• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

PokemonX:Spectrum Island Adventures

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
Hunter looked around.This wasn't the first time he had that dream.He looked around and saw Adran and Pudgey looking at him.

"Sorry.Had a dream.There were some beedrills,I tripped.Every kid from Viridian City's nightmare." He lauged nervously.He hated waking other people up.It made him look like a jerk,but his dream was a recurring flashback from when he was a kid. He always woake up right before a boy clad in red saved him with his old friend Charmander.He was around eleven years old at the time, but the memory was still fresh in his mind.

"It was nothing." he stuttered.

ytfeL

Glorious Strategist
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Sep 25, 2012
Hey everyone, I sent the OP a PM about joining up, wasn't sure if I needed approval before I posted my CS here or not, so I just wanted to be safe. Hopefully I will be joining you all soon!

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
Years
"...wouldn't know. Up in sinnoh I'm more worried about a snowstorm burrying my house." Seph Tried to react as clamy as he could to hunter's scream and rapid response.

"Still be lucky you can sleep with the jet lagg I'm getting I won't sleep for a week." Seph muttered.

He went back to his seat and tried to close his eyes, but as he jsut stated he was too awake. It was still very early back in Sinnoh, and his schedule was all messed up. Not that it ruled his life, but everyone has a bit of order to their chaos. Right now Seph only had Chaos to his Chaos. He grumbeld to himself about airplanes and time zones then rolled over and curled up on the two seats (his and the one next to him) then half fell asleep half passed out.

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
Hunter was really angry. He started grumbling and complained to Adan."When is this plane going to land? I'm getting restless, and so is Inferno." he gestured to his Charmeleon he had released to keep him company.

"We've done nothing but sleep and talk."he had only met two people so far: Adan, and a guy named Seph, who seemed to prefer avoiding social interaction. Hunter struck up conversation everytime he could, and Adan had proved to be a good person to talk with. The only person he hadn't talked with so far was guy behind them, he was Surge's son. "Mallard is probably going to pop out soon, my legs are asleep, there are NO refreshments. We haven't had any time to stretch." he started to list everything that he had a problem with.

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
Years
"Of course there are refreshments. You just gotta know who to ask." Seph mumbled from his half concious state, "Front pocket on my bag. Got three gronla Baa...ZZzzzZzzz..."

Seph was back to more unconciouns that awake. He rolled over again and tried to find some comfert. His dreamless and restless sleep were not helping pass time. After an especially loud yawn Seph attempted to roll over again and fell off his makeshift bed to the floor. He landed on his back and his fedora rolled acorss the aisle.

"UGh... if I do one thing in this life besides become a pro trainer its gonna be cure jetlagg..." Seph grumbled getting up.

"Ground rules on my stuff. You only take what I say you can, and if I don't offer it don't ask about it." Seph said retrieving his fedora and grabbing his bag out of the overhead compartment.

He took out the bag of snack that he hadn't even bothered to touch until now. This may seem a bit strange for an anti social person, but it got one less person to complain if it worked.

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
Hunter normally didn't complain, but for some reason he felt like he should rage. Inferno on the aisle across from him was just sitting there, constantly chanted "Char, Char, Charmeleon" in a sing song voice.

"I just realized something!" Hunter exclaimed with tangible hapiness, ignoring what Seph had just saidm and ran to the back of the plane. Inferno snickered as if he knew something everyone else didn't. Hunter returned with a large bag and a grumpy look. He gave Inferno a look that could kill. "You.Bit.My.Snacks." he said with hate, a pause between each word. He dumped the contents of the bag on the ground to reveal a large variety of snacks ranging from apples to sandwiches with everything on them. There was only one problem. Everything had only one bite out of everything. "WHYYYY??!!" he shouted with sadness. "They were so young!"

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
Years
"Wow... My mom's goldeen has a longer attention span then you." Seph mumbled, "Oh and pro tip. You don't want your pokemon screwing with you make sure you keep your stuff out of their reach. My electabuzz fried my alarmclock so I couldn't turn it off one day."

