• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
Is the script type correct? As in, type 02 (it says something about validating values)-- and, check if the map has other scripts that resets offsets or pointers and if it does, delete said script.

Yes the script type is [02] and my map doesn't have other level scripts. I'm using JPAN's Engine.

Aemirch

Hobbler
Years
Yes the script type is [02] and my map doesn't have other level scripts. I'm using JPAN's Engine.
Ouch. Weird stuff happens sometimes there. Can you do this? Compile the script into another, clean ROM and see what happens. If it works then it's JPAN's engine. If it doesn't... then we still have an issue with the variable you're using.

Shadowraze

ur mum
Years
Ouch. Weird stuff happens sometimes there. Can you do this? Compile the script into another, clean ROM and see what happens. If it works then it's JPAN's engine. If it doesn't... then we still have an issue with the variable you're using.

No, JPAN's engine doesn't have any conflict with level scripts I have tried it myself and it works.

@robin22gongon

It's most probably the var that you're using or you may have not done this in the proper way.

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=279345

Follow the guide I made there if you follow it right I'm sure that level script of yours will work.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
No, JPAN's engine doesn't have any conflict with level scripts I have tried it myself and it works.

@robin22gongon

It's most probably the var that you're using or you may have not done this in the proper way.

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=279345

Follow the guide I made there if you follow it right I'm sure that level script of yours will work.
Actually that's what I followed throughout making the script. It really, actually works. It's just that I don't want it repeated again and again every time I enter the map.

Shadowraze

ur mum
Years
Actually that's what I followed throughout making the script. It really, actually works. It's just that I don't want it repeated again and again every time I enter the map.

Didn't you saw my previous post do not use 0x4000 as your var if you don't want your script to be repeated again and again everytime you enter the map.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
Use 0x40F8. There is soooo little chance it has been used, it isn't funny.

Is there still a chance some vars are still not safe even if I use JPAN's Engine?

Oh and also how do I make that automatically black? The screen. When I use the script I used with fadescreen 0x1, it still shows the screen before it fades to black. What I wanted to do is automatically black. Let me know if I don't make sense.

Last edited:

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
Anyone know the location of the ruby and emerald special tables? I got FR already.

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
Is there still a chance some vars are still not safe even if I use JPAN's Engine?

Oh and also how do I make that automatically black? The screen. When I use the script I used with fadescreen 0x1, it still shows the screen before it fades to black. What I wanted to do is automatically black. Let me know if I don't make sense.

The restrictions on vars are the same with his engine. So, only vars up 0x40FF are safe.

Ummm, I do understand you. I looked through the command list and I don't see anything that will do it without a fade. You may need to write a small ASM routine for it.

Or, I just had another idea, you could create a completely black room and hide the player. Then you could warp and show the player when you are done with your messages.

Anyone know the location of the ruby and emerald special tables? I got FR already.

The easiest way to do this is to go to the location of the special 0x0 (heal pokemon) in a FR rom and copy the bytes at the beginning of the routine up to the first pointer. (16 bytes should be a good length) Then go search in an RSE rom for that line (make sure you only get one result) and then turn the location of the data into a pointer and search for that. The only location of this pointer should be the beginning of the table.

Last edited:

kearnseyboy6

Aussie's Toughest Mudder
Years
  • Seen Jun 22, 2019
Or, I just had another idea, you could create a completely black room and hide the player. Then you could warp and show the player when you are done with your messages.

This is an awesome idea ^^^. I have made mini videos by warping a player to a black tile and moving the camera. The possibilities are endless.

A question though, sometime simple talking scripts on people don't work, instead using talking scripts from another person in the map. Even though the script offsets are different they still run the same commands... Anyone else had this problem?

Years
  • Seen Jun 7, 2013
Hi there,
This is my first time posting here, so I hope I'm asking in the right place.
I am a complete noob regarding Pokemon hacking, but I'm trying to learn and this is what I'm doing:

I grabbed an original FireRed ROM and with WindHex I am translating dialogue to a different language. I have found a table to translate hex values to normal letters and have been doing great with it, because it lets me pretty much edit every word and title in the game.
My question is: I would like to make every Pokemon from the first 150 catchable in FireRed. Is this doable?
For example, I'd like to make Bellsprouts and other LeafGreen exclusives to appear as wild Pokemon (let's say in Route 10 and Safari Zone). Is there a way to do this?
I've searched a lot here on the forum, but I couldn't find an answer. Maybe I'm not looking in the right places though, I bet this is asked a lot.

GoGoJJTech

Years
You could use advance map, you make maps edit wild pokemon data, create events, all sorts of stuff. It's also very user friendly so you should have no problem witb it. If you need help send me a message and ill help you, no problem ;)

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
Hi there,
This is my first time posting here, so I hope I'm asking in the right place.
I am a complete noob regarding Pokemon hacking, but I'm trying to learn and this is what I'm doing:

I grabbed an original FireRed ROM and with WindHex I am translating dialogue to a different language. I have found a table to translate hex values to normal letters and have been doing great with it, because it lets me pretty much edit every word and title in the game.
My question is: I would like to make every Pokemon from the first 150 catchable in FireRed. Is this doable?
For example, I'd like to make Bellsprouts and other LeafGreen exclusives to appear as wild Pokemon (let's say in Route 10 and Safari Zone). Is there a way to do this?
I've searched a lot here on the forum, but I couldn't find an answer. Maybe I'm not looking in the right places though, I bet this is asked a lot.
Hey there,

Well so far, you've been doing an exactly similar thing - working out with data with a hex editor. You could easily re-write the wild pokemon data for every area the exact same way but there are in-game specific tools for that so you don't have to hex edit everything.

In fact, you can do almost any beginner-friendly thing with a game specific tool (not that you'd learn much by doing it that way...). Anyway, AdvanceMap is the tool you'd be looking for.

Years
Yeah, do as miksy said and download some tools from the tools forum. Rom hacking using tools is already time consuming, so doing everything in hex will be just life consuming!

Years
  • Seen Jun 7, 2013
Well gogojjtech and miksy91, I feel dumb now x)
I read that tool's name so many times and I never actually downloaded it because I thought it was only to modify map sprites and appearance.
Thanks for the tip, apparently the answer was right in front of me. Cheers!

red5677

Non-Existent Elite Four Champ
Years
You can create a sequence in which givepokemon is utilized.

As for the originally programmed choosing of Pokemon, you'd have to Hex Edit/A-Text the special.
Would I have to do a multi-choice thing? (Like would you like This..This..or this?) I've already edited what pokemon there are, and I changed the text using A-Text....soo now what?

GoGoJJTech

Years
Well gogojjtech and miksy91, I feel dumb now x)
I read that tool's name so many times and I never actually downloaded it because I thought it was only to modify map sprites and appearance.
Thanks for the tip, apparently the answer was right in front of me. Cheers!

Yeah, Advance Map is pretty cool. Well, you should download as many tools as possible to make your life easier!

GoGoJJTech

Years
There is already a patch made, its here somewhere because i already put it in my games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back