• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you use Legendaries to battle the Elite Four?

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 5, 2016
I never use them in general. It's not fun just training a Legend and rolling through the game. And post game, I forget about them. There novelty items for me, just catch and box, just because.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
Yes, I use them sometimes. Why? Because I went through all the trouble to catch them, so I am going to use them. Why would I catch a legendary and not use it? ._.

Years
Before and during Sapphire I did all of the time, but since then, I don't use any legendaries on my team until after my first couple of runs through the Elite Four. After that, I might add a legendary or two to my team if I'm trying to level up some of my weaker Pokemon, but even then I use them sparingly.

Froslass

Ice Champion
Years
As for me, I don't really like using them to battle the Elite Four, or battle anything. I prefer my wild Pokemon that I have trained up, when I used a legendary, it doesn't seem right, and I don't like them that much, surprisingly enough. The only time I really use them is when I have just got them, and I test them out, other than that I just leave them.

von Weltschmerz

the first born unicorn
Years
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
When I owned the games... I was a very haphazard Pokemon trainer. Wanting to beat it, I disliked spending time leveling and otherwise grinding. As a result... all but my starter were thoroughly untrained... My starter actually being "ovetrained" if you will. With maybe another falling a good 5-ish levels short of being "on par." If I didn't supplement my team with the legendary Pokemon... I was pretty much screwed unless I wanted to buy 99 max revives/full restores and do a lot of soft resets until I can claim victory... ;s Yeah. If I played now though, I would not use the legendaries as I would actually be interested in forming a balanced team.

#isthenumbersign
Years
As of late, I've been making sure to fill up my team with 6 pokemon before I capture any legendaries, so I won't be tempted to use them. :P It gets old after multiple reruns through the games anyways.

Frenchy-Arcanine

Fire-anger
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 23, 2013
I don't like legendaries because I think they are too powerful, I prefer do the game with a team of 6 "normal" pokémons

PiemanFiddy

Dark-Type Gym Leader
Years
I only use my wild pokemon/starter against the Elite Four. When I beat it, I tend to use my legendaries at base level just to see how badly I can screw them up on the 2nd time around. :D

gossamer

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 26, 2013
I don't, I use Pokemon I catch and train throughout the game! ^^

LividZephyr

Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks
Years
I have not since my first run of Sapphire. Most of the storyline legendaries are too powerful and make my life too easy. I want a challenge. It's more fun that way.

SoulSilver10112

George the Poliwag
Years
  • Seen Jun 30, 2013
Occasionally I use a legendary. I use my Mewtwo to beat the Elite Four while my weaker Pokemon have EXP. Shares, so they can level up quickly.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
NO.

My legendaries are always caught and straight away sent to the PC and are waiting to see the light.

Years
Yeah, I have to say I always have at least one legendary in my team, but I never use it because my starter's level is way higher than the E4's pokemon. So technically I never use legendaries to beat the E4. ^^

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I probably did when I was younger but these days I don't, I just use my Pokemon in-game because legendaries take too much effort to catch anyways. /lazy

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Wow, and here I thought I'd be the only one who didn't use legendaries whenever I could help it. It's nice not to be in the minority on this point. So... yeah. Apart from when I was younger, I really try to avoid using legendaries at any point of the game. And that goes for the E4 as well. To me, they kinda cheapen the game; the effort spent in catching them isn't really worth the value that they'll bring to a team, so I don't bother. It always gives me a perverse sense of glee to make them faint when in the wild! :D

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
It depends on the game and who's available. I didn't use Genesect in BW2 though, even though I got it. I do have the Latias from the Dreamyard in my team, but I don't really feel like that counts since I'm going through the post-E4 portion of the game.

Other than that, only time I can think of using a starter was Articuno in Red Version, Suicune in Crystal, and Entei, Suicune, and Raikou in Colosseum on the GameCube.

Years
  • Seen Nov 29, 2012
I'm usually too attached to my team to give one up for a legendary, but I did have a fondness for Articuno in Gen 1.

Back