• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Pokemon Ash will Never Obtain

zdude18

Lone Wolf
Years
its kinda surprising that everyone forgets that ash has gible so ya never know he might have a garchomp one day

Aloasa

BRAINS!!!!!!
Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2014
Raichu.... Venosaur.....Blastoise.... garchomp........I'll come up with more later

Years
I never new ash had a dragon type pokemon!
but I really loved it when couldn't control Charizard, and lost the emm first league(don't know if that's what they call it) because of it. ash losing made me sad, extremely sad, but it also made it feel much real, and much more connected to the character, I don't want always winning, I want ash to be one of us, we sometimes lose and sometimes win, life. (I always get out off topic lol)

ash would never catch emmm rock, psychic, and dark (but then again, I only watched the first season so, what do I know right ;p)
You forgot to see that Ash had obtained a Gible (Part Dragon) so how can you say he haven't obtained any dragon type???

Shrew

is a Shrew
Years
Never say never. The series with Ash as a main protagonist will most likely never end. It's disappointing, but true.

I think the only thing we can rule out are legendaries. Even then, there may be a point, a dozen seasons from now where he befriends on to the point he uses a pokeball.

...although I suppose it's safe to rule-out things like Koffing, Ekans, and Meowth.

SylosisXatu

Awakened
Years
He almost always seems to leave behind his pokemon from past gens, but I think this is just to showcase new pokemon in the new region and have him constantly learning/making a fool out of himself.
He'll always fully evolve atleast one starter, but he tends to leave the powerhouses...he's never obtained pseudo-legendaries (he had the chance to get a Tyranitar, Garchomp, etc but never took them) and it seems unlikely he'll ever get another dragon type in X and Y.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
Porygon, that new pikachu ripoff rat that everyone seems to hate legendaries and shinies he only got one and that was in johto

Meaii

The countdown begins ...
Years
Any of the legendary Pokèmon, mainly because they usually only make an appearance in the films and Ash usually acts all, "They're legendary, we must release them so they can roam free in the world!

Calem

Water Pokemon Master
Years
I don't think Ash catch Pokemon Like in the games, Normally in the game, we have to lower the pokemon HP first and then catch them with Pokeball but in the Anime Ash didn't usually do that (maybe a few times only). In fact Ash befriended with them first and without any battle he can catch it using a normal pokeball... Because of that, he don't catch wild pokemon without being friend with it, which is why he didn't catch that much pokemon. Btw most of the pokemon didn't match his style

jfuze174

Elite Trainer Joey
Years
You guys also forgot glalie that's a ice dark type too but yea ash only catches plush doll pokemon the ones who are appealing to kids only reason they gave him Charizard was to give him an ace just in case things got too rough

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen May 20, 2015
I think Psychic types because Sabrina's Gym shows that you need to have telekenetic powers to train them

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
You guys also forgot glalie that's a ice dark type too but yea ash only catches plush doll pokemon the ones who are appealing to kids only reason they gave him Charizard was to give him an ace just in case things got too rough

Glalie is pure Ice type, not Ice/Dark type.

Saw a comment about him fully evolving one of his starters, he didn't in Johto or in Unova. Both sets of starters he caught stopped at the second stage (Bayleef during the Johto series and Quilava later on.) Pignite still hasn't evolved yet either.

Years
  • Seen Oct 16, 2013
i dont think he would get bulbasaur to evolve to venusaur and i dont think that gible would evolve it would make him to strong

Back