• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Battling Tournament

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
Bah, I've been pretty busy doing other things so I've completely forgotten about posting themed challenges. Once I get a hold of chase ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°), we'll start posting them here for you to complete. :D

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
Here are all of your themed challenges! Make sure not to disappoint the gods, or else! >:D

Zeus' Challenge
As the god of sky and thunder, Zeus has challenged you to win a battle using the mighty Electric-type Pokemon, Thundurus! Should you be able to finish his challenge, you will be awarded with 15 points!
Hera's Challenge
As the queen of the gods and the goddess of women, Hera has challenged you to win a battle using a female Gardevoir. She allows the use of your mega bracelet, should you be willing to do so. Should you be able to finish her challenge, you will be awarded with 15 points!
Poseidon's Challenge
As the god of the sea, Poseidon has challenged you to win a battle by harnessing the powers of the rain! Should you be able to finish his challenge, you will be awarded with 15 points!
Hades' Challenge
As the god of the underworld, Hades has challenged you to win a battle by using only Ghost- and Dark-type Pokemon! Should you be able to finish his challenge, you will be awarded with 15 points!
Hestia's Challenge
As the goddess of the hearth, Hestia has challenged you to win a battle by using Pokemon only found in your home region! Should you be able to finish her challenge, you will be awarded with 15 points!
Athena's Challenge
As the goddess of wisdom, Hestia has challenged you to win a battle by using an Alakazam! She allows the use of your mega bracelet, should you be willing to do so. Should you be able to finish her challenge, you will be awarded with 15 points!
Artemis' Challenge
As the goddess of the moon, Artemis has challenged you to win a battle by using a Lunatone or a Cresselia! Should you be able to finish her challenge, you will be awarded with 15 points!
Apollo's Challenge
As the god of light, Apollo has challenged you to win a battle by harnessing the power of the sun! Should you be able to finish his challenge, you will be awarded with 15 points!
Aphrodite's Challenge
As the goddess of love, Aphrodite has challenged you to win a battle using the move Attract, or by using a Luvdisc. Should you be able to finish her challenge, you will be awarded with 20 points!
Hephaestus' Challenge
As the god of craftsmen, Hephaestus has challenged you to win a battle by using Klink, Klang, or Klinklang! Should you be able to finish his challenge, you will be awarded with 15 points!
Ares' Challenge
As the god of war, Ares has challenged you to win a battle by using Pokemon at war with each other, Seviper and Zangoose! Should you be able to finish his challenge, you will be awarded with 15 points!
Hermes' Challenge
As the messenger of the gods, Hermes has challenged you to win a battle by using the move Baton Pass! Should you be able to finish his challenge, you will be awarded with 15 points!

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
Years
Awesome, I wanna join.
Forum Username: angelomanalo
Battle Server username(s): KeyboardIceWeasel

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
If we've already completed these challenges in past battles, do we have to complete them again?

edit: also, do the points stack with the win, or do they override it?

Last edited:

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
If we've already completed these challenges in past battles, do we have to complete them again?

edit: also, do the points stack with the win, or do they override it?

Yeah, you have to complete them again.

And they override the points. So if you win a challenge, you get only the corresponding points mentioned.

Years
Eh. Battle server is dead.
Forum Username: littlebrother
Battle Server username(s): battlebro

Spoiler:

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
Thanks for playing y'all! The GT is about done now, and I'm glad to have been able to bring this event to you. Make sure to visit the battle server, you hear? :p

I'm gonna do the final count of the points and I will post the results soon. Hope you had fun!

Bidoof FTW

[cd=font-family:carter one; font-size:13pt; color:
Years
This event was a lot of fun and got me back into battling! PCL just isn't doing it as much for me anymore and this was a nice refresher. Thanks a lot Zeffy :)

srinator

Please you can't stop me, this is the third time I think I am in the top 3
Getgudchase

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
Years
Just wanted to say thanks to the users who hosted the PokeCommunity Get-Together 12 Battle Tournament event (as well as thanks to the partaking Pokémon Trainers); it was lots of fun (kind of wish the server had been more populated with participants at times, but any-hoo..!) Great job compiling the points; I doubt I would have managed as easily, since the battle record of my own post got a bit tedious to look at.. @_@

Yeah, you have to complete them again.

And they override the points. So if you win a challenge, you get only the corresponding points mentioned.

Although it would be cool to drool at getting bonus points on top of points, the overriding seems fair. {XD}

I'm a bit disappointed that the thematic Challenges don't get applied retroactively; there were only like 2 days to do them... :~ I like the names, though. I kind of wish that the Sandstorm and Hail weather conditions got their own challenges (since winning with Ice-types/Hail seems to be a feat in itself these days), although I think that would ruin the "12 members of Olympus pantheon" concept...?

Here are your scores, everyone! Once again, thanks for participating <3 Big thanks to my co-host Chase for helping with everything. Here are the top 3:

1st: static with 335 points
2nd: Nakuzami with 244 points
3rd: gimmepie with 196 points

Congratulations! Y'all will be receiving an emblem and battle server Battle Points soon. See you around!

"GRAH, KEELHAUL IT ALL!!" -_-{XD} 30 more points/3 more non-randomized battles and I could have gotten 3rd Place?! And I'm the only other player who breached 100 points, it seems..so much time-sink! >.< @Fenyx4, you have got to do better next time. Still, 4TH PLACE, HOO BABY YEAH! ^^ The matches were fun, too :) (...when I wasn't getting haxed, that is - particularly by paralysis! >:() Tremendous job to all of my Pokémon team members - to all of you, you rock and you rule!

To all of the foe Pokémon that we faced, you all put up a good fight! Except you 2, Sableye and Klefki...pranking my Pokémon and crap...you guys can go jump in Hoenn's waters. :| Congratulations to @static (srinator), @Nakuzami, and @gimmepie! Next time, I won't be giving you guys so many points (I hope)! {XD} To the users who battled me and I didn't get any wins against you yet, I hope to battle you again next year!

@Hermione Granger or @Chase - also, one minor question... This is my first proper Get-Together (that I recall), so I'm not really familiar with what happens after scoring - do participants still get "participant" Emblems for these events? :o

*Er, tiny point edit. I just recounted and got 182 points for my own point total calculation, which doesn't change the ranking, but still...so yeah. Just letting you know! ^_^

Please you can't stop me, this is the third time I think I am in the top 3
Getgudchase

I like how/it bugs me how srinator only had to boldface his losses to make them stand out. {XD}
...Fenyx4 used Lock-On!
Fenyx4 used Teleport! (to train for 2016...)

srinator

Loses are almost always much better than your wins for a variety of reason especially when you are not goofing around or sleep deprived lol.

Back