• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Wonder Trade Guilt.

Years
When I first tried the Wonder Trade, I had no idea how it worked so I sent out a random level three Pokemon out just to check.

That's when I realized I could randomly gift nice Pokemon to random people so sometimes I'd take some time to breed some good Pokemon to give out. I don't mind getting trash Pokemon, since I like collecting IDs for the lotto. hehe

But sometimes I feel guilty too because I keep thinking, "What if they don't need this Pokemon?"

They took the risk. Just remember that.

Years
I don't know if I feel guilty about getting a good Pokemon from a trade. I do feel a bit let down when I trade a version exclusive Pokemon and I get one I caught before. When that happens, I just find the same Pokemon in my possession and try my luck again.

However, I did make a few good trades. I traded a Slowpoke away and I got a Lapras. I then traded away a Poliwag and to my surprise, I got a Squirtle out of it!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 23, 2024
Wonder Trade hates me. I only get like Weedles and Scatterbugs. So no guilt for me really, haha.

It's a really cool feature though.

KoolKat vs. Lucas

KoolKat Gold
Years
  • Seen Nov 30, 2013
I seem luckier than most of you.... but I think I also stole a little kid's Greninja... :(

My list (duplicates exist):
Mienfoo (JPN)
Roggenrola (Holding an Everstone)
Woobat
Steelix
Ralts (JPN)
Flethcinder
Metapod (JPN)
Scyther (Lvl. 50)
Helioptile
Froakie
Golett
Froakie
Pikachu
Floatzel
Scatterbug
Litleo
Ralts
Torkoal
Furfrou
Helioptile (JPN)
Fletchling
Slowpoke (JPN)
Hawlucha
Froakie
Snorlax
Tyrunt
Bunnelby
Karrablast
Ralts
Pancham (JPN)
Honedge
Beedrill
Honedge (JPN)
Litwick (JPN)
Honedge (JPN)
Foongus
Fennekin (FRE)
Minun
Froakie
Luvdisc
Spinda
Houndour
Plusle
Archen (FRE)
Pansage (JPN)
Mawile
Gurdurr (FRE, evolved into Conkeldurr)
Gourgiest
Charmander
Pikachu
Pancham
Froakie
Slowpoke
Larvesta (JPN)
Ditto
Charmander (GER)
Combee
Pikachu
Snubbull
Bidoof (with the nickname UgotDERPED)
Hawlucha
Weepinbell (JPN)

That's a page of information I collected doing the Wonder Trading.
Now, the notable trades afterwards:

I gave a Lvl. 1 Goomy for a Lv. 78 Greninja nicknamed "Bristle" (w/o quotes).
I felt too guilty to keep this, though. It was about 30 levels above my current average (which is 50-51)

I traded a Lvl. 4 Skitty for a Lvl. 1 Fennkin (with an innapropriate nickname)

I traded another Lvl. 1 Goomy for another Lvl. 1 Fennekin (w/o innapropriate nickname)

Then, my 2000th Wonder Trade:
I traded a Lvl. 8 Budew for a Lvl. 4 Pansage.

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
Wonder Trade hates me. I only get like Weedles and Scatterbugs. So no guilt for me really, haha.

It's a really cool feature though.

Scatterbug is what I get most excited about now lol. I can't wait to evolve it to see what form it is. Any that aren't Modern (the only kind I can catch) I save either for my own collection or if I already have it I save to trade with somebody else that might need it.

At this point I have all the starters, most foreign, all the fossils and all X version exclusives (I have Y). I even have doubles of foreign Pokemon to trade. I still like receiving foreign Pokemon but Scatterbug gets me excited.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
I hope you realize that the Fennekin was Shauna the NPC's. You get the starter yours is super effective against when you beat the elite 4. The person who traded must of had a Greninja.
Be aware that this was before I beat the E4. How would I know it was from the NPC Shauna (she is forgettable, so I didn't remember her.)? I was avoiding spoilers.

Peter Quill

Star-Lord, Legendary Outlaw
Years
I give away Charmanders through Wonder Trade. They all have egg moves so I don't feel guilty at all. Well, I haven't gotten anything good out of it yet so there's that. xD

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 26, 2013
I don't feel guilty. Sometimes I get/give bad pokemon and sometimes I get/give good pokemon. It's a gamble I am willing to take, especially to fill out my pokedex. Especially awesome trade was when I got a level 50 Yveltal since I play Pokemon X.

