• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Your Favourite Legendary?

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
The 4th Generation, in many people's opinion was packed with legendaries. Everywhere you went, you almost always bumped into some powerful creature with special moves and a unique appearance. Some were big and others tiny, some stats were beastly others were just better than normal.

Which legendary did you find you had a fondness for? What makes you like them? Nostalgia, design, moves, storyline behind it, what is your reason :3? For me I always found I had a love for cute Shaymin. I don't know why honestly, it's cuteness was something I treasured and it's sky form I found cool and sleek. Besides, Grass types are amazing and we seriously need more grass legendaries ;_;.

So who's your favourite legendary of the 4th Gen and why?

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Out of the 4th Gen legendaries I'd have to say my favourite would be either Girantina (Origin Form) or the lake trio -- in particular Uxie. I loved Girantina's sleek design and it's particularly epic to battle in Platinum. I also like the lake trio because of their battle music, not only is it dramatic but it's catchy. Their appearance are good too, and I particularly like their backstory. (Intelligence, Willpower, Emotion etc).

Years
I love most of Sinnoh's Legendaries due to cuteness and downright epicness.

The Lake Trio (Uxie, Mesprit & Azelf) along with Shaymin and Manaphy are super-adorable and also Dialga, Palkia and Giratina have super-epic designs.

Darkrai also deserves a special mention for its design and good movepool.

Don Bastio

Banned
Years
in all honesty, i can say i hated all of them. unless you count the legendary birds in platinum but those are first gen Pokemon so i don't count them as 4th gen legendarys. my reason for it is it is way to far fetched. look at my sig. it pretty much explains my problems with d/p/pl legendarys

Pinta77

I'd say heatran. I got a shiny one so I really like it =P I always like fire types too

FrostPheonix

Eternity.
Years
My favorite could have been Giratina... but that is kinda cliche. besides, I haven't used him forever, so he's no longer my fav. I would say my favorite was either darkrai or giratina (giratina is still epic) and i just love 'em. move pool, design, all of em. Regigigas and the lake guardians I liked as well, their backstory was cool, and regigigas finally gave a reason to the regis. I found them pointless but cool before.

Years
I wasn't a huge fan of many of this gen's legendaries, but I really did like Giratina's typing of Ghost/Dragon. I didn't really use it for more than maybe 3 battles, but it would top my list of favorites, with Darkrai being a distant second.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Wasn't a fan of any of them at first but eventually I grew to love Shaymin, and like Cresselia and the Lake Trio.

Aeon.

Carrion
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 22, 2016
Either Darkrai, Mesprit or Palkia. Most likely Palkia though.

SilverAbsol

Absol's Shadow
Years
While tempted to say Giratina or Darkrai, I have to say that I found Dialga to be my personal favourite legendary of D/P/Pt.

It seems to have an overwhelming presence when you first encounter it, I absoloutely love the typing of Steel/Dragon, love Roar of Time and just the general design of it is so brilliant.

Giratina was a very close second. Its design is so unique, its entrance to the story is so much better than any other legendary of any generation, and the whole idea of the nature of Giratina is brilliant.

Years
  • Seen Dec 3, 2012
I guess I like Giratina. I don't like the legendaries very much to be honest, they seemed a bit like Digimon to me.

Gino Weinberg

Knight of Three
Years
  • Seen Nov 21, 2012
I actually liked Heatran the most, probably followed by Darkrai and Giratina. Azelf would have to be my favorite of the Lake Trio.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 2, 2016
Gaaaah this is a hard choice.....can't decide between Cresselia and Dialga. :( Cress is so beautiful and I absolutely love her. Definitely one of my favorite Pokemon of all time. At the same time, Dialga's design is amazing and has a cool signature move: Roar of Time. So to choose just one..........I chose you Cress! :)

Reactions: EB

Reddo

Happy!
Years
I like Giratina. All about him is pretty epic. He was forgotten by the myths of Sinnoh (if you see in Diamond and Pearl and some of Platinum, everything talks about space and time), but eventually rises and protects both worlds of Cyrus destruction. His Origin Forme has my favorite design in generation IV legendaries.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
I don't really like any of the Sinnoh legendaries, but Regigigas is the one that stands out the most, to be honest. And I say this not being an admirer of any of the Regis that came before it. I just like its design, and it makes logical sense, even if Gen IV had waaaaaaaay too many legendaries for its own good. This is one I could definitely get behind.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I really wasn't a fan of the amount of legendaries that came with Gen IV (I don't like legendary Pokémon in general so it was never a good sign haha), and especially the amount of event-exclusive legendaries that were introduced was annoying. As for my favourite though, I'd have to go with Darkrai. It's a pretty badass Pokémon and has some quite quirky features about it, some great stats, an interesting signature move & ability, and a very diverse move pool. It's a very fun Pokémon to use with a great design so it's one of the only legendary Pokémon that I do like using, but I like using it a lot. :)

Pryze

Straight chillin
Years
I'd probably say Shaymin, Shaymin-S, specifically. It's fast, powerful, and has a nice design. The perfect Pokemon, to me, at least.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I like Giratina c:
Cool appearance, generally strong, and signature move is just... <3

Shaymin is cute, though. I like how complex Dialga's design is, as well.

Sassy Milkshake

It's ok to cry.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 10, 2013
Cresselia is the best legendary of all time. It's so smooth and shiny and awesome. Words don't do it justice.

Back