• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Virus (Recruiting)

Caecae97

Son of Mewtwo
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
I had an idea for a Pokemon FireRed ROM Hack, but I have zero hacking skills, so I'm looking for a team to help me both learn to hack, and create the hack in a collaboration with me.

Discord Server
https://discord.gg/c7p5PDq

Here's the basic ideas I have

You wake up on Birth Island with no memory, other than your name and gender. You have to solve the puzzle that is normally required to encounter Deoxys in order to get off the island, when you solve it, the boat appears, and can ride it between the Sevii Islands, but not to Kanto yet. In the boat, you find a Tri-Pass and take the boat to One Island. When you arrive, you meet up with Daisy, who says Oak gave her his last starter, Bulbasaur, but she thinks it would be happier with you. She offers to upgrade your Tri-Pass to a Rainbow Pass, and wishes you luck on your new Pokemon journey. Before you can get to Kanto, you have to go throughout the islands. On One Island, you must go to Mt. Ember through a secret tunnel. You will meet a wild Ponyta and capture her(it will be 100% female). You also need to go to Berry Forest and Four Island, to catch a Scyther and Pichu, respectively. When you capture the Pichu on Four Island, a resident introduces you to Lorelei. She sees your promise as a trainer, and asks you if you'd like to come back to Kanto with her. When you get to Kanto, she takes you to Viridian City and wishes you luck before going back to the Pokemon League. After that, it's a typical Pokemon adventure, but whenever you earn a Gym Badge, you have a flashback about your past, and decide to continue earning badges in order to recover your memory. As you collect more badges, you learn you were born in Viridian Forest, and have the ability to talk to Pokemon. You learn that you had a Ponyta and Scyther acting as a mother and father to you, and a Pichu as a little brother. You also learn that you grew bitter because of trainers hurting your Pokemon friends and taking them away from you. When you earn the Earth Badge from Blue, Lorelei meets you by the Pokemon League gate and congratulates you for earning all the badges. You tell her about the flashbacks and she decides to bring you to Lance, who explains he grew up the same way you did, bitter at the world because of trainers, but he learned that people and Pokemon can still coexist, even though they fight. You tell him about waking up on Birth Island, and he suggests you go back there and see if you can find any clues as to what happened. When you go there, you find Deoxys, who explains to you that it arrived in Kanto as an alien virus on a meteorite that landed in Viridian Forest. It explains that when you touched the meteorite as a child, the virus mutated into Deoxys, but it also had a portion of your DNA, making you Deoxys's brother/sister.

That's all I have for now, if you're interested in helping, let me know

The Team

Directors(Max 3)
Directors keep the project on schedule, and offer ideas when needed. Hacking/Coding EXP not required, but useful and recommended

Caecae97

Artists
Artists create sprites for original characters, and animations for post-Generation III moves. Proof of sprite artwork EXP required

Engineers
Engineers work directly with the hack, and work in collaboration with artists and script writers. Proof of hacking/coding EXP required

Script Writers
Script writers come up with the most important part of the hack, the plot. They submit ideas to the directors before deciding what is and is not placed in the hack. Hacking/Coding EXP not required

Team Application Form

Username
Position
Discord/Skype/Email
Proof of Experience(If applicable)
References (3 minimum if applicable)​

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Sep 26, 2019
Im also a noob but I have expirience in scripting and terraining maybe I can help you

Caecae97

Son of Mewtwo
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
Thank you for your interest, I could use a script writer, not sure what terraining is, but could you still out the form? You don't need references if you're applying for a script writer

Vytron

Just an ordinary Romhacker
Years
The concept looks good,and this has potential!
I?m not a rom hacking expert,but I have some exp with xse.
(And I worked on tile inserting and mapping before as well)
I can help if its needed but not sure if I can 100% be in the project.
(I?m working on a rom hack as well called ?Pokemon Black&White Advanced)
Its a gba remake of The gen 5 games.

