• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Proposal: Alolan Mix-Up

Years
Basically a similar series to what I do with Make-a-Mega. As a community we'll select a Pokemon and create an Alolan regional variant for it changing its type and ability whilst rearranging its stats whilst the art community designs its appearance. The only difference is that rather than having the goal to improve the Pokemon's competitive viability, it will instead be a comparison of the strengths and weaknesses of each forme.

I intend to continue running Make-a-Mega as well, but that will become less frequent than this.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Basically a similar series to what I do with Make-a-Mega. As a community we'll select a Pokemon and create an Alolan regional variant for it changing its type and ability whilst rearranging its stats whilst the art community designs its appearance. The only difference is that rather than having the goal to improve the Pokemon's competitive viability, it will instead be a comparison of the strengths and weaknesses of each forme.

I intend to continue running Make-a-Mega as well, but that will become less frequent than this.
Why the move away from improving viability to comparing strengths/weaknesses of new forms? Not opposed to it, but am curious.

Otherwise I'm fine with it given it'll follow the structure of the already well established MaM.

Years
Why the move away from improving viability to comparing strengths/weaknesses of new forms? Not opposed to it, but am curious.

Otherwise I'm fine with it given it'll follow the structure of the already well established MaM.

Well the point of Mega Evolution has always been to make the Pokemon stronger. This isn't really the case with regional variants which are more about just making it different.

Years
I still intend to compare the viability to be fair. It's just going to be about what's different as opposed to the inherent thing being to make superior. The fact the stat total has to be the same will likely help there.

Back