• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

⚜ The Grass Type Pokemon Fan Club ⚜

Status
Not open for further replies.

rykerr1

Shiny Fanatic
Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Oct 6, 2012
I would like to join, if that's ok =)

Name: Rykerr1
Partner Pokemon: Sceptile
Reason for joining: I love grass types... especially the Treecko family (Treecko is adorable and Sceptile just looks awesome). I also love Leafeon. A lot of people hate on grass types so I would love a place to talk with other grass type fans.

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Hi rykerr1, thanks for joining!
nice partner pokemon btw
feel free to answer some ongoing questions!!

Years
Which Grass Pokemon do you think has the most interesting typing?

There's a few that deserve a mention. Grass has been paired with so many types.

585.gif
586.gif

Deerling & Sawsbuck
Apart from the seasonal differences in appearance, these deers' typing sure is an interesting one. Normal/Grass may come with an unfortunate mix of weaknesses (Fire, Flying, Bug, Ice, Poison, Fighting) but I loved using this deer on my Black team cos of the nice STAB Return it gets and it learns Jump Kick and Megahorn too.

389.gif

Torterra
Torterra definitely has a quirky typing, but the 4x Ice weakness is a letdown, not to mention its sluggish Speed stat. Grass/Ground is a type combo I've been wanting when Gen 4 was still in development. Still a total tank in-game though!

479-mow.gif

Rotom (Mow Form)
Gen 5 really did bring interesting types courtesy of Rotom's type editing. Grass/Electric is an interesting combo cos it cancels out the Ground weakness most Electric-types possess (even though Rotom has Levitate) not to mention it also cancels the Flying weakness you see on most Grass-types. I saw a fanmade Fakemon with this typing so I hope we might see another one with this typing in Gen 6.

270.gif
271.gif
272.gif

Lotad, Lombre & Ludicolo
As Sector Revenge said, Water/Grass is a type combo that abuses people competitively. Due to this interesting typing, the Lotad line have very little in the way of weaknesses (weak to only Flying, Poison and Bug) and they have helpful abilities too.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
I would like to join, if that's ok =)

Name: Rykerr1
Partner Pokemon: Sceptile
Reason for joining: I love grass types... especially the Treecko family (Treecko is adorable and Sceptile just looks awesome). I also love Leafeon. A lot of people hate on grass types so I would love a place to talk with other grass type fans.

Hey there Rykerr1, welcome nice choice of partner pokemon there! And you've definitely come to the right place, we love grass types here. c:

rykerr1

Shiny Fanatic
Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Oct 6, 2012
Thanks for the welcome guys =) I'll go ahead and answer the question that seems to be popular right now:

Which Grass Pokemon do you think has the most interesting typing?

There are a couple that I would name for this. The Lotad family has an interesting typing (water/grass) that is extremely annoying to deal with. I've never used a Ludicolo on my team, but I feel like I should try sometime because everytime I see one it manages to annoy me with how hard it is to get rid of.

I also think Breloom has interesting typing (grass/fighting). I've used it on teams in Ruby/Sapphire and it does serious damage. Plus, who wouldn't want a fighting mushroom?

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I am going to revive this club, yes?

New topic: There are only three grass-type legendary Pokemon to date - Celebi, Shaymin, and Virizion. Which one is your fave?

Also, how do you feel about the lack of grass-type legendaries? Do you think there should be more?

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
There are only three grass-type legendary Pokemon to date - Celebi, Shaymin, and Virizion. Which one is your fave?
Well this is an interesting topic to say at the least. I'm going to have to say Shaymin..Hold that though. SKYMIN! (Should had been the official name for Sky Shaymin, make it has more originally). Then again I like Celebi's design and Virizion looks cool, but I wouldn't use them in battle. Due to their 4x Weaknesses. Skymin has it too, but her signature move Seed Flare makes her beast!

How do you feel about the lack of grass-type legendaries? Do you think there should be more?
Grass types doesn't really fit the bill with Legendary Pokemon to be honest. I mean, when you think of Grass, you view them as a breezy, calm type of Pokemon. Legendary Pokemon doesn't seem likely for that, there are a few, but look at the others and their fierce look pretty much cancels it out. I mean look at the three we have now, they aren't scary, more so they are in the cute area.

I think we're good on Grass Legendary Pokemon. I wouldn't doubt this is what's left of the Grass Legendary Pokemon, I do see a bit more in the next new Generation when they release. If and when they do, they should probably think about NOT having them those 4x Weaknesses!

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I'm on a tie between Celebi and Virizion. I can't say anything about Shaymin since I haven't been much of a fan of the 4th gen. Celebi is so adorable. If you watch Movie 4 (Pokemon 4ever), you'll fall for this little critter. it'll eat your heart up.

Virizion, however...I love how there's a grass and a fighting type. Pretty tough one indeed. :3

There's a ton of psychic types, dragon, ice, electric, but noooo grass. There should be a few more. It just doesn't seem enough. As Sector mentioned, grass-types are types that are calming... like Shaymin and Celebi, I'd like to see more.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
There are only three grass-type legendary Pokemon to date - Celebi, Shaymin, and Virizion. Which one is your fave?
I don't like Celebi at all so that's an instant no for me, but Shaymin and Virizion hmm... I think Virizion certainly has a more interesting typing and is more useful in battle as a result, but then it dose get a huge Flying type weakness and Fighting/Grass don't really cover each other very well... But then again it gets a great attack range so it's a hard choice! I think I'll have to go with Shaymin due to its cuteness. :D

How do you feel about the lack of grass-type legendaries? Do you think there should be more?
The lack of Poison types upsets me more ;p But nah, honestly I can't really think of any more Grass legendaries that could be added without making them ridiculous. I think really the only Grass legendaries from now on should be types like Grass/Psychic or Grass/Dark because otherwise it's kinda hard to believe that the Grass type has a legendary quality to it. However they did manage to do it with Shaymin and Virizion so it could be interesting to see what they come up with next! But nah, I don't think we really need more right now. :p

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
REVIVING THIS CLUB BRB.