I think you should check this out!
https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=164276

Its an xse tutorial
It is easy to understand and I learned xse scripting from this tutorial (I used some other resources as well tho :P)

Last edited:

Caecae97

Son of Mewtwo
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
I appreciate the tutorial, but the problem is that I don't have a PC, I have a Mac, and a lot of programs don't work on my computer because it doesn't run on Windows

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 18, 2024
I had an idea for a Pokemon FireRed ROM Hack, but I have zero hacking skills, so I'm looking for a team to help me both learn to hack, and create the hack in a collaboration with me.

Here's the basic ideas I have

You wake up on Birth Island with no memory, other than your name and gender. You have to solve the puzzle that is normally required to encounter Deoxys in order to get off the island, when you solve it, the boat appears, and can ride it between the Sevii Islands, but not to Kanto yet. In the boat, you find a Tri-Pass and take the boat to One Island. When you arrive, you meet up with Daisy, who says Oak gave her his last starter, Bulbasaur, but she thinks it would be happier with you. She offers to upgrade your Tri-Pass to a Rainbow Pass, and wishes you luck on your new Pokemon journey. Before you can get to Kanto, you have to go throughout the islands. On One Island, you must go to Mt. Ember through a secret tunnel. You will meet a wild Ponyta and capture her(it will be 100% female). You also need to go to Berry Forest and Four Island, to catch a Scyther and Pichu, respectively. When you capture the Pichu on Four Island, a resident introduces you to Lorelei. She sees your promise as a trainer, and asks you if you'd like to come back to Kanto with her. When you get to Kanto, she takes you to Viridian City and wishes you luck before going back to the Pokemon League. After that, it's a typical Pokemon adventure, but whenever you earn a Gym Badge, you have a flashback about your past, and decide to continue earning badges in order to recover your memory. As you collect more badges, you learn you were born in Viridian Forest, and have the ability to talk to Pokemon. You learn that you had a Ponyta and Scyther acting as a mother and father to you, and a Pichu as a little brother. You also learn that you grew bitter because of trainers hurting your Pokemon friends and taking them away from you. When you earn the Earth Badge from Blue, Lorelei meets you by the Pokemon League gate and congratulates you for earning all the badges. You tell her about the flashbacks and she decides to bring you to Lance, who explains he grew up the same way you did, bitter at the world because of trainers, but he learned that people and Pokemon can still coexist, even though they fight. You tell him about waking up on Birth Island, and he suggests you go back there and see if you can find any clues as to what happened. When you go there, you find Deoxys, who explains to you that it arrived in Kanto as an alien virus on a meteorite that landed in Viridian Forest. It explains that when you touched the meteorite as a child, the virus mutated into Deoxys, but it also had a portion of your DNA, making you Deoxys's brother/sister.

That's all I have for now, if you're interested in helping, let me know

The Team

Directors(Max 3)
Directors keep the project on schedule, and offer ideas when needed. Hacking/Coding EXP not required, but useful and recommended

Caecae97

Artists
Artists create sprites for original characters, and animations for post-Generation III moves. Proof of sprite artwork EXP required

Engineers
Engineers work directly with the hack, and work in collaboration with artists and script writers. Proof of hacking/coding EXP required

Script Writers
Script writers come up with the most important part of the hack, the plot. They submit ideas to the directors before deciding what is and is not placed in the hack. Hacking/Coding EXP not required

Team Application Form

Username
Position
Discord/Skype/Email
Proof of Experience(If applicable)
References (3 minimum if applicable)​

That sounds like an interesting project you got there. I'd be willing to help you out in some capacity. If you want, you can send me a DM on Discord, and we can discuss further on how we can get this project going. Let me know it that's alright with you. Cheers!

Caecae97

Son of Mewtwo
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
Thanks for your interest, I hope I can find more people to help

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen May 25, 2019
I'm not an actual artist but I'm good at Photoshop... If that counts as being an artist, then...

Ar30s
Artist
Firemaster1090#4985
Proof of Experience :
PkmnChronosScreenR_zps0qfmfowp.png

(Pokemon Fire Red Titlescreen I made with Photoshop. Please no steal)

bluhacks263

"My first hack I'm making, a remake of Yellow on F
Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Jun 19, 2021
I'll like to help as I have experience with XSE, and have mediocre map skills.

Caecae97

Son of Mewtwo
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
I'm still looking for help with the hack, so if anyone is interested in the idea, let me know

Back