felt, however, unless individuals are also given the freedom of, and the freedom from, religion.

If God does exist, what do you think it would be like?

Based upon religious texts; benevolent, spiteful, and a petty excuse for a deity.

Personally, I wouldn't mind a God figure like the one shown in The Simpsons. He seems kinda cool.

What are your family's general religious beliefs?

Grandmother (mother's side) is Anglican, but largely for the social interaction. Mother was raised simmilarily but stopped attending as a teenager. She seemingly believes in the Jeudeo-Christian God, in Jesus, and in select other parts of the mythos as many "Christians" today do, but refers to herself as non-religious, both in-person and when asked for paperwork (such as StatsCan).

Grandfather (father's side) was not a religious man. Haven't a clue what my father believes but I'm fairly certain he was not a man of religious conviction, as he never showed himself to be such.

NeoPsychedelia

Admiral of the Pokéfleet
Years
I'd like to join. I'm an atheist, and I've been actively looking for a place to mingle with like-minded people.

What are your opinions on subjects such as same-sex marriage, abortion, the death penalty, and so on? Why?

I believe that everyone, regardless of their sexual orientation, has a right to a relationship and marriage. Ridiculing and taunting people merely because of their gender preferences is probably one of the stupidest and most hurtful things one can do. While taunting and bullying are never necessary, this especially applies to people who are homosexual and bisexual. These people are not a minority, and simply being homosexual or bisexual should never segregate or discriminate them from society. It's tantamount to racism: discrimination based on race, religion, and sexual preference is both unnecessary and stupid, not to mention hurtful.

In all honesty, I don't support abortion unless the mother's life depends on it or other dire circumstances surround it. If a mother chooses to abort her baby because of unprotected intercourse, then I would want the mother to raise the child regardless, mainly because life is a beautiful thing. The child, although difficult to raise, would grow into a unique individual. Every person is unique in some way. If a woman were to abort her baby merely because of a mistake after a night out, then that woman would effectively be missing out on witnessing a child grow into an adult. Financial problems and housing problems for the child would be a challenge, but I personally think just having offspring outweighs these factors. If the child's life is unhappy, then the child should at least be blessed because he or she was given a chance to live.

As stated above for the death penalty, killing an individual for their crimes does not undo the situation. Prison and rehabilitation are better and more practical solutions. Ever wonder why the news doesn't cover anything regarding prison or rehabilitation breakouts? That's because they rarely happen. Life in prison is still a chance at life itself. Ending a life prematurely is simply cruelty to the person who committed the crime. If the person is unhappy in prison and in solitude and cannot bear to live anymore, then it's their crucial choice if they want to continue living or not. In short: no one can decide someone else's fate.

On the topic of atheism: I'm a very logical person. I need visual, realistic evidence in order to fully believe something. A universal ancient book and services once or a few times per week are not sufficient evidence. Plus, the events that are covered in the Bible especially are illogical to me.

On the topic of the controversies mentioned above: My above thoughts are basically my own beliefs, spurred from being a victim of patronizing and penalizing myself for illogical reasons. Only oneself can make decisions pertaining to their life.

This is probably a question I will never know the answer to. Life after death cannot be proven, just like the existence of a deity. However, there is more evidence contradicting and disproving the existence of deities than there is on disproving life after death. No one's sense of "self" can be accurately measured. Even if brain activity ceases upon death, that sense of "self" being transferred into the next human being born can never be proven. The sense of being in control of your own body is a phenomenon in itself, and if the latter belief is true, then the baby being born would obviously have no recollection or evidence of the last person it "was". I'd say the whole notion simply cannot be proven.

Just like the way he was portrayed in Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

My mother was raised Catholic and my father Baptist; thankfully, neither of them ever forced their beliefs upon me by strictly shoving them down my throat. When I was younger, I attended Catholic church with my mother because she at least wanted me to experience what it was like to believe in one god. I was confirmed and baptized, and I regret accepting both. Around the time I was fourteen, I was becoming skeptical of this whole charade. The existence of all of this seemed illogical. In fact, by the next year, I had completely ceased all religious functions and even protested against saying grace at holiday meals. And here I am today, still adhering to my atheistic beliefs.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Whoa, tons of activity overnight. This will teach me not to sleep XD - welcome to alehizzle, Dragonzord and NeoPsychedelia!

Ugh I felt so bad for this poor girl that was in my sister's high school in 06. Even though she wasn't a Satanist (she was atheist iirc, maybe Wiccan though), everyone assumed that she was and therefore spread a rumor that she was going to bring a gun to school on 6/6/06 for obvious reasons. That day was absolutely terrible for her.