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
I don't feel guilty. Sometimes I get/give bad pokemon and sometimes I get/give good pokemon. It's a gamble I am willing to take, especially to fill out my pokedex. Especially awesome trade was when I got a level 50 Yveltal since I play Pokemon X.

I am so jealous of you. I haven't gotten anything amazing like that.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
If you get a Scatterbug, quickly evolve to Spewpa and Vivillon and see if you have that kind yet. Evolving it sticks it in your Dex.

I have to figure out how to get Eggs of all of them. That will be more challenging.

Years
I don't. Anyone who puts out a good pokemon realize they might get something not quite as good.
The only time I felt guilty was when I got a shiny Ledyba. I'm not a big bug type fan, so I put it back on WT to someone who might appreciate it more than me.

Years
Scatterbug is what I get most excited about now lol. I can't wait to evolve it to see what form it is. Any that aren't Modern (the only kind I can catch) I save either for my own collection or if I already have it I save to trade with somebody else that might need it.

At this point I have all the starters, most foreign, all the fossils and all X version exclusives (I have Y). I even have doubles of foreign Pokemon to trade. I still like receiving foreign Pokemon but Scatterbug gets me excited.

So evolving them is kinda like KinderEggs? Because with KinderEgggs you don't know what you're gonna get ethier.

Years
I figure that anyone who doesn't want what I send them over Wonder Trade can just send it to someone else. I've put some Fennekins with hidden abilities in and gotten Pikachus and other normal 'mons, but that's okay, too. I just like the randomness of it all. If I feel a little guilty I'll just give the person some o-power as an extra thanks.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I figure that anyone who doesn't want what I send them over Wonder Trade can just send it to someone else. I've put some Fennekins with hidden abilities in and gotten Pikachus and other normal 'mons, but that's okay, too. I just like the randomness of it all. If I feel a little guilty I'll just give the person some o-power as an extra thanks.
I've actually done this as well. I got a Lairon (Mountain Dex #100, Aron evolution) and I was meanwhile trading something I got from a prior trade attempt. I gave an O-Power as thanks. I've promised myself not to pull it out until I'm closer in level to the Lairon. I also have a Golem that originated from Victory Road somewhere, but the position in the Dex suggests there are more earlier and lower-leveled given how they number them in this region. If I find an opposite gender, I might catch it for breeding purposes later if I think of a breeding project for it.

Years
  • Seen Jun 12, 2016
I like the wonder trade its fun and the more pokemon not form the usa i get the more shinies i can get by masuda method so i have no guilt what so ever....though i must say evolving inkay is like super cool

Last edited:
Years
yeah guilt comes with it both ways, for example I traded a squirtle, and got a Slowpoke, I felt guilty because I was expecting a Mew (lol I know, it was my first wonder trade, but I copped with it because I actually didn't have a slowpoke).

and as for your case, I would trade an absol level 63 for an eevee level 1 any day ;p so don't worry, I am sure who ever got that eevee is jumping around from happiness ;p I know I would've ;p

casualCasualty

Super High School Level Fairy
Years
Wonder trade is so cool though! I have a lot of fun with it, and I don't feel guilty in the slightest. Honestly, I've been breeding bagons, noibats and dratini just to send out on to the wonder trade (while doing the masuda method of course oops), and getting pretty good pokemon back on my first try. Besides, most people prefer "untouched" pokes. I just love how it helps you fill up your pokedex with minimal effort hehe.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 27, 2013
I LOVE Wonder Trade! I love the random pokemon that you might get and especially pokemon from other countries. I always send out good pokemon so people don't feel cheated on the other end.

So far I've gotten:
Fennekin lvl 1
2 lvl 1 Froakie
Quagsire lvl 30
Mightyena lvl 35
Staravia lvl 27
Geodude lvl 28
Japanese Kirlia lvl 29
Japanese Marill lvl 14
Japanese Gible lvl 1
Japanese Deerling lvl 1
Spain Snubbull lvl 20
Spain Gible lvl 17
German Pansear lvl 4
Italian Gyarados lvl 30
Honedge lvl 1
Makuhita lvl
Duskull lvl 1
Gothorita lvl 50

Each one has incredible moves.

Years
I traded a Bunnelby on Wonder Trade and got a Lv. 57 Poliwhirl (Now a Poliwrath) with good IVs and EVs in return. I felt VERY guilty. ;___;

Back