• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Diamond and Pearl Advance

RB11

Creator of Pokémon Diamond and Pearl Advance
Years
mREqaI9.jpg

Hack of: Pokemon Firered
Language: English
Creator: RB11

Introduction
As you can see from the title, this is essentially a demake of Pokemon Diamond and Pearl for the Game Boy Advance. I've been working on this for a year or so now (very inconsistently), but it's coming on well. Now, let's get into it.

Storyline
...hopefully just the same as the original Diamond and Pearl

Features
The region of Sinnoh, in the classic GBA graphics
The DP soundtrack remixed in GBA soundfont.
Trainer/Pokemon sprites replaced.
PSS split and other features similar to this.
Indoor running, reusable TMs etc.
Other graphical enhancements.

Screenshots
4gE9I1E.png
KmGjYNS.png
1gGXRzh.png
DLxerhZ.png
U984G81.png
EQaqEb4.png
rDAQCor.png
1myinDg.png
3kpxspz.png
6uv8QNh.png
hFS20em.png
FXp9EKg.png
qpci5uS.png
SAIhYFM.png
oTQpAsK.png

Credits

Gogojjtech
Navenatox
Mr Dollsteak
Delta231
Kyledove
Diegoisawesome
Creators of all the tools
Tajaros
Spherical ice
Le pug
All the sprite makers
Me
Essentially everyone in this community for inspiring me to do this.

Tools used
Advance Map 1.92, by Lu-Ho
A-Trainer, by Hackmew
Free Space Finder, by Hackmew
XSE, by Hackmew
NTME, by D-Trogh
Advance Series, by Wichu
Nameless Sprite Editor, by Link12552
Pokemon Game Editor, by Gamer2020
HTE, by esperance.
YAPE, by Silver314.

Closing notes
Thanks for checking this out, hopefully I can keep up the progress with this one!

[btw I'm back now!]

Last edited:

RB11

Years
Um, Broski, TMs didn't become reusable until Gen 5. They were still one use in Gen 4

Ah well, I've realised people request and prioritise a lot of features, so I thought I might as well include it.
The hack itself needs some variation as well, so that's why I included it.

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
Leaving the ugly houses, weird redisgned trees and the noticeably different style of certain buildings like Rowan's Lab or Sandgem's Pokémon Center aside, this looks interesting and I'll make sure to check it every once in a while.

It was about time someone actually tried to do a proper Demake, good luck dude!

RB11

Years
A hack based around sinnoh huh, looking forward to this!
Thanks man, hopefully I can actually progress with this one.

I'm a huge fan of Sinnoh so I am excited for this. Can't wait to play.
Thanks, thats exactly why made it - I'm a massive fan of sinnoh as well!

Leaving the ugly houses, weird redisgned trees and the noticeably different style of certain buildings like Rowan's Lab or Sandgem's Pokémon Center aside, this looks interesting and I'll make sure to check it every once in a while.

It was about time someone actually tried to do a proper Demake, good luck dude!

Thanks for the support! I'm sorry that the tiles don't look good (I thought the trees looked alright?), I must admit I'm a pretty bad graphic designer, but things like the trees and the houses are in the GBA classic style, and I guess it looks a bit weird in the official games as well. But anyway, thanks!

Reactions: Nex

The Undisputed Era

Shock the System.
Years
Don't let people put you down on the sprites, they look amazing considering this is a gen 4 demake, making it feel gen 3 while keeping the gen 4 isn't easy but the screenshots so far do it justice.

Can't wait to give this a go, is the pokedex going to follow D/P specifically or will it be Platinums for a more diverse dex?

RB11

Years
Don't let people put you down on the sprites, they look amazing considering this is a gen 4 demake, making it feel gen 3 while keeping the gen 4 isn't easy but the screenshots so far do it justice.

Can't wait to give this a go, is the pokedex going to follow D/P specifically or will it be Platinums for a more diverse dex?
Thanks a lot, I know that the graphics aren't amazing but I wanted to keep it authentic - hopefully they should be bearable!
I'm still figuring out the pokedex, but I'm leaning towards a DP dex to make it true to the originals.
If I finish I might be able to release a platinum, just making little changes like that. We'll see.

Since reusable TM's are in the game is there any chance you could do B2/W2's repel system?
Might end up doing it, we'll see. Its always good to add some different features, so I'll keep that in mind!

Small update:
RcELG0K.png
wHUE5bh.png

Player's room isn't finished but it's a start!

RB11

Years
Hi everyone. Unfortunately, my computer files were corrupted a a few weeks back, so I lost a a lot of progress. However, I'm starting rebuilding and hopefully I can keep going with this hack!
I really don't want to abandon it, so let's hope that my scripting skills aren't too terrible :)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 7, 2019
That really sucks, but don't give up. This is the only Sinnoh demake still currently being updated, it would mean alot to the community to finally get gen 4 on the gba.

RB11

Years
No news? I liked this hack so much, I even created a cover.
JWHDkr0-4_DY4ibbIyfghPG9ehrWR45e1n3yuE-qRLmqFc4XVFuJq2pIQFwjeR7IoN1m20tfElhQRNeOhIqRXETDsso3gO-b7vs
That's amazing! I've hadmajor exams last 2 weeks, on top of losing the main files for the hack, so progress has been slow. I'm going to try my very hardest to update, and hopefully progress can resume!

Back