• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Proposal: Training a Salandit? Read this!

Years
This is a great idea, because I'm sure those going in blind didn't expect Salandit to be essentially Combee 2.0, in that females are super rare and you need one of said female members to evolve them.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Online now
Is it necessary to make a whole article for this though? It's clearly important, and the word needs to be spread, but why a Daily article? Why not as part of a thread or something in Sun/Moon instead?

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
Is it necessary to make a whole article for this though? It's clearly important, and the word needs to be spread, but why a Daily article? Why not as part of a thread or something in Sun/Moon instead?

Agreed. It's a good topic, though, so I'd say expand it to give details on all of the uncommon evolutionary methods in S&M.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
I'm fine with a short article on all the ways the new Pokemon evolve now ("How to evolve the new Alolan Pokemon" ?). The excerpt can then say "Find out why your Salandit isn't evolving and how long it takes to get Crabominable and Vikavolt.", Given they're the main weird ones. While we do have that article, I think it's an important enough aspect of it to get a short article - just not an article on _just_ one evolution. (Probably at the end of this article say 'find out how to evolve and find all the Pokemon in *this article*').

bobandbill

one more time
Years
The general gist is that this particular evolution is causing the biggest stir amongst fans, though. Therefore a lot of people will be searching "how to evolve Salandit" (since it's not exactly made clear) and could be linked to this article. I suppose a general evolutions method wouldn't hurt but I really don't see the redundancy here. You have to consider that the extra views for Daily are only beneficial to the site, not harmful. We could always do both.
If there's more than one article for specific evolutions then it's arguably harder for members to view it and doesn't have a great effect imo. (And if we have three articles which explain it... realistically only one is going to get up in views anyway, and I've sort of seen that effect happen already with Daily article views).

You can always make the focus of the article Salandit, but like others said I feel it'd be both better to read and more useful if other new Alolan Pokemon evolution notes are stated too in the same article. Most are just 'level up' anyway.

Back