• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Town of the Future and the Town of the Past

Which version of Opelucid City did you like best?

• The Black/Black2 version

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • The White/White2 version

Votes: 9 90.0%
  • Wait, what city is this?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
17777442-2d23-42cc-8b17-a5754e124bb8_zpsfdba6868.jpg

VS

opelucidwhite_zps076a5128.jpg

Hey, no one said that making these Weekly Polls was solely Necrum's job.

Generation V had two versions of Opelucid City. In White and White 2, you had an Opelucid City based on tradition and ancient stone buildings. In Black and Black 2, Opelucid City was about progress and had a futuristic feel to it.

Which Opelucid City did y'all like better?

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 5, 2018
I prefer white version of Opelucid City only because it represents how technology and modern convinence even when the city is steeped in history and culture. This is most promerently seen in the interior of the houses where people use highly modern equipment showing that both the future and the past can exist at the same time. Not to mention they are very luckly that the city gets its funds from both history buffs and tourists that come to shop at shopping mall nien.

Then again it can be seen as they are lazy to renovate and reinvent themself into a more morden mindset that will make the city shine brighter then nimbasa and attract more tourist then any of the old buildings could. However such a mindset would lead thier young to set their sights on being successful regionally and therefore migrate to other towns with better prospects then the tourist trap that is Opelucid City therefore leading to a lower population overall.

Years
I like them both, but i'm giving it to White (2) here. The rural feel to it is quite historic and gives a cultural feel, and is more one that feels like it's dividing time (like Opelucid City's motto itself). It's as if i'm in something that was done many years ago before our generations. While Black (2) has the technologic setting to it, it's not quite the one I prefer.

Years
I love both designs, but after a while comparing the two I like White/White 2's variant better. Its design seems to fit more with the story and I love its music theme better than the one in Black/Black 2.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
I've been in both Opelucid Cities since I have White and Black 2, and I'm kinda torn between the two. I like the look of White's Opelucid better than the Black one, but I like the music of Black's Opelucid better than the White one.

But if I have to choose....I say the White one.

blue

gucci
Years
The dated version of Opelucid City was my favourite of the two, especially the music! Although the futuristic version had it's perks, I just feel that the older version has more of a feel to it.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I prefer futuristic version, as it makes things seem a lot more natural, so to speak. When you visit indoors--Pokémon Center, for example--things seem high-tech, so it doesn't make much sense to have exterior seem as if it were brought back from the past.

Though, one thing I enjoyed as far as their dated version goes is its ability to go along with their gym design, which looks old and worn in both game versions, if you know what I mean!

pkmin3033

I liked the Black 2 version. The whole thing reminded me of the VR Training Missions in Metal Gear Solid, only slightly less green and a little more blue. It was nice to see something really futuristic; I've about had my fill of old historic towns in Pokemon by this point. xD

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
The Black version is cool, but the White version feels more like it fits in a Pokemon game. The Black one was a little too sci fi imo, even though it's well designed it just doesn't match with the rest of the game.

Thanks for taking some of the Weekly Poll work, Zekrom~ I'll have a new poll up tomorrow.

Nakala Pri

Opelucid City, definitely. I prefer the futuristic feel, it's like you're in Star Wars or something snazzier! :D The music was pretty rad-a-tad-toe. :P (Code for rad, check your dictionary).

I get the appeal to the White version buuuuut I'm always one for the future. :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back