Holy crap, that is an inventive rumour. Do you know what actually happened to her that day? Did people actually check her for a gun or bully her or did they just avoid her like the plague?

(Neo and Dragon I'mma read your huge posts later, I'm on my way out of the house so I only had time for a quick reply right now XD)

Years
I am a Christian and the main thing I believe is that God put us here. However, I do believe in the evolution theory and that we may have been put here as a single cell that later evolved into other things which led up to monkeys and then us. For this reason, I think I am considered an open-minded Christian because I don't believe in all of the Bible, but I do believe that there is life after death. I have seen shows about how diverse nature is and I can't even consider that it was an accident from the Big Bang Theory. I also think that something like a Rapture will happen- humans as a race are extremely selfish, so I think every other life form will go extinct (lke in Wall-E) and we will die also.

droomph

weeb
Years
I am a Christian and the main thing I believe is that God put us here. However, I do believe in the evolution theory and that we may have been put here as a single cell that later evolved into other things which led up to monkeys and then us. For this reason, I think I am considered an open-minded Christian because I don't believe in all of the Bible, but I do believe that there is life after death. I have seen shows about how diverse nature is and I can't even consider that it was an accident from the Big Bang Theory. I also think that something like a Rapture will happen- humans as a race are extremely selfish, so I think every other life form will go extinct (lke in Wall-E) and we will die also.
Hm. Well hai thar we would love to have you here.

As long as you can accept other people we can also accept you. But if you can't, we'll have to deal with you won't we? It's all okay, just be who you are ^^

Also, I wanted to mention something our pastor told us this morning:
Roman 14 NIV:
1 Accept the one whose faith is weak, without quarreling over disputable matters. 2 One person's faith allows them to eat anything, but another, whose faith is weak, eats only vegetables. 3 The one who eats everything must not treat with contempt the one who does not, and the one who does not eat everything must not judge the one who does, for God has accepted them. 4 Who are you to judge someone else's servant? To their own master, servants stand or fall. And they will stand, for the Lord is able to make them stand.
5 One person considers one day more sacred than another; another considers every day alike. Each of them should be fully convinced in their own mind. 6 Whoever regards one day as special does so to the Lord. Whoever eats meat does so to the Lord, for they give thanks to God; and whoever abstains does so to the Lord and gives thanks to God. 7 For none of us lives for ourselves alone, and none of us dies for ourselves alone. 8 If we live, we live for the Lord; and if we die, we die for the Lord. So, whether we live or die, we belong to the Lord. 9 For this very reason, Christ died and returned to life so that he might be the Lord of both the dead and the living.

10 You, then, why do you judge your brother or sister? Or why do you treat them with contempt? For we will all stand before God's judgment seat. 11 It is written:

"'As surely as I live,' says the Lord,
'every knee will bow before me;
every tongue will acknowledge God.'"

12 So then, each of us will give an account of ourselves to God.

13 Therefore let us stop passing judgment on one another. Instead, make up your mind not to put any stumbling block or obstacle in the way of a brother or sister. 14 I am convinced, being fully persuaded in the Lord Jesus, that nothing is unclean in itself. But if anyone regards something as unclean, then for that person it is unclean. 15 If your brother or sister is distressed because of what you eat, you are no longer acting in love. Do not by your eating destroy someone for whom Christ died. 16 Therefore do not let what you know is good be spoken of as evil. 17 For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking, but of righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit, 18 because anyone who serves Christ in this way is pleasing to God and receives human approval.

19 Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification. 20 Do not destroy the work of God for the sake of food. All food is clean, but it is wrong for a person to eat anything that causes someone else to stumble. 21 It is better not to eat meat or drink wine or to do anything else that will cause your brother or sister to fall.

22 So whatever you believe about these things keep between yourself and God. Blessed is the one who does not condemn himself by what he approves. 23 But whoever has doubts is condemned if they eat, because their eating is not from faith; and everything that does not come from faith is sin.
Even if you aren't Christian you should read this, because this helps you in everyday relationships with people. :recommended reading:

Well, I'm off again to save the world! If you have any questions about the passage feel free to ask me, but I'm not sure if 1. I'm qualified to discuss this and 2. If anyone will even read this. So happy reading!

Shining Raichu

Years
Well that was a lovely message until line 23 came and contradicted the entire thing. Line 23 basically changed that whole passage from "nobody judge anybody" to "nobody judge anybody, because in the end the non-believers are going to Hell" lol.

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
So I guess its about time for me to join, technically according to the Australian Census, I am a Jedi.

But I'd probably class myself as more of a agnostic atheist.

Now that formalities are done to the topic at hand.
I actually have no idea what the topic at hand is so I'll join in later when i can figure it out.

