• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon DarkViolet (Full Version Released)

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
In regards to the new Generation 6 Mewtwo-related Pokemon (possibly just a forme of Mewtwo), I've decided that I will continue on with my hack as I would have prior to the reveal of this Pokemon. When further details arise, I may make necessary changes to the plot just to make sure nothing contradicts Pokemon X & Y. (Even though I've mentioned before that DarkViolet is a separate canon from the Pokemon games, I would like to think of it more as an alternative canon that leads into the official Gen V-VI canon)

I take it that the Mansion is going be heavily altered and will have something to do with the plot of the game huh?

Nice.
The Pokemon Mansion will be more or less the same. Except that all of the existing diaries will be condensed into one, since it makes more sense. And a separate diary can also be found, providing information on Mew and Cerulean Cave.

Anyway, just dropping by to say the screenshots look outstanding, as usual, and I can't wait to play the next version. As always if I can be of help in one way or another, feel free to call on me! :D
Thanks! I don't think I've mentioned this on here yet, but as I've mentioned on RHO:

Due to the fact that I've lost a copy of Alpha 1, and that the link expired, I will be releasing an Alpha 2, which will go up to Pewter City (as well as including Pewter City, meaning you can fight Brock and stuff).

Hands down the best hack in subforum and definitely top 5 on the whole site. Definitely lookin' good. My favorite thing so far is the battle grounds (wish I had thought about editing the look of them as opposed to just importing the DPPtHGSS ones :P) Is there a particular reason you're using the Emerald OWs over the FR ones? just wondering.
I'm using R/S/E styled OWs because I don't like how cartoony FR/LG OWs look, in my opinion. And you might also notice that in the tiles of this game, I tried to mimic the R/S/E art style, simply because I like it more. That's a personal decision that's not going to change.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
Hey I just read the whole first page:
What's this First Person View in FR/LG or HG/SS?

Darkest Shade of Light

Pokémon Midnight Sun
Years
I think he's referring to the cutscene-esque thing you get when entering Viridian Forest, most caves, and etc. I remember upon walking into Viridian Forest you would get a fullscreen picture that was supposed to be the opening to the forest. Let me know if I make zero sense.
Anyways, quite a promising hack, and can't wait for the release of Alpha 2, seeing as how I wasn't around while Alpha 1 was up

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 3, 2015
As usual the screenshots for this look awesome.

I can't wait for the completion of this. Or at least a beta, take your time though.

El Diabeetus

Amateur Voice Actor / ROM Editor ('Hacker')
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 10, 2020
Serebii has revealed that via CoroCoro, that is a new Mewtwo form, not a new Pokémon.

El Diabeetus

Amateur Voice Actor / ROM Editor ('Hacker')
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 10, 2020
Don't worry, I check Serebii regularly. This new Mewtwo Forme isn't really a big deal, DarkViolet doesn't really need it.
I figured, but wanted to see what the final verdict on it was. Then again, we don't know how it fits in X/Y. Haha!

Years
I don't know abt anyone else but if this new Mewtwo form is catchable in X and Y, I will leave it as it's original form and not bother about changing it's form.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Enough Mewtwo talk. The only reason why I was a bit worried about the new Mewtwo Forme is because I was worried something could contradict DarkViolet's plot. But then I realized in my plot, Mewtwo's backstory in DarkViolet is exactly the same as the official games, meaning that in order for there to be a conflict, they would have to contradict the official games as well, which they're not going to do.

So end of Gen VI Mewtwo discussion. Also there's no point in suggesting plot ideas, since I've already written out the entire plot.

@hackstar: No, just no... This is NOT a sequel to FireRed :/ This is my Generation I game.

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 3, 2015
2-8_zpscce46576.png

On a better note, I love the new world map look. <3

Years
take time with this hack....I am sure this will be the best firered hack of all

how much progress you made so far?

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Seen May 23, 2013
this is the best hack I've ever seen! 100% truth! Cannot wait to play alpha 2, as I only just found the thread so alpha 1 isn't available! :)

kinataki

david tennant so much!
Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2014
1.png

can you.. do something about font? it really looks a bit weird to me :(

Teanji

Wielder of the Sol Blade!
Years
This hack looks really promising, can't wait to try out a demo, really like the tileset.

Years
  • Seen Jul 9, 2013
i hope you're goin' to implement physical/special split in this hack.
Btw, the screenies look good

Back