• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Vendors for Buying Singles?

Firebolt

Reach for my hand~
Years
I've been wanting to buy Pokemon cards for a while now, to make like a 'page' in a binder of each of my favourite Pokemon. I've tried searching online, but I've found a huge variety of companies that sell singles and honestly don't know which one to go for. Basically, my criteria are:
  • MUST offer cards in 'like mint' condition. I'm very picky about this; the first thing I used to do when buying other TCG cards is immediately double sleeve cards I wanted to keep.
  • Ships worldwide/to Australia at least. How else am I going to get the cards? 😴
  • Preferably be in English. I like to collect mostly for art, but I can't count the amount of times I've looked through my FE Cipher collection and thought to myself "If only I could read the text on these damn cards".

If anyone has any recommendations or previous experiences to share, please do! I've never bought Pokemon singles in my life, so any input is appreciated.

Years
So, the one that *immediately* comes to mind is Troll and Toad. Though this one probably isn't as viable for you since they're USA based. They're the premier TCG retailer in the USA.

TCG Player as a site might be a viable alternative, as they act as a listing aggregator of sorts for several hobby shops.

Firebolt

Reach for my hand~
Years
I've read a lot of negative things about Troll and Toad, especially in regards to their grading system and international shipping (5 weeks for an order to arrive in Australia?).

TCG Player has all sorts of prices with its international shipping, but I like the variety of options it offers. It's definitely at the top of my list for vendors I'm most likely going to end up buying from.

Back