ROM Hacking Need a helping hand? You can get help on any ROM Hacking-related problems or questions you have here.

TrollandToad.com

Old 1 Week Ago (11:07 AM). Edited 4 Days Ago by Petuuuhhh.
Team Haxorus Leader
  • Silver Tier

Nature: Serious
Hi,

I'm making a hack of Pokemon Gold called Pokemon Mahogany, and I want Dewgong to evolve into Lapras at level 36. I have a tool called The One GS Evo/Move Editor that allows me to let Seel evolve into Dewgong at level 28, but when I set Dewgong to evolve into Lapras at level 36, when I play the game, at level 36, Dewgong evolves into Lapras, and the game asks if I want to learn Ice Beam; however, in the beginning of the next battle, Lapras's exp. bar is maxed out, and when it knocks out the opposing Pokemon, it continuously gains levels until it is level 255, then resets to 0, gains levels until level 33, asks if I want to learn all the moves it learns after level 36, and then asks if I want to learn all the moves Lapras could learn from level 1 to level either 29, 33, or 35, depending on the algorithm. Is there any way to fix this?

Thank you,

Name: Valkna
Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

Relevant Advertising!

Old 1 Week Ago (9:38 PM).
blu rass

Nature: Timid
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Petuuuhhh View Post
    Hi,

I'm making a hack of Pokemon Gold called Pokemon Mahogany, and I want Dewgong to evolve into Lapras at level 36. I have a tool called The One GS Evo/Move Editor that allows me to let Seel evolve into Dewgong at level 28, but when I set Dewgong to evolve into Lapras at level 36, when I play the game, at level 36, Dewgong evolves into Lapras, and the game asks if I want to learn Ice Beam; however, in the beginning of the next battle, Lapras's exp. bar is maxed out, and when it knocks out the opposing Pokemon, it continuously gains levels until it is level 255, then resets to 0, gains levels until level 33, asks if I want to learn all the moves it learns after level 36, and then asks if I want to learn all the moves Lapras could learn from level 1 to level either 29, 33, or 35, depending on the algorithm. Is there any way to fix this?

Petuuuhhh
    is changing lapras' exp. rate from slow to medium fast not working?
    Old 1 Week Ago (5:24 AM).
    Team Haxorus Leader
    • Silver Tier

Nature: Serious
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BluRose View Post
    is changing lapras' exp. rate from slow to medium fast not working?
    I am not familiar with hex editing, so if that's what you're referring to, I have not tried that yet.

Name: Valkna
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

Quick Reply