The PokéCommunity Forums Pokémon: Main Series Games First Generation
Forgot...

First Generation Released in Japan on February 27, 1996 and re-releasing on the Nintendo eShop on February 27, 2016, come inside and talk about the games that started a cultural phenomenon: Pokémon Red (and Green), Blue and Yellow! Share your experiences about Kanto in its black and white glory, learn how to be a master battle strategist, get help (like how to get past Pokémon Tower), write up the millionth Missingno theory, and more.

Closed Thread

Old October 24th, 2003 (5:28 AM).

I remember a long time ago I read about becoming a gym leader in R/B/Y. It was something like catching all 151, and then talking to Giovanni (you were supposed not to talk to him after defeating him until you had all 151). I tried this, but it doesn't work. Does anyone know if there is a way to become a gym leader and if so, how?

Relevant Advertising!

Old October 24th, 2003 (5:33 AM).
    Pu? (Clueless?)

I doubt about the realiability of the source you have read about, and so I doubt there is any way you can be a gym leader in the game.
      Old October 24th, 2003 (5:38 AM).

Yeah, I thought so, but I saw it a lot back then, so I just checked if anyone ever heard about it.
        Old October 25th, 2003 (12:17 PM).
        Banned

Even if it were true, what good would it do you? All they do is sit around, waiting for challenges. What fun is that?
          Old October 27th, 2003 (12:02 PM).

I remember it said you would be continually challenged until you left the gym. But it's probably fake though.
            Old October 27th, 2003 (12:23 PM).
            There is no "-tina"
            • Platinum Tier

Nature: Rash
            Its a fake, there is no way for you to be a Gym Leader in any of the Pokemon games.

TwitterMy Anime ListBackloggeryRaptrBrother
            My PM box is full so if you really have to PM me send it here.
            Old August 21st, 2017 (8:46 PM).
            The Champion Jester

Nature: Relaxed
              Which would lead some interesting questions, like, how long before you're re-challenged and do you even get to rest before the next fight? Although the concept of fighting random trainers in a stadium intrigues me. (At least it does here, the later games would have a Battle Tower of some sort.)

Personally, you may have caught wind of one of those infamous 'Internet rumours' that vets and beginners all may have believed once upon a time. (I remember Pikablue, the well-known nickname for a may-have-been-intentionally leaked pokemon in order to draw controversy.After the Pikablue rumour, it seems as if G/S, and later C sales would sky-rocket and the franchise would solidify.)

Sorry, friend, you can write a fan-fic about being a Gym Leader, it's just impossible within the game's code.

Note: Seriously, the dude always has all three starters. How cool is that?
              Old August 21st, 2017 (11:40 PM).
              Fairium Z
              • Super Moderator
              • Platinum Tier
              • Discord Moderoid

Nature: Naive
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Palmer-Granate View Post
              Which would lead some interesting questions, like, how long before you're re-challenged and do you even get to rest before the next fight? Although the concept of fighting random trainers in a stadium intrigues me. (At least it does here, the later games would have a Battle Tower of some sort.)

Personally, you may have caught wind of one of those infamous 'Internet rumours' that vets and beginners all may have believed once upon a time. (I remember Pikablue, the well-known nickname for a may-have-been-intentionally leaked pokemon in order to draw controversy.After the Pikablue rumour, it seems as if G/S, and later C sales would sky-rocket and the franchise would solidify.)

Sorry, friend, you can write a fan-fic about being a Gym Leader, it's just impossible within the game's code.
              Hopefully they have realized this in the past 14 years since this thread was made. Not likely they are still wondering. If you want to discuss the gym leaders or the possibility of becoming one in a game now however, feel free to make a new thread! I suggest making it in the Pokemon Gaming Central section of these forums.
              Closed Thread

Quick Reply