Seph took his bag back and took out a gronola bar. He munched on that while Hunter spazzed out about his pokemon's prank. Some people were just too dramatic. Seph pulled out Turbine's pokeball and looked at it's gold and black top. He'd paint the ball himself to replicate some of Turbine's markings. Inside was his Electavire. He must have been dying to get out of his tin can too. thank goodness Seph had never known of pokemon with claustraphobia.

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
After Hunter had chewed Inferno out, he returned him to his pokeball. My samiches. He thought to himself. He started to grumble. This hadn't been the first time the Charmeleon had pranked him.

A long time ago, while he was illegally in Cerulean Cave, he had left Inferno to stand guard at the entrance while he woud catch a super rare pokemon, he had been there for a long time, and was about to turn a corne when he heard a terrifying noise. A burst of flames seared the ground and wall right in front of him. Hunter, fearing it was a Charizard or an Arcanine, maybe a Ninetales and gave a womanish scream and ran as fast as he could for the entrance to find the Charmeleon gone. He realized what had happened, and swore to himself Inferno would not forget this.

He returned to reality. "I did, he probably did this before we got on the plane." he grumbled. He saw Seph studying a golden pokeball with marks on it. "Who's your pokemon?" he asked.

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
Years
"As I mentioned I used to have an Electabuzz. I got an Electivire now." seph said tossing the gold ball in the air, and catching it, "His names Turbine. I'd let him out but he's too big for in here. he's only about 5'11" but he's a bit wide. lots of muscle and all that."

Seph was rather good at explaining his pokemon and all his tactics, but it didn't seem like the right tiem to rant on about them. Hunter also didn't seem like he'd be the person who enjoyed them anyways.

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
Hunter wasn't much for paying attention to something he didn't enjoy, but Seph kept it brief and simple. He could do simple. "Inferno is pretty good at close quarters for a Charmeleon, and Mallard is pretty good at long range." he loved talking about his team. He was pretty cocky when he did though. "Viridian Forest is where we trained alot, so we specialize against bug pokemon. Especially Beedrills."

He caught himself before he started to mention the incident. "Electravire huh? I've battled plenty of people with an Electabuzz. Never an Electravire though. The one I remember most is Surge. He was a tough cookie."

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
Years
"Not really. Surge has been known to be one of the easiest gym leaders of all time. The guy built his gym near one of the most common places of finding one of the best Kanto ground types. The guy sets himself up to fail. Besides I'm sure My electivire would roast his electabuzz. Motor drive would stop all of his electric attacks, and Turbine out stats his electabuzz by a hell of a lot." Seph noted from his tactical observations.

"The guy just needs to move his gym to a better spot. Trainers aren't going to stop getting a ground type from diglett cave, so that means surge has to stop leaving himself open to them."

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
Haru smirked. "He may have set himself up, but I beat him with Mallard." he said in an arrogant tone. The Psyduck had miracoulously beaten the Electabuzz using his psychic abilities and the surrounding enviorment. "It was pretty easy." he lied through his teeth.

Meanwhile, Mallard had popped out of his pokeball again, and managed to sneak to the front of the plane and began to watch the pilot in the corner of the cockpit. Inferno noticed this and followed him. The pilot noticed and said "Hey you two, get out of here. No pokemon in the cockpit." they just ignored the comment and stayed statue still.

NV

Dracon Leader
Years
The Bored voice Sounded once again through the speakers "We will now be landing at our last stop before the spectrum Islands, do not leave the plane unless you are asked to." Shortly after this message the plane landed next to the dragons den, where A trainer known only as Crow boards with a Man in his late twenties with messy burnt orange hair and a goatee. Crow is seated in front of Hunter, next to Seph and the man takes the seat next to Seph. The man looks around at the other passengers and chuckles "Looks like its mostly just kids....Guess this plane will be making a return trip not too long after we reach the Islands...."

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
Hunter scoffed. He didn't have to take that! "If you would pardon me sir, I've explored all of Kanto. My pokemon and I are the best there are!" he started to rant, and caught himself.

