• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Official PokéCommunity Tournament #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin Garrett

is a competitor
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 6, 2020
i
Official PokéCommunity Tournament #1 Semifinals

Welcome to the Official PokéCommunity Tournament!

Have you ever wondered how your Pokémon skills stacked up against everyone else? Now is your chance to find out! Everyone is invited to test their Pokémon skills in this tournament. To give every interested member a chance to compete for the title of PokéCommunty's best player, battles will take place on PokéCommunity's Pokémon Online server. For more information on Pokémon Online, click here. I will be hosting this event in cooperation with the forum staff. It will be a single elimination tournament with deadlines lasting approximately 1-2 weeks for each round. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me.

Rules and Regulations

Clauses

Evasion Clause

A player cannot increase their Pokémon's evasion stat with a move that specifically increases evasion. Items or indirect boosts do not break this clause.

OHKO Clause

A player cannot use Horn Drill, Guillotine, Sheer Cold, or Fissure in any of their Pokémon's movesets.

Sleep Clause

A player cannot put two or more different opposing Pokémon to sleep using attacks that induce sleep to opposing Pokémon.

Species Clause

A player cannot have two of the same Pokémon on their team. For example, a player cannot have two Koffing on his or her team.

Wi-Fi Clause

A player can view their opponent's team and change the team order accordingly. This feature is forced in wireless competition.

Ban List

Abilities

Moody Drizzle + Swift Swim on the same team

Items

All items that increase Evasion (BrightPowder, Lax Incense)

Moves

All moves that increase Evasion only (Double Team, Minimize) All instant OHKO moves (Fissure, Guillotine, Horn Drill, Sheer Cold)

Species

Ani493MS.png
Ani257MS.png
Ani491MS.png
Ani386MS.png
Ani386AMS.png
Ani483MS.png
445MS.png
Ani649MS.png
Ani487MS.png
Ani487OMS.png
Ani383MS.png
Ani250MS.png
Ani647MS.png
Ani382MS.png
Ani249MS.png
Ani490MS.png
Ani648MS.png
Ani150MS.png
Ani484MS.png
Ani384MS.png
Ani643MS.png
Ani492SMS.png
Ani644MS.png

Rulings

Identity

Some participants may want to play their games on an alternate account of Pokémon Online. There is nothing I will do to stop this, but I don't want to hear about someone's identity being stolen or being coached how to play through private messages. I will take severe action against either of them.

Scouting

Counterteaming is a common complaint in tournaments. I don't want to hear about it. Don't scout your opponent. There is a difference between knowing someone commonly uses a certain style of team than watching someone's battles to learn exactly what their team is. Participants can play their games with Disallow Spectators and can ask any person to leave their game if they don't want them watching.

Timer Clause

As for taking long between moves, if your opponent asks you to hurry up, please oblige. If you are doing a damage calculation for a key turn that is one thing, but prolonging every move is suspicious and annoying. Don't do it. Furthermore, Battle Timeout is a rule for a reason. If you run out of time, you lose, simple as that. It does not matter what your opponent says. Do not battle if you think you will have to leave in middle of the battle, and instead reschedule for a better time.

Disconnections

Finally, in the case of a disconnect, the decision is in the hands of the player who did not disconnect. The options are: redo the battle move for move, redo the battle with the same teams but different moves, or redo the battle with completely different teams. If the battle was without a doubt over, they may also take the win. Any suspicion that a disconnect was committed on purpose to redo a match may be appealed to me, and if I feel this happened there will be severe consequences, don't do it.

Registration

PokéCommunity Username: Kevin Garrett Pokémon Online Username: Kevin Garrett Time Zone: GMT -5:00

Prize

Champion Emblem This member proved to be the best player on PokéCommunity by winning the official tournament! Given only to the winner of the tournament!

Participants

Round 1

Round 2

Round 3

Quarterfinals

Semifinals

Deadline: September 19, 2011

footer.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
PokéCommunity Username: Wolflare
Pokémon Online Username: wolf
Time Zone: GMT -5 / EST

WOOP.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
KG said:
Just go ahead and post your registration.

PokéCommunity Username: Dark_Azelf
Pokémon Online Username: Dark Azelf
Time Zone: GMT

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Might as well;

PokéCommunity Username: dragonomega
Pokémon Online Username: Bacon Ometeor
Time Zone: GMT

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
PokéCommunity Username: Vrai
Pokémon Online Username: Vrai
Time Zone: CST

This looks like fun. ;o

Tsvet

A wild trainer appears~
Years
I...erh... damn. What a frightful list of registered players.
It's time to get seriously kicked |:

Pokecommunity Username: Tsvet
Pokemon Online Username: Tsvet
Time Zone: GMT -3

Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2011
PokéCommunity Username: Over Yonder
Pokémon Online Username: Over Yonder
Time Zone: GMT -6:00

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
Years
PokéCommunity Username: .Aero
Pokémon Online Username: Aero
Time Zone: GMT -5:00

I guess I'll sign up. D: Lol....why not.

PokeLen

I am Kira
Years
PokéCommunity Username: PokeLen
Pokémon Online Username: Lennybobenny
Time Zone: GMT -5:00

bring it

Years
  • Seen Sep 10, 2011
PokéCommunity Username: Cladstn_Nyanpire
Pokémon Online Username: Cladstn Vampire
Time Zone: GMT -7:00

Couldn't register on the forum with my usual username...
Complications aside I do look forward to this tournament.

Years
  • Seen Mar 17, 2012
PokéCommunity Username: irkanator
Pokémon Online Username: irkanator
Time Zone: GMT -7:00

predicting PDC to take the trophy

.MiKeY

Tank Operator
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 27, 2016
PC username: .MiKeY