• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I doubt the symbols with the actor's name means we get a new Eevee Evolution.

Also just because we got 2 Eevee evolutions two times before doesn't mean anything. All of the Eevee Evolutions are also "Special Typed" But since that means only one possible eevee evolution everyone just dismisses it.

Based on what I could make out with the picture, the new Pokemon being shown is either tall, flying in the air, or levitating in the image because you can see a small lump over part of the circled ?.

Sylveon is also the center for a movie. It makes no sense for them to center a full movie on 1 Pokemon include all the other evolutions and not include the other one. Based on all the promotion for Sylveon, its the only new one.

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
Years
Idk if you guys have seen this, but Team Fail showed me this video yesterday. This is probably an AF Prank but it looks cool, also be warned, possible(yet very unlikely) spoilers:
Spoiler:

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Hey so this has been floating around the internet and is considered a new form for Mewtwo.

Spoiler:

Not confirmed as a real thing, but Serebii has posted it to their website. Looks photoshopped though.

Please not be real. Please not be real.Please not be real.Please not be real.Please not be real.Please not be real.Please not be real.Please not be real. Please not be real.Please not be real.Please not be real.Please not be real.Please not be real.Please not be real.Please not be real. :(

Idk if you guys have seen this, but Team Fail showed me this video yesterday. This is probably an AF Prank but it looks cool, also be warned, possible(yet very unlikely) spoilers:
Spoiler:

Kind of cute. Though it looks pretty fake to me. I'd love if it's real though.

Edit: oh wait it say April Fools in the title.

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
The fact that Serebii posted it means he must be somewhat sure that it'll be confirmed real, but idk. It just looks ugly and if Mewtwo would get a better forme it wouldn't look like that... ? ;_;

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Yeah that thing's hideous. Some people say it's a photoshopped version of this poster.
Spoiler:

And it really does to me. I think if they were to introduce a new forme for Mewtwo, they wouldn't just use the same poster they made before but slightly edited would they? I think they would make an entirely new poster right?

Also I don;t want a new form. Mewtwo's great the way it is so you shouldn't fix what's not broken. I don't get why every legendary Pokemon needs a new form nowadays. :cross-eye

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Oh hey that really does look Photoshopped. The fact that it's so close to that poster makes me not believe it at all, really. Here's hoping fake? :/

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years
The fact that Serebii posted it means he must be somewhat sure that it'll be confirmed real, but idk. It just looks ugly and if Mewtwo would get a better forme it wouldn't look like that... ? ;_;

Serebii have said there is absolutely no confirmation of this being real.

Also, I have noticed some inconsistencies between Mewtwo in both pictures
2m7t91l.jpg

1: His "Headband" in the right picture, it doesn't even connect to his head properly.
2: His neck is drawn rather shoddily, it looks fine on the left, but in the picture on the right, it's drawn in a way that makes his lower jaw look as flat as a pancake.
3: His hip pauldron, on the left it's smooth and round, on the right it has a section that juts out.
4: Posters in Japanese magazines, do not have a massive blank white border, they always fill every bit of space up.
Also to note is that the artist tried to mask the inconsistencies by crumpling up the paper but if anything this just makes them stand out way more, it doesn't look professional at all.
And finally, it's way too early for CoroCoro, heck the magazine shouldn't even be finished yet.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
He didn't say it was confirmed but the fact is he normally leaves uncomfirmed stuff off the site for the most part, really.

Good analysis though! Hoping it's fake anyway. :3

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
He didn't say it was confirmed but the fact is he normally leaves uncomfirmed stuff off the site for the most part, really.

Good analysis though! Hoping it's fake anyway. :3

He's also still human. It could be a slip up.

That's one big negative to Serebii, since he has a reputation for not posting fakes. If he makes a mistake people will still follow him like sheep.

The new mewtwo form looks like something from dragonball z.

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
Years
What in the world is that thing ? That looks hideous. I really hope it's fake. Damn, it'll completely ruin mewtwo for me.

Guy

just a guy
Years
Gosh, that things is hideous. D:

I know there's been some speculation around the internet about Mewtwo getting a new form for the movie, but please, not anything like that. What's coming out from behind his head? That looks so weird.

Given how it has been going around for a few hours now, I would have hoped someone would have come up and claimed it as a fake or something. Still time, I suppose.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
The thing is, why would Mewtwo even need a new form? It's kind of one of those legendaries that are super powerful enough to live without one, so I don't really see it as necessary for it to have one. That being said though, where's Mew's role in all of this? I find it extremely odd that, if it's true that Mewtwo were to be given a new form, that Mew doesn't, so not a lot of things are adding up here.