*uses CPR* CLEAR!

New Topic (and I'm not certain if this was asked before but I'll try!) Favorite Grass-Type move and why?

The lack of Poison types upsets me more ;p But nah, honestly I can't really think of any more Grass legendaries that could be added without making them ridiculous. I think really the only Grass legendaries from now on should be types like Grass/Psychic or Grass/Dark because otherwise it's kinda hard to believe that the Grass type has a legendary quality to it. However they did manage to do it with Shaymin and Virizion so it could be interesting to see what they come up with next! But nah, I don't think we really need more right now. :p

A Grass/Dark type legendary would sound pretty sweeeeet. Though I'll agree with you on the first statement. There isn't any good ideas for new legendaries of this time. I'm sure what we have is sufficient. xD

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
i don't think we need more grass type legendaries. A pure Grass legendary would have 5 weaknesses, at least one to a common type (Fire).

droomph

weeb
Years
JOIN JOIN JOIN

Name: Droomph
Partner: Grovyle :DDDDD
Why? BECAUSE. Well, I've always thought Grass type Pokémon were pretty good, and what better excuse than GROVYLE OMGOMG anyways I'm just gi-

Look, I just love Pokémon, and none more than Grass. :D

I hate it Well, there must be a reason for that...just as Avishka said, there's too many weaknesses that too few types can counteract, and a Legendary can't have too many weaknesses. Except for Celebi, because the whole vibe around her is that she's helpless all the time yet powerful on demand. So!

But yeah, if it hasn't been made, there must be a reason behind that.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 12, 2012
Join:
Name: ۩۞۩FusedZekrom۩۞۩
Partner: Simisage
Reason: Grass is one of my favourite type. It always has good designs and cool moves!

About Grass/Dark type legendary....agree with Droomph XD

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
JOIN JOIN JOIN

Name: Droomph
Partner: Grovyle :DDDDD
Why? BECAUSE. Well, I've always thought Grass type Pokémon were pretty good, and what better excuse than GROVYLE OMGOMG anyways I'm just gi-

Look, I just love Pokémon, and none more than Grass. :D

I hate it Well, there must be a reason for that...just as Avishka said, there's too many weaknesses that too few types can counteract, and a Legendary can't have too many weaknesses. Except for Celebi, because the whole vibe around her is that she's helpless all the time yet powerful on demand. So!

But yeah, if it hasn't been made, there must be a reason behind that.

Join:
Name: ۩۞۩FusedZekrom۩۞۩
Partner: Simisage
Reason: Grass is one of my favourite type. It always has good designs and cool moves!

About Grass/Dark type legendary....agree with Droomph XD

Welcome guys. xD

We should totally demand for a Grass/Dark legendary...wasn't there a grass/dark type Pokemon somewhere? I can't remember the name. >_<

ahh droomph, you're the bigger grass-type fan than I am. xD

ALSO GUYS I JUST POSTED A NEW TOPIC. (I guess it was answered already? I'll just answer it just in case lol)

Favorite Grass-Type move and why?
LEAF STORM. I love this move to death. Though it does power down the Special Attack, but it is powerful nonetheless. :3

droomph

weeb
Years
Shiftry, Megan. Shiftry. Unless you're being sarcastic.

My favorite grass move is Other Chat & Discussions the Absorb moves. I don't know why, probably because Treecko learns it at lv. 6 or 7 <3

Years

Energy Ball, cos various Pokemon learn it and it allows good type coverage if you are lacking an actual Grass-type on your team. I teach it to most of my Grass-types, even my Chandelure knows it.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Shiftry, Megan. Shiftry. Unless you're being sarcastic.

My favorite grass move is Other Chat & Discussions the Absorb moves. I don't know why, probably because Treecko learns it at lv. 6 or 7 <3

I couldn't get the name at the top of my head. :(

Energy Ball, cos various Pokemon learn it and it allows good type coverage if you are lacking an actual Grass-type on your team. I teach it to most of my Grass-types, even my Chandelure knows it.

I like Energy Ball too! It's a great move, and like your Chandelure, many non-grass-types can learn this move, which is very useful when you lack a grass-type in your team. Another move I like with this same reason is Grass Knot.

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
I really like Energy Ball, after playing three generations without having a reliable Grass move to use which a lot of Pokemon can learn, fourth generation gave us what was needed. my choice has always been Energy Ball when it comes to a Special Grass move.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
I'm back guys, sorry for leaving out of thin air, been busy with exams and whatnot. But now that I have a 5 week break, I can get back into the dicussions here!

My favourite grass type move and why? -
My favs change all the time, but now, my favourite move would definitely be powerwhip. I was researching Tangrowth's possible moves last night for one of my future RP characters and I think power whip suited perfectly. Now, I just have a little interest and liking toward it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back