• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Sinnoh Legacy BETA 2.0 Out Now!

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 16, 2022
I dont know if it's just for me, but the music is weird. A faint crackling can be heard sometimes. Also, when I catch a pokemon, the game crashes. Any reason these things might be happening?

kearnseyboy6

Aussie's Toughest Mudder
Years
  • Seen Jun 22, 2019
I dont know if it's just for me, but the music is weird. A faint crackling can be heard sometimes. Also, when I catch a pokemon, the game crashes. Any reason these things might be happening?

Fixing the crackling shouldn't be a problem but catching a Pokemon might be! Which pokemon specifically break the ROM when you catch them?

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 16, 2022
Fixing the crackling shouldn't be a problem but catching a Pokemon might be! Which pokemon specifically break the ROM when you catch them?

I tried to catch a Bidoof. I threw the pokeball. The game crashed.
I haven't played after that. The crackling gets on my nerves. I will update you as soon as I play it again.
Also, I'm playing on MyBoy emulator for android, if that's important.

Raiimeister

Hear Me Roar!
Years
I haven't played after that. The crackling gets on my nerves. I will update you as soon as I play it again.

We're Playing On The Same Emulator Man, But When I Catch A Pokemon, The Dex Just Messed Up And Go Back To Normal As I Press A Again.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 26, 2020
I know this has just been mentioned, but just going to say it happens on my game too. I successfully caught a Shinx, but then I can't go past this screen
Spoiler:

EDIT: Just tried with other Pokemon and it worked fine with Starly and Bidoof because Zigzagoon came up as the Pokemon? I think this could be because at that point I had seen the Zigzagoon having just encountered one, whereas when I caught Shinx I had seen nothing but gen IV+ Pokemon. I feel like that may be whats causing the issue.

Last edited:

kearnseyboy6

Aussie's Toughest Mudder
Years
  • Seen Jun 22, 2019

We're Playing On The Same Emulator Man, But When I Catch A Pokemon, The Dex Just Messed Up And Go Back To Normal As I Press A Again.

I know this has just been mentioned, but just going to say it happens on my game too. I successfully caught a Shinx, but then I can't go past this screen
Spoiler:

EDIT: Just tried with other Pokemon and it worked fine with Starly and Bidoof because Zigzagoon came up as the Pokemon? I think this could be because at that point I had seen the Zigzagoon having just encountered one, whereas when I caught Shinx I had seen nothing but gen IV+ Pokemon. I feel like that may be whats causing the issue.

Ok then, well then the habitats are definitely updated as of the current hack, as well as a bunch of important things. Hopefully in the next release it will all be working again fine. Because I added in extra pokeballs and flags, a restart of the Save file will be necersary :(

Years
I look forword to playing your hack. Also when the Title said Sinnoh Legacy i thought it was based on the anime, but when i read the story it totaly blew me away. Is there a main legandary pokemon like arceus?

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 16, 2022
Bugs List so far
Spoiler:

Professor Oak's ghost speaks from time to time.
e6xMQ8d.png
qQonole.png

Pokemon have weird placements and old sprites. Most pokes float above the ground. Icons are also sometimes glitched. This only happens for specific pokes however.

8g4C53Z.png
dOJIPis.png
y4yddIC.png

The DNS system also sometimes affects PokeMarts.

mhrnUsR.png

Some tiles glitch and reflect the player, others just go over him.

TtjBFb9.png
97VlNiX.png

The item pickup pokeball sometimes looks like this.

IiOt73K.png

Moves still have their gen 3 power and effects.

bn6MvEI.png
ww97Q1H.png
7EpgvUq.png

Using Mach Punch on a Gym Leader battle results in this.

YpllZ5T.png

The rival sometimes glitches and appears at both this location and in front of the Gym.

MBrVv88.png

This Machoke can talk.

fGy1s1W.png

Bugs I have no images of.
- The clowns at the Jubilee Center still tell me to go to the School even after I've completed it.
- The infamous Pokedex glitch which everyone knows by now.
- The Town Map is glitched (expected)
- Some early game routes have no water pokemon inserted.
- The music is bugged and crackles.
- The grunts at the bridge to Eterna forest do not block you from entering. You can skip the entire Power Plant section if you want.
- The pokedex still says Kanto Dex instead of Sinnoh Dex.
I might have missed some. The story is interesting. Hope you can fix the bugs. Best of luck!

Years
Hmmm... This hack seems interesting. There might be a lot of bugs, but bugs are normal for progressing hacks. I guess I'm going to give this hack a try. :-)

kearnseyboy6

Aussie's Toughest Mudder
Years
  • Seen Jun 22, 2019
Bugs List so far
Spoiler:

Thanks for them, most of them will be fixed in the next BETA which should be soon, thanks for that!

How exactly is the Town map glitched? The pokedex glitch is fixed too thank goodness!

EDIT: Opponent pokemon cries are fixed so no need to report that glitch too!

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 16, 2022
Thanks for them, most of them will be fixed in the next BETA which should be soon, thanks for that!

How exactly is the Town map glitched? The pokedex glitch is fixed too thank goodness!

EDIT: Opponent pokemon cries are fixed so no need to report that glitch too!

I'm playing with the sound turned off until the music is fixed so there is no way I could have reported that cry glitch :P

The map shows random places' names on random locations. I could give you screenshot but my game crashed after the final route and I hadn't saved at all.

I'm eagerly awaiting the next Beta. Also, there are some minor grammatical errors in the game's dialogue, but I'm sure you'll figure that out.

Years
  • Seen Oct 16, 2021
I really like the changes you made to the background during fights. Generally, I don't like when people change it because they're too flashy making the Pokemon ''less visible'' (?? hope it's clear, i don't find the words to clearly express my idea there!). Although, I think yours are really nice, specially the one with the forest and the city line <3.

It's just an opinion there, but I think you should reduce the saturation of the cave background : Cranidos is almost invisible! Graphicly speaking, it's really cool, but a bit too bright/flashy, IMO.

It's a bit peeky but your indoor pallette lack a bit of contrast with the walls : I think they blend a bit too much, maybe just use an outline just a bit darker for the fourniture and I think it would look better.

Raiimeister

Hear Me Roar!
Years
Just Curious Dude, Is There A Way For You To Implement The Out Of Battle Ability Effects? Like For Example Compound Eyes Adds A Chance Of Wild Pokemon Holds An Item More Often.

Tyranitar Killer

Tyranibeast
Years
I have been patiently waiting for the platinum demake for 9 months then out of no where this guy not only brings out a demake but a varied and looks to be unique one
PS. that time travel thing looks great except the man looks squished alot maybe for the old sprite just a little more hight to them and This is the biggest patch in history

Tyranitar Killer

Tyranibeast
Years
2 things I have noticed
No offence but at times the music can be so bad, the route theme is really good but the rest
And Why is Bidoof spelt Bidooof

kearnseyboy6

Aussie's Toughest Mudder
Years
  • Seen Jun 22, 2019
2 things I have noticed
No offence but at times the music can be so bad, the route theme is really good but the rest
And Why is Bidoof spelt Bidooof

Music is being fixed by the next patch. Bidooof is spelt that way because it's complicated to explain, it can be fixed in the last BETA! You are the first to pick up on that! That's awesome! XD

Tyranitar Killer

Tyranibeast
Years
Music is being fixed by the next patch. Bidooof is spelt that way because it's complicated to explain, it can be fixed in the last BETA! You are the first to pick up on that! That's awesome! XD

Once that Music is fixed this needs to be shown to the world because this is the Platinum Red we have been waiting for, looks great

Back