• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Greenlit: Fangame Tutorials Series: Mapping Routes

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
This is the first of several mapping tutorials - I've spent much of the week trying to figure out the best format for a general mapping tutorial and I've decided to split it into either two or three parts. I don't want to fall prey to the issues in the first tutorial of not having space to go into detail on anything.

This first tutorial would cover Routes. It would conceivably be either three or four pages - one page to introduce and explain the concepts we'll be looking at, and either two or three pages that each contain a single extended example of putting those concepts to use in mapping. In other words, one tutorial page, two or three example maps, each with a detailed explanation of how the concepts apply to them.

This format would also apply to the subsequent mapping tutorials, which will cover Cities and then (maybe) Interiors. I'm doing Routes first because it introduces a lot of the concepts that we'll need to make nice cities.

Sound okay?

Years
I don't have much to say, but I think it'd be a good thing to add to the Fangame tutorials. (Of course, the regulars in those areas would like to have this.)

+1

Back