• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

what main advices do you have for PC?

Years
Shower us with your wisdom and guide us with your life lessons.

I'll start: Talk to your teachers and counselors and coaches. They know a lot about a lot of stuff and (most of them) can give you good advice and help you get through school if you're having trouble with something relating to school and often even stuff not relating to school.

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
Years
Be open-minded when you travel. Countries are made for the people who live there to feel comfortable, not for you; learn to adapt.

Focus on your strengths. Understand what your strengths are, and focus on doing things where you can grow these strengths and use them well.

"Describe your strengths and weaknesses" - for every three strengths you write down, write down one area of improvement. This helps you to 1) better identify your strengths, 2) focus on using your strengths, and 3) focus on improving yourself in specific ways, rather than being overwhelmed with all the things you might not be the best at. Refer to them as 'areas of improvement' rather than 'weaknesses' - it's a mental trick, the former shows that you have control over improving them and is more positive language.

Last one for now - understand how you learn. I caught up with a friend recently and she was talking to me about how she listens to podcasts when she drives to the station and how much she's learnt from them. I tried that and struggled to retain any information, but realised that's because I learn when I write things down, so I started listening to podcasts with a book in my hand so I can jot down notes.

lmk if you guys have any questions on these, will share more later.

Last edited:

string555

Banned
Years
Learn to let go of your anger. It can take a lot to learn to just let it go, there's many times when you're angry where you feel like just completely chewing someone out. But most of the time, if you just let it go, you will realize that you weren't thinking clearly before, and you'll feel better about it.

In the process of learning to let go of your anger, it may be a good idea to direct it into something else, such as exercising. If you think about the way it feels in that process that lessens your anger, then you can get a better idea of how to let go of it.

Can't say if this will work for others, but it definitely helped me. I've had many opportunities to verbally rip someone apart, but instead chose not too and felt better about it. :D

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
To be human is to constantly change. The desire to remain as you are is what ultimately limits you.

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
my school counselors were terrible at their job

Some advice in relation to the thread: don't be condescending. and be nice to others. Follow your dreams, stand up for yourself and always try to do the right thing

Last edited:

Vragon

Don't compare yourselves to others or think you are talentless due to others having skill you don't have.

I heard some wise bit of words a while ago that I think I should share (pardon if I don't have them completely right, but it is the same concept if not slightly paraphrased)

"A fish is a genius at swimming, but if you judge by its ability to walk on land it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid"

Everyone has talents and abilities to use them in ways that only they can. You all are unique no matter who you are. One more for you lot

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." – Oscar Wilde

Good day!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
I think you should listen to what people older than you tell you about their experiences or if they give you advice about a situation you're in take it in instead of thinking you know everything. I know when I was 15-20ish I felt like I knew what I was doing and people like my parents and other adults didn't know what they were talking about. But now I realize how immature and ignorant I was to a lot of things and that when older people give you advice it comes from having more experience than you and having lived through similar situations

Cariad

world.search(you);
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Oct 25, 2023
the internet actually kinda sucks! spend more time offline if u can - read, draw, write, do schoolwork, go outside, spend time w/ other ppl, watch tv, play videogames... staying on social media all day can rly be bad for your health if done for years on end. speaking from experience orz

also do ur homework early

Star-Lord

withdrawl .
Years
People need to realize that life is going to throw them curve balls that they're never going to expect. These turn into experiences that can dramatically alter your life and worldview (hopefully for the better). Always be open to learning from your experiences and keep the memory of that going forward.

Back