• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] The Capture/Evolution/ Release, etc. Thread

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Rockruff seems close to evolving. I doubt it is a new form. Probably becomes midday or nidnight.

I am doubting that. They seem to be building it up far too much to simply be Midday or Midnight.

It does seem close to evolving, but it would seem odd to be to have it evolve at Twilight like it appears to be doing in the newest trailer. Both are already there since we have Gideon's and Olivia's and Rockruff's eyes are glowing green not red or blue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mW-8_Nyt_3k

Midnight and Midday are vastly different from Sunset/Sunrise.

There are rumors of us getting a new trailer on the 6th of August. So it is perfect timing.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 14, 2019
DP and XY Ash wasn't any better then the Ash we saw in Hoenn/Unova, the only good thing about DP is that it allow him to have his very first Dragon type Gible, but Kalos was much better because he had a fully evolve Dragon type Goodra.

Alola region has a lot of new Pokemon for Ash to choose from, i can surely see him getting a Crabrawler for his Alola team.

I think Rockruff might evolve into the midnight form, but there is no way to tell for sure.

Last edited:

Alexander18

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • NZ
  • Seen Dec 29, 2017
I am doubting that. They seem to be building it up far too much to simply be Midday or Midnight.

It does seem close to evolving, but it would seem odd to be to have it evolve at Twilight like it appears to be doing in the newest trailer. Both are already there since we have Gideon's and Olivia's and Rockruff's eyes are glowing green not red or blue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mW-8_Nyt_3k

Midnight and Midday are vastly different from Sunset/Sunrise.

There are rumors of us getting a new trailer on the 6th of August. So it is perfect timing.

Spoiler:
Welll i am not holding my breath on a new form. Better to see it for myself.

DP and XY Ash wasn't any better then the Ash we saw in Hoenn/Unova, the only good thing about DP is that it allow him to have his very first Dragon type Gible, but Kalos was much better because he had a fully evolve Dragon type Goodra.

Alola region has a lot of new Pokemon for Ash to choose from, i can surely see him getting a Crabrawler for his Alola team.

I think Rockruff might evolve into the midnight form, but there is no way to tell for sure.
Disagree. Unova was terrible. Ash lost to a trainer less experience and iris was annoying. Ash actually did better in Sinnoh than Hoenn because he gotten top 4 and had a decent team. Kalos he got top 2 but the whole saga was ruined by ash releasing two of his six pokemon and because of amorshipping rubbish.

This is strictly my opinion of course. You are free to like what you want.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 14, 2019
Welll i am not holding my breath on a new form. Better to see it for myself.

Disagree. Unova was terrible. Ash lost to a trainer less experience and iris was annoying. Ash actually did better in Sinnoh than Hoenn because he gotten top 4 and had a decent team. Kalos he got top 2 but the whole saga was ruined by ash releasing two of his six pokemon and because of amorshipping rubbish.

This is strictly my opinion of course. You are free to like what you want.

You also have a right to your opinions as well.

Ash did do a little better in Sinnoh then he did in Hoenn, since he did make it to the top 4 and his team was fairly decent. But he did it all in one region without any call back to what he did in the last region. The OS shown that Ash did improve as a trainer in both Kanto and Johto, they even brought up what he did in the Orange Islands aswell.

I can see Rockruff evolving into the midday or midnight form.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years

In Kalos, Ash had two Dragon types: Goodra and Noivern(even though it was part flying). The mere fact he had two Dragon types would have made Iris a bit jealous in that Ash has as many Dragon types as she does(when you factor in they both have Gible).

Now with Ash having an evolved Lycanroc in a unique form no less, it will be interesting to see if any of his other current Pokemon evolve. Litten seems destined for Delia's lap while Rowlet seem's destined to be the region's next comedic Pokemon like Chespin, Oshawott and other Pokemon before it. Since Pikachu will never evolve, that all but ensures no more evolutions if I'm correct. The question then becomes what Pokemon will Ash catch next(and what type).

Years
Now with Ash having an evolved Lycanroc in a unique form no less, it will be interesting to see if any of his other current Pokemon evolve. Litten seems destined for Delia's lap while Rowlet seem's destined to be the region's next comedic Pokemon like Chespin, Oshawott and other Pokemon before it. Since Pikachu will never evolve, that all but ensures no more evolutions if I'm correct. The question then becomes what Pokemon will Ash catch next(and what type).

Remember that the Unova team's notable lack of evolutions and lack of development for some of the Pokemon made it get viewed as Ash's worst regional team. Leaving two starters in their unevolved stages will be a disaster, since I don't think Lycanroc should be Ash's only evolution in Alola. Basically, you need to let at least one starter evolve because if both Rowlet and Litten never evolve then it'll be fair to say Alola will overtake Unova for the worst regional team.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Pretty sure Litten will evolve. It's attitude is too strong not to evolve. It is still very early in the anime, so we really can't say anything right now.