I'm calling a fib on this one, really.

Do any legendary really need new forms though?

I always figured new forms was just a way to increase hype.

Guy

just a guy
Years
The thing is, why would Mewtwo even need a new form? It's kind of one of those legendaries that are super powerful enough to live without one, so I don't really see it as necessary for it to have one. That being said though, where's Mew's role in all of this? I find it extremely odd that, if it's true that Mewtwo were to be given a new form, that Mew doesn't, so not a lot of things are adding up here.

Why does any Pokémon need a new form?

While I agree, Mewtwo certainly doesn't need some new form, it doesn't give GameFreak a good enough reason not to do it. I just have to believe that if they were to do so, they would do something a whole lot better than that... thing.

Mew doesn't necessarily have to have its own form either if Mewtwo were to be given one. Mewtwo is a man-made Pokémon, genetically created by scientists using a strand of Mew's DNA. Other than that link, the two Pokémon are vastly different from one another, more so in the games than in the anime. So if Mewtwo were to have its own form, it could come from its genetic make up allowing it to change. Mew doesn't have to have anything to do with that. It is its own Pokémon.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Mewtwo technically isn't a mascot legendary. Sure it's a major legendary but it isn't a mascot like uhh Venusaur etc in those generations so it could get another forme - and Mew on the other hand didn't need to because maybe it'd be merged with Mewtwo to create said forme??

Years
Except, don't forget that it would be extremely inconsistent, and I can tell that GF doesn't really swing that way. Remember back in late Gen IV when Giratina was given it's Origin form, and then we saw it in action even in movie style. It was powerful yes (and heck, you can see Origin form winning against Dialga in Movie 11 (at least, I think that's the right movie)), but by no means was it too significantly overpowered. That's what I'm saying here. There has not been one instance in a main Pokemon game whereas one of the mascot legendaries got an alternate form while the other mascot stayed behind. It just wouldn't seem...right, y'know?

So far, all of the mascot legendaries seem to be left alone, so I don't see why GF would feel the need to change Mewtwo in any way.

I don't understand what you're trying to say. You talk about a mascot legendary getting a new form (Giratina) while the others didn't (Dialga and Palkia), then say something about how strong they are (which doesn't seem relevant to your argument at all), and then try to say Mewtwo won't get a new form because they never only give one mascot legendary a new form, even though you literally just talked about them doing exactly that (and Mewtwo isn't a mascot anyway).

Guy

just a guy
Years
I mean, I guess what I'm saying that is I think Mewtwo would just have some huge unfair advantage to it's counterpart, I suppose. u__u
Mewtwo already has a bigger advantage over Mew given its higher stats and a total base state of 680; 80 more than Mew's total base stats. The way I see it, they were never equal counterparts to begin with. Compare that to Giratina who shared the same total base stats with Dialga and Palkia, even in its Origin Form.

Like I said, Mewtwo and Mew only share a connection due to their shared DNA, other than that, the two are very much their own separate entities. So Mewtwo getting an alternate form (if that even turns out to be a real thing at all) wouldn't really have anything to do with Mew in my opinion.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Well Kyurem did get an advantage with it's new formes against it's trio after having a disadvantage in it's original forme. So trios have had one member with a new forme while the rest don't.
Also if they were to give Mewtwo a new forme it could get the Giratina treatment or even the Keldeo treatment to keep it from becoming more uneven... the last one would be stupid however imo.

Years

Well, Mewtwo was a genetically engineered Pokémon so maybe this is TR's attempt to make it even better? I don't see why Mew would need to get affected. With that said, I do hope that if Mewtwo gets a new forme that this isn't it because...for one thing the r34 will be everywhere.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Why exactly does Mewtwo need a new forme? Wouldn't that make him way too overpowered than he is now (unless they pull a Keldeo on him)? But now that I think about it, if Mewtwo does get a new forme, it might as well be his final smash if he was able to come back in the next SSB title, which is a clever marketing strategy.

I can actually understand a few. There were a few that needed it (like Shaymin, for example, and perhaps Giratina just for the sake of story and background purposes, I suppose. At least there was some sort of story surrounding it, in the form of a movie). And there were a few that kind of didn't need it (Kami trio, really, along with Keldeo to some sort of extent?). So ultimately, I can see why the whole concept would be used to create hype.

But hype is really the only reason why this image of a deformed Mewtwo is even floating around the internet, nothing more.

The reason they gave the Kamis new formes is because of the complaints about them being recolors, and yet now the same people are complaining about them having different formes, which shows contradictory within the fanbase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back