"Apologies, I'm gonna be the best! Believe it!" he said in his 'I'm awesome' voice. "I'm Hunter, but you can call me Shaggy."

He pointed to Adan, "That's Adan." He nodded to Seph, "That's Seph."

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
Years
"Actually I gotta agree with the man on this. This ain't a walk though Kanto bud. This is gonna be the challenge of a life time. If your pokemon aren't cut out for it you'll be going home real fast. If you aren't ready you'll go home faster. Let's face it. Your pokemon needs a slight bit more disipline. I'm not saying that pokemon need to be treated harshly, but they need to still listen to their trainers and additionally not pull pranks on them. Though again you seem to fall for them like a sack of bricks. Turbine and I actually got the training and the dedication to take this challenge on. We're going straight to the top, and them I'm gonna go home a hero." Seph said slightly cocky, but mostly very serious.

This was his short life's work coming to fruetion. He'd always trained hard and nothign would stop him. Not even the earth itself.

NV

Dracon Leader
Years
"See now this guy gets it!" the man motioned to Seph.
the voice sounded once again this time sound less bored and more eager "We'll be taking off in a few moments towards Spectrum Islands, Put your pokemon back into their pokeballs, strap down and prepare for lift off, we'll be serving snacks as soon as we reach full speed."
The scruffy man seemed to recognize the voice from the speakers. "Oh boy..... I thought this room looked familiar...."
the plane began to take off into the sky once more.

Vato

This Is Our Last Goodbye
Years
"Going back is something I certainly want to avoid." Adan said after hearing a man who had just boarded in when the plane landed in the Jhoto region.

The man had been developing a conversation with Hunter and the lonesome looking boy whose name was Seph, but Adan hadn't been paying attention to it, in fact, he hadn't been paying attention for quite a while, he wasn't asleep, but he was having a hard time paying attention to everyone or everything else in general.

Pidgey had been asleep for quite a while now, Adan could now put him back into his Pokeball. But he didn't want to, he always felt alone when his Pokemon weren't with him, no matter how much people were around him.

But no matter how he protested, he knew he had to put his Pidgey back in his Pokeball after an announcement in the plane said so. Announcements are never wrong, he thought.

"Time to go back, buddy." Adan said to Pudgey, who slowly woke up and shake his body around.

A red beam of light sealed the bird Pokemon inside the capsule device and Adan soon began loosing the small bits of attention he was paying to the others.

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
Haru laughed. "I might be like a sack of bricks, but bricks can do massive amounts of destruction, if you know what I mean" he then turned dead serious. "Don't think that I don't what I'm going up against, I know this will be difficult, and I know that I have to be serious around competition time. That's why I signed up for this, and I know that my pokemon are undisciplined, but that's what makes us such great friends. We've been through a lot, and we pull pranks on each other because we have respect. It's a Kanto thing."

stood up and called for them. Moments later the crafty duo came running out of the **** pit with mischevious looks in their eye.

Oh crap. They played a prank in the cockpit. Hunter thought to himself. He returned them to their pokeballs annd put them in his belt. Better no one knows about this besides me. He said aloud, "So NOW they decide to serve snacks!" he looked at the remains of the samiches and various fruits with a glint of sadness in his eye.

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
Years
"Well then I guess that explains why kanto never got a battle frontier. Too busy treating pokemon like little pets. I'm more then friends with my pokemon. We're brothers in arms. If you hadn't realized this the spectrum islands are a place to test your battle prowess. not just a new place to explore. Now if ya don't mind I got another fanfic to beta read." Seph said his tactical mind already full tot he brim on how he could smash Hunter in a battle.

"Oh and Trubine used Brick break. it's super effective."

Last edited:

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
Hunter burst out laughing. "I like you man." he then got serious again, "I know this will be rough. I know that I might go home if I don't get serious. Kanto may be weak now, but may I remind you Red came from Kanto."

Red had been Kanto's pride and joy, being the second pokemon champion. He resigned shortly after, and disappeared for a long time until Ethan Gold found him atop Mt. Silver. "I may be a goofball, but I know how to train, and I know how to fight. My pokemon and I are brothers."

Back