But yes andy, it does seem to contradict itself quite a bit, and I'm pretty sure there's contradictions scattered all throughout the bible. (If thats what we are talking about, if not ignore this part.)

droomph

weeb
Years
Well that was a lovely message until line 23 came and contradicted the entire thing. Line 23 basically changed that whole passage from "nobody judge anybody" to "nobody judge anybody, because in the end the non-believers are going to Hell" lol.
23 But whoever has doubts is condemned if they eat, because their eating is not from faith; and everything that does not come from faith is sin.
You mean this? Oh, I don't know actually...I think what they're trying to get at is "They're gonna go to hell but that's not your business to worry about."

But yeah I have no idea to be honest.

Shining Raichu

Years
Well if that passage is meant to say "they're going to Hell but that's not your business to worry about" then it's incredibly interesting why so many Christians believe that it's their duty as Christians to convert other people and save them from that fate.

Also welcome Tom! :D

droomph

weeb
Years
Well if that passage is meant to say "they're going to Hell but that's not your business to worry about" then it's incredibly interesting why so many Christians believe that it's their duty as Christians to convert other people and save them from that fate.
Because the thing is, that means don't force them. The true way to spread the word is nonchalantly allow them the possibility of accepting the word of Christ and if they do, that's great! You get a cookie.

But if they don't, then well, they didn't want to, and supposedly now is not the time that they will realize the full extent of God's power, however large it really is. You still get a cookie though because you tried.

As a comedian once said, "Jesus never stood on the Mount and said, 'Go forth and hassle!'" It's supposed to be a joke, but sooooooo true.

Jarred0809

The Eternal Lurker
Years

Same-sex marriage: What are they doing that is so bad? Are they ruining your straight marriage? No. Are they corrupting the morality of America's youth? Not unless you consider having options "corruption". Do they all have some homosexual agenda? Only equal rights.
Abortion: Personally, I wouldn't have a woman abort my child. That doesn't mean nobody can do it. However, it's gotta be a last resort. If you don't want a baby in the first place, use a condom or the pill.
Death Penalty: I can't say yes or no for all criminals. Some people deserve to die, others don't.

As a kid, I saw Greek myths or Native American legends and said "That's just their way of explaining why things are like this." Then I realized the same was true about modern religion. A few months and a little research later, a new atheist was born.

I hope that there's some kind of "dream world" we enter when we die. I don't really believe that, I just think it would be nice if that's what happens instead of nonexistence, which is kinda eerie if you think about it.

I think he's be a /b/tard, because his sense of humor must be pretty messed up.

My immediate family was always kinda relaxed about religion. I think my mom is Baptist, and my dad went to the same Catholic school I attended for a few years. The only person in my family whose beliefs I have a real problem with is my mom's cousin Steve. He's hardcore about Christianity and apparently uses it to justify his racism, sexism, and other biases.

Last edited:

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
I'll join this conversation, although when it comes to religion, I always ask myself many questions and I never receive answers. Why me lol

Same-sex marriage: They say in the bible that this isn't allowed, someone pointed it out to me long ago, I couldn't tell you where it says exactly since I haven't looked in my bible in a long time. Personally? I think it's no harm done, if it's your choice, you can marry the same gender. I don't see the problem being any different than two different ethnicity/races marrying one another.

Abortion: I oppose to this objective. Having a child should be a life-changing moment, and not only that, it should be a joyful moment. If you're pregnant, you're pregnant. After all, having a baby is like gaining a new best friend, as you spend everyday with that child for the next 18-20 years of your life. Who wouldn't want that? I don't see why the parents of a daughter or son who just found out they are having a baby, would get ballistic and kick them out for it and so forth like the way the society is. Which tend to lead to abortion because of the fear to tell their parents about it.

Death Penalty: Death is such a tragic thing. No one deserves to die, and when the time comes, they will pass away when God wants them to, peacefully. But however, criminals do tend to get very nasty and ugly with their crimes. Those who enjoy the crap out of hurting others and murdering, need to spend the rest of their life in prison, for good. However, death penalty could lead a life away from this prison-life. Why make them escape this? As long as the criminal is behind bars in prison for life or set on Death Penalty, I have no problem with this. But for those who are innocent, this shouldn't even be on their path of living, at all.

Hate to say this but, I don't really have any beliefs. I mean, I've been to church, 2-3 of them, in my life. I am a Christian I suppose but, not a hardcore one or anything. I've struggled to even think about all this..my parents watch Joel Osteen every Sunday. I don't. It's not that I don't believe in God, I just question to much about everything relating to him. Especially how in the past I've always prayed and prayed and I get nothing, and watching others in my church go crazy and such, sometime I think it's an act of those people in church who are just dead-on insane and faking it. I don't have any restrictions or focus on any beliefs, I'd just like to say I'm a normal human being living my life everyday, one day at a time, I guess.

