• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What do you think the News will be on the 8th of January?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
Now that the Pokemon International companies have also said they're announcing something on January 8th, I definitely now think that it's something actually big. They've never done anything all on the same day before I believe, and I don't think it's going to be some all world Pokemon tournament, since everyone speaks different language. Why would they all suddenly start doing Wifi events and movies on the same date now though?

Ooohh, I have no idea what this could be, I'm excited! ^_^ I really hope its RSE remakes though or a new generation either would be nice but RSE OMFG

Also about that eeveelution, could they spell the title without that last character? I could make the word Eeveelution have all the different colors of the respective evolutions, but "ion" would have to be random colors, I can't just say "Eeveelut" because I don't want to imply a new Pokemon.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Now that the Pokemon International companies have also said they're announcing something on January 8th, I definitely now think that it's something actually big. They've never done anything all on the same day before I believe, and I don't think it's going to be some all world Pokemon tournament, since everyone speaks different language. Why would they all suddenly start doing Wifi events and movies on the same date now though?

Ooohh, I have no idea what this could be, I'm excited! ^_^ I really hope its RSE remakes though or a new generation either would be nice but RSE OMFG

Also about that eeveelution, could they spell the title without that last character? I could make the word Eeveelution have all the different colors of the respective evolutions, but "ion" would have to be random colors, I can't just say "Eeveelut" because I don't want to imply a new Pokemon.

They had a large tournament when b/w came out. It was announced on the japanese and international websites at the same time then too. An online world tournament would be "big news". Mewtwo's event was a "big/shocking" announcement remember.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
See, I knew there probably was something like that because I hadn't really been paying attention to the announcements, so thanks for telling me. ^^ I know that Mewtwo's event was a shocking announcement, but do you remember if the event was announced on the same day internationally?

Altius

Flygon Fan
Years
IMO likely to unlikely:
- Gen 6 introduction + new eevee
- RSE remake info
- Event Pokes/Tournament
- Spinoff

Years
You could be Right XanderO, it could be just another Tournament or Wi-Fi event. However, we can't close the possibilities of it being some sort of Side Series game or a Main Series game.

For example, tomorrow Junichi Masuda and Shigeki Morimoto are appearing on Smash. If they hint towards something about January 8th then it most likely is a Game Freak Announcement. If they don't, then we'll know by the end of the show.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
I also just realized that the reason for a sudden Eevee trainer in the anime with one unevolved Eevee (Virgil) could explain the eeveelution theory. However, it also could be because people are huge fans of that evolutionary line and that they wanted to include them all. (I'm saying this because I posted a gif from Virgil's episode on tumblr and it has 17k notes, people really like them). /shrug Thought it might be worth mentioning.

droomph

weeb
Years
I'd like to not think about it lol

I just want to hype myself that something cool's gonna happen.

Hopefully Eevee's evolution, but anything at this point would make me happy ^^ I beat BW2, now what lol? Exactly.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Started talking to my friends about this announcement and first thing to come out their mouths: "OMG POKEMON MMO!"

Seeing as its a TPC announcement, possible. That would be "Big News" and if its a Wii U title or even, heaven forbid, computer title, it would both be an "Evolution of the Pokemon World" as it could take place somewhere new, utilize new 3D sprites, pull a united front for Pokemon, as well as bring in other changes.

Its not likely, but at this point I have to let the child in me out before I explode from holding it in. Again, since this is a TPC announcement we don't know WHO the development company is. TPC has 2 major companies under it. Gamefreak who make the main games and Creatures Inc who make spin offs.

While Gamefreak isn't thrilled about a massive player game or going outside of sprite art, Creatures isn't shy about using 3D or larger scale games. Since the developer isn't being mentioned possibility of a large scale spin off is as possible as remakes and new generation. It would definately be more exciting than an event announcement or something related to Anime/TCG.

Since it is an international announcement, (stated this a few times) I do not believe it is a Gamefreak announcement so its fair game to assume anything including spin offs and what we've previously shut down.

Years
  • Seen Feb 14, 2021
They hardly ever make huge international announcements like this though. The only two times I can remember that TCP and TCPi made simultaneous announcements were regarding Black & White, and then both of them updating their official websites at the same time after B2/W2 was revealed on Smash. Personally, I do believe it will be a new game announcement.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
They hardly ever make huge international announcements like this though. The only two times I can remember that TCP and TCPi made simultaneous announcements were regarding Black & White, and then both of them updating their official websites at the same time after B2/W2 was revealed on Smash. Personally, I do believe it will be a new game announcement.

Both were also after Gamefreak made official announcements. This isn't the case so far and neither posted possible information before Gamefreak's announcements.

Years
  • Seen Feb 14, 2021
Both were also after Gamefreak made official announcements. This isn't the case so far and neither posted possible information before Gamefreak's announcements.

Gen V was announced in January on the official website with no announcement by Game Freak. Also, HG/SS were announced on the official website before being mentioned anywhere else.

Game Freak makes the game, TCP/Nintendo do the marketing so it's not really up to Game Freak as to whether they will make an announcement or when they will make it. That's up to TCP/Nintendo's marketing department.