Plus, we saw Mallow, Ash and Pikachu in the official concept art with a Incinerator which I am pretty sure was Ash's.

Last edited:
Years
Icy is right. As much as I don't want Ash to have another Fire-type regional ace (he already had Charizard and Infernape), the leaked concept artwork of the final evolution Alola starters did show Ash and Mallow on part of Incineroar's section of the art, so it'll definitely hint towards a likely evolution for Litten.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Well if Litten fully evolves, that would give Ash his second Dark type Pokemon if I'm not mistaken. I would much rather see Rowlett evolve, if only because it'd give Ash a Ghost type when it reaches its final form in Decidueye. Plus if Ash doesn't catch any more Pokemon, then it points to his entire team evolving to their fullest extent(Pikachu excluded of course).

Alexander18

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • NZ
  • Seen Dec 29, 2017
I too want a Decidueye for Ash. I think it suits him. Maybe he pull a sinnoh have two fully evolved starters?

Years
I too want a Decidueye for Ash. I think it suits him. Maybe he pull a sinnoh have two fully evolved starters?

Unfortunately, I see Rowlet being a comedy relief Pokemon similar to Totodile, Oshawott and Chespin before it. And all those Pokemon didn't evolve so that would be something to be concerned about.

Alexander18

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • NZ
  • Seen Dec 29, 2017
Unfortunately, I see Rowlet being a comedy relief Pokemon similar to Totodile, Oshawott and Chespin before it. And all those Pokemon didn't evolve so that would be something to be concerned about.

I think popplio is gonna be the one not evolving at all. Ash's team is far more important.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 14, 2019
Remember that the Unova team's notable lack of evolutions and lack of development for some of the Pokemon made it get viewed as Ash's worst regional team. Leaving two starters in their unevolved stages will be a disaster, since I don't think Lycanroc should be Ash's only evolution in Alola. Basically, you need to let at least one starter evolve because if both Rowlet and Litten never evolve then it'll be fair to say Alola will overtake Unova for the worst regional team.

Ash had all both of the three Kanto/Johto starters in the OS anime and only one of them evolve, the other starter did evolve in Sinnoh but that doesn't really count. Leaving two starters in their base form is not a disaster because unevolved pokemon can be powerful battlers as well. The Unova team is not the worst regional team, this team was still fairly decent at battling. The problem with his Unova team was that they gave him way too many Pokemon, and it didn't help the matters that they overrush the Pokemon League.

I do hope his Alola team will have more time for development, plus Ash needs to capture more Pokemon inorder for his Alola team to developed.

Last edited:
Years
I think popplio is gonna be the one not evolving at all. Ash's team is far more important.

Remember that Lana did get a Z-Ring and Waterium Z. While Ash is clearly the main focus due to the classmates not appearing in every single episode, I still think Popplio should evolve at least once, unless if the writers think Brionne and Primarina are not marketable enough, because we know that Dawn's Piplup stayed as it was due to the evolutions not being marketable.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I don't want to get my hopes up, but please please please let Mallow catch Oranguru. That was one pokemon I really wanted her to catch before the anime started in Japan. I don't know why either...

Alexander18

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • NZ
  • Seen Dec 29, 2017
I don't really want the others get any more pokemon. Ash is the primary character and should be the priority.

Years
Alexander does have a point. Ash currently has four Pokemon, while the female classmates only have one. Sophocles and Kiawe currently have two, but I still hope the girls do get another Pokemon because it would be a waste for them to finish their run without catching another Pokemon.

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
Years
Hoping for a full team for Lillie so that she can be the one to end Ash's dreams in a (hypothetical) league.

Trial Captains to have three Pokemon and Z-rings if possible. Oranguru for Mallow could be fun.

Alexander18

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • NZ
  • Seen Dec 29, 2017
Hoping for a full team for Lillie so that she can be the one to end Ash's dreams in a (hypothetical) league.

Trial Captains to have three Pokemon and Z-rings if possible. Oranguru for Mallow could be fun.
Absolutely not. Lillie can leave the group and only be in specials with only vulpix as her pokemon.

The only one i see defeating ash at the league is Gladion who is an actual trainer.

I think that one more pokemon for ash's group (not lillie though) is fine.

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
Years
Absolutely not. Lillie can leave the group and only be in specials with only vulpix as her pokemon.

The only one i see defeating ash at the league is Gladion who is an actual trainer.

I think that one more pokemon for ash's group (not lillie though) is fine.

Fine by me. Ash is exhausted as a character. Time to let someone new be in the spotlight.

Back