Seen some news about how a child was in a hospital and died for a second and came back to life saying he saw God and Jesus and says the picture of God we all creature, doesn't even come close to what he look like. Kid was like, 12 I think? Anyway, not that any of us will truly know what's ahead of this lifetime, but I do happen to love the Anime Angel Beats! and personally, I would like to go to that afterlife myself. Then again, another world to be born in with no memory of your past life? That's another one I tend to believe myself. Like for the universe, I believe with many galaxies out there, there are another planet like Earth, that lives their lives like we do. I would like to believe our souls travel from Galaxy to Galaxy and be reborn over and over again. Heck, does anyone even remember before they were awake/born, did you all feel like you were sleeping forever or something? Just a weird life we're living xD

To be honest, I couldn't even answer this even if I knew. I just think he's a normal guy figure, but massively huge and has supernatural powers. That's all I can come up with...

I mentioned this to one of the earlier questions, we are just normal human beings living our lives. I mean, we cuss, we eat I LOVE Fish, so we're no vegetarian, we drink(parents used to, I drank only once but not really addictive, doesn't taste that great LOL), parents used to smoke but I don't, wear whatever clothes we want, etc. We aren't really strict on things like some religious families out there.

Shining Raichu

Years
Welcome to the club Sector :)

Sector Revenge said:
Abortion: I oppose to this objective. Having a child should be a life-changing moment, and not only that, it should be a joyful moment. If you're pregnant, you're pregnant. After all, having a baby is like gaining a new best friend, as you spend everyday with that child for the next 18-20 years of your life. Who wouldn't want that? I don't see why the parents of a daughter or son who just found out they are having a baby, would get ballistic and kick them out for it and so forth like the way the society is. Which tend to lead to abortion because of the fear to tell their parents about it.

I should preface this by saying that I am in favour of abortion, so therefore I disagree with your views on the matter. But I have to say that even if I were against abortion like you, I would take issue with your reasoning. When it comes down to it, what you've said is "having a child is a good thing so everybody must feel happy about it regardless of if they ever wanted children or not, because after all, what kind of crazy person wouldn't want a baby?"

But the reality is far different. Some people don't want kids, some people are not thrilled at the idea that they're pregnant and want a way out of it that does not result in 18-20 years of life with their 'new best friend'. It really isn't as simple as your post would have us believe. If you're against abortion that's absolutely fine, I'm not trying to attack you for that - I just think there has to be better reasoning behind it than that.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015

...Excuse me?

This post shows a very immature view on children and an almost disturbing amount of ignorance. Please, if you're going to say you have an opinion on something as important as abortion, make it a well-informed, educated opinion. It's fine to say you're unsure on the topic, but to say that women shouldn't get abortions because they should want to spent 18 years with a child is just...ignorant on the basest level. That's like saying "I think everyone should be required to eat chocolate, because why wouldn't you want to eat chocolate?!", completely ignoring the fact that some people don't like chocolate or are allergic to it.

Please, please tell me you're joking on this.

droomph

weeb
Years
I oppose to this objective. Having a child should be a life-changing moment, and not only that, it should be a joyful moment. If you're pregnant, you're pregnant. After all, having a baby is like gaining a new best friend, as you spend everyday with that child for the next 18-20 years of your life. Who wouldn't want that? I don't see why the parents of a daughter or son who just found out they are having a baby, would get ballistic and kick them out for it and so forth like the way the society is. Which tend to lead to abortion because of the fear to tell their parents about it.
Some people, like me, aren't ready emotionally to have someone groping at them for the next 20 years. As you can tell with me, if I was to have a child right now, without any help from my parents, I would rather it not have ever lived than living through 20 years of mistreatment, because I can't handle a new being around me emotionally and financially like a full grown adult with a job can, and nothing that you said is valid, or is valid but is canceled out by other factors.

And what about the parents who find out that they have a child without lungs, or have no arms? What about the ones with fatal genetic disorders? They should be allowed to have an abortion. I don't know if you've ever lost something, but I can assure you even the littlest things, like a pet dog dying, can seriously damage your psyche (is that the right word?), especially if you have to experience the death in person...and even if it isn't fatal, you have to watch every day as your mangled child has to deal with the things he can't do. It is very distressing and heart-wrenching to have to go through that every day.