Years
I thnk the announcement may be Gen 6. The 3DS has been out almost for two years ans Nintendo is pressuring Game Freak to put games on it. If I recall they weren't very happy that Game Freak chose to put BW2 on the DS, and told Game Freak if they wanted to do so they had to do something different, which is why we have sequels, before, we were going to get paired third versions. The next games will be most likely on the 3DS and will most likely be Gen 6. Although Ruby/Sapphire remakes are a nice idea, I think they wont be the first main series games on the system.

It is not impossible for Gen 6 to happen in 2013.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I'm hoping it's gen VI as I'm ready for something new, along with my desire for remakes to be on the 3Ds, the paired version would make a nice test run.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Gen V was announced in January on the official website with no announcement by Game Freak. Also, HG/SS were announced on the official website before being mentioned anywhere else.

Game Freak makes the game, TCP/Nintendo do the marketing so it's not really up to Game Freak as to whether they will make an announcement or when they will make it. That's up to TCP/Nintendo's marketing department.

There was an official announcement (February) About Zorua and Zoroark from Coro Coro and it was all just about a "New Pokemon" for the Phantom Z Movie. Junichi Masuda was the first to show us the blacked images for both before Coro Coro leaks from what I remember. Names for Gen 5 weren't released until April which was done on Pokemon Sunday I believe by members of Gamefreak and later confirmed by the Coro Coro issue. Or vice versa. Zekrom and Reshiram were both released later that year before game release.

I wasn't around for HG/SS but I remember something similar happening as my friends were force feeding me info since I wasn't all that interested.

Both cases, other media posted information, one of which media hosted a high member of Gamefreak to do the revealing. The main sites didn't update thier info until after both of these were done. Zorua and Zoroark were hosted on pokemon.co.jp until the game's names were revealed and the site went public.

I'm basing solely from memory. I wasn't active here then so my memory of full details isn't accurate on minor details. I remember a few larger boasts and that's pretty much it.

From what I remember about B/W, international info didn't go up until the mascots were revealed. Basing solely on where I was at on my RP site that others started to notice the next Generation.

Years
Maybe they are going to release a Hoenn based pokemon game which happens a few years after the event in Emerald. Considering now is the 10th anniversary of Ruby and Sapphire.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Maybe they are going to release a Hoenn based pokemon game which happens a few years after the event in Emerald. Considering now is the 10th anniversary of Ruby and Sapphire.

10th anniversary passed like 2 months ago (for R/S) and wouldn't be until next year for emerald. Besides that, we already ruled out the "10 year anniversary for remakes" thing as FR/LG weren't for their 10 year anniversary. HG/SS were before their anniversary by a few months.

Years

You mean announce a Sequel to Emerald? Please no. There are Generations that look like there maybe sequels such as Gen 4, but I really don't think Gen 3 is one of them. Anyway, there are two events that we have hopes for the announcement of Generation 6 this month, RSE Remakes, or Gray. That's tomorrow on Pokemon Smash and on the eigth with the International Announcement.

I'm leaning away from a Side Series Game. Side Series games usually don't recieve this kind of promotion. Take a look at Mystery Dungeon for example, it's one of the most popular Side Series Games in Pokemon but it was not promoted internationally when it was announced. So, I'm leaning more towards Masuda's earlier statement of "Evolving the Pokemon World in 2013."

Years
  • Seen Feb 14, 2021
To anyone still doubting that its game related, Masuda just tweeted:
"Check! Check! Check! RT @Pokemon: Pokémon fans, mark your calendars! Check Pokemon.com on January 8th for some big news!"

Shubshub

Master of The Y
Years
You mean announce a Sequel to Emerald? Please no. There are Generations that look like there maybe sequels such as Gen 4, but I really don't think Gen 3 is one of them. Anyway, there are two events that we have hopes for the announcement of Generation 6 this month, RSE Remakes, or Gray. That's tomorrow on Pokemon Smash and on the eigth with the International Announcement.

I'm leaning away from a Side Series Game. Side Series games usually don't recieve this kind of promotion. Take a look at Mystery Dungeon for example, it's one of the most popular Side Series Games in Pokemon but it was not promoted internationally when it was announced. So, I'm leaning more towards Masuda's earlier statement of "Evolving the Pokemon World in 2013."
Why does everyone still think there's going to be a Pokemon Gray

There will not be a Pokemon Gray
Kyurem already has its own Game Infact Kyurem has 2 Games the most any pokemon has ever had
So You can Cross Gray off the list

Maybe it will be Pokemon Magma Ruby and Aqua Sapphire <- (Those are cool names)

Or Maybe Pokemon ???a Version and ???b Version (??? Means name not yet discovered)

EDIT-----------------------

To anyone still doubting that its game related, Masuda just tweeted:
"Check! Check! Check! RT @Pokemon: Pokémon fans, mark your calendars! Check Pokemon.com on January 8th for some big news!"

^^^ Sweet this pretty much means they are anouncing Pokemon GameA and GameB Versions (Maybe not the Physical games but we can pretty much assume those are already in development before Black 2 and White 2 well atleast the engine anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back