• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Erasing Text Shadow

Status
Not open for further replies.

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
I was wondering if it was possible to easily get rid of text shadow. My game is styled in GSC and the texbox I made is pink, but when I go to SpriteWindow and change the appropriate field, it doesn't seem to affect it and it still seems to be white.

Can anyone tell me exactly how to erase the shadow? Thank you,
Pia Carrot.

EDIT: I found out you could change this by changing the number*8 to number*1 it works fine, but I'd still lile to know how to simply erase it.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
Find the script section SpriteWindow and find the following code:

Code:
def pbDrawShadowText(bitmap,x,y,width,height,string,baseColor,shadowColor=nil,align=0)
  return if !bitmap || !string
  width=(width<0) ? bitmap.text_size(string).width+4 : width
  height=(height<0) ? bitmap.text_size(string).height+4 : height
[COLOR=Red]  if shadowColor
    bitmap.font.color=shadowColor
    bitmap.draw_text(x+2,y,width,height,string,align)
    bitmap.draw_text(x,y+2,width,height,string,align)
    bitmap.draw_text(x+2,y+2,width,height,string,align)
  end[/COLOR]
  if baseColor
    bitmap.font.color=baseColor
    bitmap.draw_text(x,y,width,height,string,align)
  end
end
Delete the red lines.

This won't work for all instances of shadows behind text, though (e.g. the credits draw their shadows separately). In these cases, find out where in the scripts displays the text, and there will usually be the command draw_text drawing the shadows - delete them.

Years
Hi! I know this thread (or forum, I don't know; I'm new at this) is old, but I'm having the same problem. Pardon me for my technical inequities as I seem to not know how to create a new post of my own to just ask there my question (but that's another problem entirely). My problem is this: I want to know how to remove the shadow from Pokemon Essentials, as like Pia Carrot, I'm devising a GSC-styled Pokemon fangame, and I want to remove the shadow. Also, I would gladly appreciate if anyone would help in making the font true black as well, as opposed to the dark gray in line of FRLG and RSE. I would really appreciate it if anyone would explain it in simple terms, as I am technically challenged when it comes to scripting (I prefer to not tweak it at all, but sometimes certain situations require it). It's agitating to the bone that a simple task of tweaking the game font isn't really simple at all; I badly need help! Thanks in advance!

Years
Hi! I know this thread (or forum, I don't know; I'm new at this) is old, but I'm having the same problem. Pardon me for my technical inequities as I seem to not know how to create a new post of my own to just ask there my question (but that's another problem entirely). My problem is this: I want to know how to remove the shadow from Pokemon Essentials, as like Pia Carrot, I'm devising a GSC-styled Pokemon fangame, and I want to remove the shadow. Also, I would gladly appreciate if anyone would help in making the font true black as well, as opposed to the dark gray in line of FRLG and RSE. I would really appreciate it if anyone would explain it in simple terms, as I am technically challenged when it comes to scripting (I prefer to not tweak it at all, but sometimes certain situations require it). It's agitating to the bone that a simple task of tweaking the game font isn't really simple at all; I badly need help! Thanks in advance!

There are two solutions in this thread already, and necroposting is against the rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back