• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2011] Pokémon Ruby Destiny - Life of Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Apr 19, 2013
Open up a copy in a hex editor and change the header back to what it is in a vanilla Ruby ROM- near as I can tell, all the structures are in the same place, so this is all you need to do. Alternatively, open up romdata.ini and append the following:

Spoiler:

Better idea- download pokemon header editor, edit to AXVE, then edit.
if you already have a .sav or a .sgm file you will need to edit it back to RDLG when you are done.
or, edit YAPE's .ini file so it looks for RGLG instead of AXVE.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Open up a copy in a hex editor and change the header back to what it is in a vanilla Ruby ROM- near as I can tell, all the structures are in the same place, so this is all you need to do. Alternatively, open up romdata.ini and append the following:

Spoiler:
Or just simply download RHEA?

Years
  • Seen Oct 27, 2012
If I might ask, could someone tell me how to get each of the endings, what happens in each ending, and what are the benefits and consequences of each? If you wish to not spoil it for others, you can send me a private message. Thank you very much

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
Hey DJG, remember when I sent a friend's file with the glitch that Rayquaza wouldn't battle him and you said you couldn't load his file? I just got another copy of his save so you can try again.

I wanted to include a savestate of the same file, but Pokecommunity won't let me upload svs files. Anyways, it's from the PSP's emulator gpSP, I don't know if that kind of savestate is compatible with anything you have.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2019
I've been trying to get an espeon and an Umbreon for like a week, and finaly got my espeon earlier. Now, even if the clocks mark "PM", my other eevee still evolves into Espeon, instead of Umbreon. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
If I might ask, could someone tell me how to get each of the endings, what happens in each ending, and what are the benefits and consequences of each? If you wish to not spoil it for others, you can send me a private message. Thank you very much
Endings are pretty much the same. The only difference is the Route Pokémon.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Really? Route Pokemon are affected by the story choice? What different kinds of Pokemon are found?
I think I get it. If you go through the story one way, you go to one version of Route X as scripted to happen at the map edge, but if you go through the other way, you'll go to another version as scripted. If that variable were "GoodGuy", then "GoodGuy=true" would go to Map 38, and "GoodGuy=false" would go to Map 76. For instance.

Interesting twist.

Cyclone

Years
  • Seen May 30, 2013
Really? Route Pokemon are affected by the story choice? What different kinds of Pokemon are found?

Choosing to ally with the rangers will open up cyberspace, which will allow you to catch Suvir.
Choosing to ally with Team Earth will allow you to catch Dohydra at a cave after Mt. Krystal.
Choosing to ally with neither will allow you to catch Sprizzle during the storyline at Fruits' Basket.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Oh those. I thought route Pokemon meant wild Pokemon in the grass.
Nonetheless, it would have been a somewhat cool idea. ;)

So in each case, the other two Pokémon (or whatever they are) never become available? i.e. they don't all become individual storyline finds, then all available post-game?

Cyclone

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
Nonetheless, it would have been a somewhat cool idea. ;)

So in each case, the other two Pokémon (or whatever they are) never become available? i.e. they don't all become individual storyline finds, then all available post-game?

Cyclone

Nope, you have to trade to get more choice-related Pokemon like those three, Shaymin/Giratina, Breatherna/Deazone, etc.

Years
  • Seen Oct 27, 2012
I have a glitch where, after facing giratina and before facing zah, the screen starts shaking through the dialog. After the battle with zah the screen stops shaking, but it is stuck wherever it was before the match. And after the battle, credits, etc, I see that half of my pokemon in my boxes have been turned into bad eggs? Please help?

Last edited:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Oh yeah... I forgot that roads are called Routes...
I meant those 3 Ach mentioned.
You see... in Visual Novels the flow from the beggining to the end is called Route so I just used it =D
Since you have 3 Routes - bad, good, neutral =D
Sorry for misleading =D

Years
I've been trying to get an espeon and an Umbreon for like a week, and finaly got my espeon earlier. Now, even if the clocks mark "PM", my other eevee still evolves into Espeon, instead of Umbreon. Does anyone know how to fix this?
Check Real Time clock settings and I think someone already answered to this question previously

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I've checked in real time clock, but it still doesn't change anything... Any other ideas?
Delete your .sav and all save states and restart the game from scratch (don't repatch, just start playing as if you've never played).

(Optional: you don't have to delete save states, just don't use them!)

At least, I presume you have to restart the ROM for it to take effect. If I am wrong, someone PLEASE correct me. I know this is the case for 128k Flash save type being put into effect.

As a side note, in another hack I was playing in the evening and got an Espeon. It may just be that Umbreon's time for appearing via evolution is late - like, after midnite.

Cyclone

Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2019
Damn... Ah well, looks like I'll have to start again...

And Alien Hunter: Moon stones don't exist in LoG, since I tried to get one via cheats.

Guys how can I evolve Scyther ??
Through level. Destined posted a list on this thread a while ago with all alternate evolution methods and fakemon evolutions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back