However the ones who are 35 and have a six-figure job and still want an abortion? No. They should be forced to enjoy the luxury (or punishment) of a child, because you have liven long enough with full freedom to do whatever you wish, and in this case everything you said is true and fully valid.

So I understand how you wouldn't want abortion to be legal, but your arguments are a little bit too general...just sayin' :I Your points are valid, but you must consider the other people who have a reason to want abortion.

Last edited:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
A child should never be used as a punishment for a mistake. That's a terrible way to think of a living human.

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
I have to agree with Andy and say I'm pro abortion. The female should have the right to decide whether or not she wants to have a child. And Sector, saying that they should want to spend the next 18-20 years of their life is ignorant as Toujours said. I don't want to see the thread turn into an argument about abortion but I believe there should be a choice and if you get pregnant you shouldn't be forced to go through with it if you don't think you're ready or that you couldn't handle it. That is not fair on any of the involved parties to do that.

And droomph, saying someone whose making a lot of money and is older should be forced to have a child is just ridiculous. It should still be a life choice as they are going to be the person(s) raising the child and if they didn't want a child in the first place it could be a very lonely and sad experience for the child to grow up with.

droomph

weeb
Years
I have to agree with Andy and say I'm pro abortion. The female should have the right to decide whether or not she wants to have a child. And Sector, saying that they should want to spend the next 18-20 years of their life is ignorant as Toujours said. I don't want to see the thread turn into an argument about abortion but I believe there should be a choice and if you get pregnant you shouldn't be forced to go through with it if you don't think you're ready or that you couldn't handle it. That is not fair on any of the involved parties to do that.

And droomph, saying someone whose making a lot of money and is older should be forced to have a child is just ridiculous. It should still be a life choice as they are going to be the person(s) raising the child and if they didn't want a child in the first place it could be a very lonely and sad experience for the child to grow up with.
OKAY SO I DIDN'T SAY IT CLEARLY ENOUGH

I mean, just...AAAHHH no words can describe those kinds of people. Oh well, I guess you're right but you DO know what I mean. No you don't. AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Yeah, so maybe I'm wrong, but I'm just saying, if you were to go anti-abortion, that's the farthest I would go. I honestly couldn't care. Vasectomy for me

I am a prime example of why men in politics shouldn't decide on these things.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
That's like saying "I think everyone should be required to eat chocolate, because why wouldn't you want to eat chocolate?!", completely ignoring the fact that some people don't like chocolate or are allergic to it.

Please, please tell me you're joking on this.

A child should never be used as a punishment for a mistake. That's a terrible way to think of a living human.

Sector, saying that they should want to spend the next 18-20 years of their life is ignorant as Toujours said. I don't want to see the thread turn into an argument about abortion but I believe there should be a choice and if you get pregnant you shouldn't be forced to go through with it if you don't think you're ready or that you couldn't handle it. That is not fair on any of the involved parties to do that.
Oh wow. I just realized what I typed up, I had no idea what I was even thinking at the time. Sorry xD But good responses by Toujours & CarefulWetPaint, both are absolutely correct.

Honestly? I seriously could careless about Abortion, I have no say in this as I've never experienced it. Yeah sure, I'd probably think differently if I knew or experienced it with someone I know personally, but haven't. And usually if I had no idea how to answer or don't want to answer, I would had just skipped it and waited for the next question. I've been asked this before and just can't bring myself to opinionated about it either. I will say that I hope all make the right decision upon coming to this major life decision. It's definitely not one to fool around with.

My apologies for the confusion..I'll be more careful next time I answer something this complex! I seriously had no idea what I was thinking earlier when I typed that up..Hope it didn't offend anyone, the least I wanted to do was that...

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
Oh wow. I just realized what I typed up, I had no idea what I was even thinking at the time. Sorry xD But good responses by Toujours & CarefulWetPaint, both are absolutely correct.

Honestly? I seriously could careless about Abortion, I have no say in this as I've never experienced it. Yeah sure, I'd probably think differently if I knew or experienced it with someone I know personally, but haven't. And usually if I had no idea how to answer or don't want to answer, I would had just skipped it and waited for the next question. I've been asked this before and just can't bring myself to opinionated about it either. I will say that I hope all make the right decision upon coming to this major life decision. It's definitely not one to fool around with.

My apologies for the confusion..I'll be more careful next time I answer something this complex! I seriously had no idea what I was thinking earlier when I typed that up..Hope it didn't offend anyone, the least I wanted to do was that...

It's fine man, just remember you have to tread very very carefully with touchy subjects such as this to ensure that no flame wars follow. So next time just be a little bit more careful and re-read what you type when talking about subjects like abortion.

Besides that once again welcome to the club and I hope you get involved with future discussion's and topics :)

Back