• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guy

just a guy
Years
I sincerely hope something new is shared with us soon. I'm getting a little antsy in anticipation waiting for whatever is to come next.

It wouldn't surprise me if it's the reveal of the highly speculated new Eeveelution. Speculation for that has been going on for quite some time now ever since Eevee and its evolutions have all been so frequently promoted as of late. However, the silhouette being in the form of a person and not that of a Pokémon does make me doubt myself on it being a Pokémon reveal.

Last edited:

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
Oh man, getting hyped. I really do hope we get new eeveelutions. I don't use them often but when I do I have a fun time in-game.

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

Yeah, but I REALLY doubt it. Game freak never ever utilized a system's capabilities to it's best/fullest, and that's why I'm not expecting anything.

To be honest, I'm gonna end up getting Dragon Quest 7 3DS instead anyway...if it gets localized. At least that one looks charming. I'm gonna watch my brother play X/Y. (it's what I did for B/W2 and thank god for that because from what I saw it's really lackluster.)

Argh, so much hate in this post. Gamefreak utilized the DS's capabilities to the maximum in fifth gen, that's what the DS could achieve. So pretty much your first statement is redundant. You can't expect that Gamefreak is going to come out first try with out of the ball park graphics, but look how much 5th gen has improved of 4th gen, graphics wise. And by the way, BW2 was no where near lacklustre, read the reviews. 9.6 on IGN means it's good, not bad.

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
Yeah, but I REALLY doubt it. Game freak never ever utilized a system's capabilities to it's best/fullest, and that's why I'm not expecting anything.

To be honest, I'm gonna end up getting Dragon Quest 7 3DS instead anyway...if it gets localized. At least that one looks charming. I'm gonna watch my brother play X/Y. (it's what I did for B/W2 and thank god for that because from what I saw it's really lackluster.)

You are aware the games come out in 9 months yea? Meaning what we saw isn't final hence the point of this thread i.e. we are all speculating including you.

While you may have been disappointed watching Black/White 2, which were actual improvements over Black/white, I don't understand why be this abysmal over an unreleased game that most people agree looks pretty good in its unfinished state.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Hey, he has his own opinion. I can respect that.

Anyways, I do hope it's a new Eeveelution too. Or just something new in general - I've really want more info about these games. ;____;

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

Hey, he has his own opinion. I can respect that.

Anyways, I do hope it's a new Eeveelution too. Or just something new in general - I've really want more info about these games. ;____;

Yeah, we need more information. We've pretty much speculated about everything we already know, so we need some new information to keep us going and excited! n_n

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
Yea, I'm all for having opinions but when they're based on unfinished content--there's no point but ah well I digress...

I really would love some new information.

blue

gucci
Years
A Ghost type Eeveelution would fit in with the Espeon/Umbreon click so it seems pretty plausible. If not a Ghost then I'd love a Flying type.

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
I could see that happening but then we also have the theory that it should be Dragon type next due to it being the last "Special" based type without an eeveelution right?

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Suggested name for possible Eeveelution: Wispeon (Ghost-type).

Hmm. We could have a whole thread complete with fanart about this in General.

Cyclone

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Well is it is ghost, then yeah, I imagine that it''ll start with something that represents ghost-like qualities, or something that describes a ghost~

Like Specture, or Spooky, or whatever!

François2

#FutureSun&MoonMod
Years
I sincerely hope something new is shared with us soon. I'm getting a little antsy in anticipation waiting for whatever is to come next.

As am I, but I don't know why. I don't remember being half as excited about Gen V but here I am getting depressed about how slow the info is coming out for VI. I feel as if the info release for B/W was much more gradual than the "short burst followed by nothing" we have for this, but I am probably incorrectly remembering.

Re: the Eevee chat, I'm still waiting on Toxeon. Above any other type I want a poison Eevee.

François2

#FutureSun&MoonMod
Years
Well for me a lot of the weaknesses the type has can be quite easily glossed over by the creation of a poison-type weather. But that's quite a common idea when discussing helping the type. If Toxeon was a physical equivalent to Espeon and could induce a hypothetical poison-type weather, it could be quite the beast. Or they could make it Umbreon with swapped defensive stats, but that would be far less fun.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I'm thinking the most plausible would be a Ghost-type, if not maybe a Fighting-type one? I see fighting as quite likely...
IN THIS CORNER...weighing 300 pounds and current Eeveeweight champion...here is KABLAMEON!

(Hm, maybe not...)

Cyclone

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Except poison-type weather would be a huge double-edged sword, at least how I imagine it. Would it operate like any other weather, hitting for a certain number of damage each turn, or would it poison your opponent's Pokemon? I can see it working out like the former, and having only poison-types immune to it, but the latter seems like it could definitely backlash a lot. x_x;

It can be, but look at the potential positives! Maybe it can be like... acid rain, where it can function like hail/sandstorm with poison and steel types being the only one who resists it. Same goes if it poisons pokemon.

It can have a lot of viable properties like counter-stalling, or poison sweeping, etc. Well, yeah, it might be a little tough to use in practice, but it can be good!

François2

#FutureSun&MoonMod
Years
I was thinking:
50% boost to poison attacks
Damage to non-poisons per turn (except steel?)
Steel types no longer immune (in which case the passive damage would effect the steel types)

If GameFreak wanted to go really wild they could like, give each poison type attack a 30% chance of inflicting bad poisoning, or something. And there could be Swift Swim/Solar Power/Rain Dish equivalents, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back