• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hi there!

Years
  • UK
  • Seen Jun 27, 2013
Hi everyone.

I'm Ebonysprite and today I've decided to join my first Pokémon Forum. I'm a British gamer who enjoys mostly RPG's and adventure games.

The first Pokémon game I played was a very long time ago, it was Red on the original Gameboy. I have only recently got back into the series, as I'm now playing Pokémon Black on the Nintendo DS for the first time. Which I'm quite enjoying.

So that's me in a nutshell. I'm hoping to be here for a long time and I hope to hear from you soon!

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
Hi there Ebonysprite, it's nice to see you here! Your 1st Pokemon forum, you say? Well, what a nice place to start you've chosen.

You've been there from the start, that's good! You'll see many fans of the series of old, so don't worry. You got back into the series just in time for Pokemon X/Y, so nice timing there! Hm, I never got to really play the 5th Generation games, so yeah :/

Welcome to PC, hope you have a lovely time! Don't be afraid to send me a Visitor Message, that's if you want to.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
Hi EbonySprite and welcome to PC!!
I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun around here, there is a lot of stuff to see and talk about, so it never gets boring (: Most of us started with the original games, so it's nice to see another "veteran" player join us! I'm glad you are enjoying Black, you definitely have to try Black2 when you can, it's really great and a lot betten than the first imo.

So what are some of your favorite Pokes? Playing any other videogames as of now?
Looking forward to see you around, have a ton of fun!! :D

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
Hi Ebonysprite! I'm glad that you chose to be in PC as the 1st Pokémon forum that you attended! I'm glad to see one of another fan of Pokémon from the very beginning of it. By the way, I hope you get used to this forum and enjoy!

Years
  • Seen Feb 10, 2014
Hey Ebony, welcome to PC! We're both newbies here, and I hope you'll enjoy this forum as much as I'm enjoying it now. Aha, Red, I enjoyed spamming that game with Charizard. Charizard, FTW! ^_^ Anyway, I hope to become friends with you and hope you'll like the people around here!

Years
  • UK
  • Seen Jun 27, 2013
Hi Classic Sonic and thank you very much for the warmwelcome. It's good to meet you. I'm glad they're also people who had startedwith the old games or otherwise I'd probably felt out of place not knowing alot about the new series. I'm also quite looking forward to X and Y.

I also find it difficult sometimes to talk to people on forums, because most of the time I don't know what I can add to the conversation, so please forgive me if I don't add much of a reply. I just don't want you or other users to think I'm being rude.

Hi EbonySprite and welcome to PC!!
I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun around here, there is a lot of stuff to see and talk about, so it never gets boring (: Most of us started with the original games, so it's nice to see another "veteran" player join us! I'm glad you are enjoying Black, you definitely have to try Black2 when you can, it's really great and a lot betten than the first imo.

So what are some of your favorite Pokes? Playing any other videogames as of now?
Looking forward to see you around, have a ton of fun!! :D

Hi Zorogami and thank you also very much for the warm welcome. Really great meeting you. Yeah I picked up Black a few weeks ago and have been really enjoying it. The next time I go to the video game store I'll be sure to pick up Black 2 when I'm there.

Some of my favourite pokes are mainly, Ghost Type, some PsychicTypes and Water Types. Gengar for Ghost, Alakazam for Psychic and Starmie for Water.

I'm also playing Bioshock Infinite and Deus Ex.

Hi wind heart and thank you also very much for the warm welcome. Good meeting you. It's great to see I'm not alone with the old games.

Hi Shaturu711 and thank you also very much for the warm welcome. Great to meet you. Yeah Charizard is awesome, Charmander was the first Poke I chose from Oak in Red, great memories.

Last edited:

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
You can relax, your replies are good enough as is! You'll get by well, you just have to get a bit used to common routine on PC.

Those are some cool Pokemon there! I definitely like Gengar, and if it wasn't for Chandelure existing, it'd totally be my favourite Ghost-type...I just wish there were more of them. I've heard many great things about Bioshock Infinite, I might buy it one day to see if the good news is true. If you want to discuss anything about Pokemon X and Pokemon Y, and talk both the expected and unexpected, you should go here. Good luck adapting, and all the best!

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
Hi Zorogami and thank you also very much for the warm welcome. Really great meeting you. Yeah I picked up Black a few weeks ago and have been really enjoying it. The next time I go to the video game store I'll be sure to pick up Black 2 when I'm there.

Some of my favourite pokes are mainly, Ghost Type, some PsychicTypes and Water Types. Gengar for Ghost, Alakazam for Psychic and Starmie for Water.

I'm also playing Bioshock Infinite and Deus Ex.

You are more than welcome fellow trainer!
You definitely should try Black2 whenever you get to it. How far along are you on Black?
Ghost types are really nice, i like them a lot myself, especially Haunter :D
And Starmie is a beast, i had him on my B2 team and absolutely loved it!

I haven't got Bioshock Infinite yet, but I'll get it sooner or later.
The Deus Ex i played was Human Revolution, is it the one you have?

Years
  • UK
  • Seen Jun 27, 2013
You are more than welcome fellow trainer!
You definitely should try Black2 whenever you get to it. How far along are you on Black?
Ghost types are really nice, i like them a lot myself, especially Haunter :D
And Starmie is a beast, i had him on my B2 team and absolutely loved it!

I haven't got Bioshock Infinite yet, but I'll get it sooner or later.
The Deus Ex i played was Human Revolution, is it the one you have?

I've just got the fifth Gym badge from Clay, and heading out to route 106 I think.
Yeah that's the one I have. You should try Bioshock Infinite, it's one of the best games I've played in a long time.

Years
It is an absolute pleasure to meet you, Ebony! Welcome to PokeCommunity!

Ahh, Gengar is amazing. Probably the coolest ghost type out there and also one of the strongest if not the strongest. :] Going by your interests I think you'll really enjoy our Pokemon Clubs board, so check it out. We have clubs for many types and other Pokemon-related subjects there, and if one you're looking for doesn't exist you can take a look at the Grand-Master thread to see if you'd be able to reserve it. Just a suggestion that you might find interesting!

And it's definitely true that there are plenty of people here who started their love for Pokemon way back during the days of Red and Blue. That includes myself, actually; I started with R/B in 1999 which is almost fourteen years ago now. Pokemon is an amazing franchise, isn't it? People who love the series even now with all the changes are the coolest fans, though, since it shows just how dedicated you are for continuing to play the series after so long. Glad to hear you'll be picking up Black 2 - it's amaazing, trust us! Heaps better than Black & White and that's saying something since B/W were amazing on their own. Take a look at the Fifth Generation board to discuss these games anytime as well, if you're interested! The regulars there would love to have a new face pop into the section!

And awwww, don't worry about not being good at adding to the conversation. It's understandable, especially when you're a new person on a forum like this one! It's all right. :D I just like to post welcome messages in people's threads to try and make them more comfortable, as do our other amazing Welcome Lounge regulars, so hopefully this has helped you settle in a bit. I'm around whenever if you want to talk more, so message me through my profile anytime! If not, that's all right, because you're still an awesome person.

Stick around and have a wonderful time, Ebony. We're happy to have you!

Back