The PokéCommunity Forums Fan Games ROM Hacks Studio
FireRed Pokémon Kanlara Adventures: Remastered (COMPLETE) New patch out (10/11)

ROM Hacks Studio The ROM Hacks Studio — once known as our “Hacks Showcase” — is the best place on the web to find ROM hacks. Browse our curated collection, all made by PokéCommunity members: patch, play, and enjoy!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #26    
Old July 6th, 2018 (7:30 AM).
Sakakii's Avatar
Sakakii Sakakii is offline
     
    Join Date: Nov 2017
    Posts: 107
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Decagram View Post
    How do you get HM Surf? because I just defeated Agatha and I don't know where to go without having the HM.
    From Agatha after defeating her.
    Reply With Quote
      #27    
    Old July 6th, 2018 (3:54 PM).
    Criscorald Criscorald is offline
       
      Join Date: Jul 2018
      Posts: 1
      I am stuck at the Library, after getting the 8th badge on the second floor, I can't go downstairs help please.
      There's a girl and I talked to her but I can't go outside.
      Reply With Quote
        #28    
      Old July 6th, 2018 (9:27 PM).
      Inner Rhymes's Avatar
      Inner Rhymes Inner Rhymes is offline
         
        Join Date: May 2017
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Quiet
        Posts: 353
        First off, I wanna say that I really like this hack. I played it for a good number of hours and so far I'm finding it hilarious and quite easy going. While I do understand that you've gone for simplicity, I think that the inclusion of the Physical and special split would have been far better, especially since this hack as an assorted number of pokemon from other generations. Mayve even edit the OW sprites and in battle sprites of the main character would have been a nice touch to keep the hack looking fresh. Hoping to see more updates in the future!
        Reply With Quote
          #29    
        Old July 7th, 2018 (1:28 AM). Edited July 7th, 2018 by Sakakii.
        Sakakii's Avatar
        Sakakii Sakakii is offline
           
          Join Date: Nov 2017
          Posts: 107
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Criscorald View Post
          I am stuck at the Library, after getting the 8th badge on the second floor, I can't go downstairs help please.
          There's a girl and I talked to her but I can't go outside.
          The warps look correct in A-map. Can you give me some more details?

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Inner Rhymes View Post
          First off, I wanna say that I really like this hack. I played it for a good number of hours and so far I'm finding it hilarious and quite easy going. While I do understand that you've gone for simplicity, I think that the inclusion of the Physical and special split would have been far better, especially since this hack as an assorted number of pokemon from other generations. Mayve even edit the OW sprites and in battle sprites of the main character would have been a nice touch to keep the hack looking fresh. Hoping to see more updates in the future!
          Hey thanks, I'm glad you enjoy the game!

          I'll keep your feedback in mind and when/if I do a big update I could update some of the OW's and stuff we'll see what happens :)

          Also I discovered a new bug when watching a gameplay video so I fixed this and another bug and made a v1.2, check the OP for more information.
          Reply With Quote
            #30    
          Old July 7th, 2018 (3:57 AM).
          BattleGirl BattleGirl is offline
             
            Join Date: Apr 2016
            Posts: 14
            Just started but since there is no physical special split Porygon is going straight to the box. Normaly I would use one of the starters or starter but Porygon's stab is physical in this game there is no reason to use it when its a Special attacker, I would rather pick up a Starly since its stabs would be better and match its typing.
            Reply With Quote
              #31    
            Old July 8th, 2018 (7:41 PM). Edited July 8th, 2018 by cunhua193.
            cunhua193 cunhua193 is offline
               
              Join Date: Sep 2013
              Gender: Male
              Posts: 2
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by BattleGirl View Post
              Just started but since there is no physical special split Porygon is going straight to the box. Normaly I would use one of the starters or starter but Porygon's stab is physical in this game there is no reason to use it when its a Special attacker, I would rather pick up a Starly since its stabs would be better and match its typing.
              Me too, I catched a Starly, then a Speed Boost Noibat and Levitate Honedge :laugh-squinted:
              Reply With Quote
                #32    
              Old July 10th, 2018 (12:20 PM).
              Harjap Harjap is offline
                 
                Join Date: Jun 2018
                Posts: 1
                Hi, so I defeated Agatha and got surf and I have no idea what to do next, please help me. I’ve gone around the map capturing legendaries like mew Groudon suicune and raikou, and I used surf to travel to sena town through moss cavern and defeat the bug trainees there. I have no idea what to do next please help me.
                Reply With Quote
                  #33    
                Old July 10th, 2018 (12:25 PM).
                Sakakii's Avatar
                Sakakii Sakakii is offline
                   
                  Join Date: Nov 2017
                  Posts: 107
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Harjap View Post
                  Hi, so I defeated Agatha and got surf and I have no idea what to do next, please help me. I’ve gone around the map capturing legendaries like mew Groudon suicune and raikou, and I used surf to travel to sena town through moss cavern and defeat the bug trainees there. I have no idea what to do next please help me.
                  Try Surfing in Rainy Path and see where it takes you :P
                  Reply With Quote
                    #34    
                  Old July 11th, 2018 (11:52 PM).
                  PageEmperor's Avatar
                  PageEmperor PageEmperor is offline
                  Hater of ads
                     
                    Join Date: Jul 2015
                    Location: with an axe
                    Gender: Male
                    Posts: 10,180
                    I’m doing a nuzrun on your hack, and I have some questions:

                    1. Until which gym can I get Surf? Or any reasonably decent Water attack?
                    2. Why is there a Bulk up TM before the 3rd gym instead of a better TM? Bulk up is very worthless and I’m considering selling it. Oh and do you think I should sell it?
                    3. There is a glitch: everytime I open the berry pouch outside of a center or any indoor place the game freezes. Is there any way for that to not happen?

                    Thanks in advance.
                    __________________
                    Reply With Quote
                      #35    
                    Old July 12th, 2018 (2:25 AM).
                    MachoPony's Avatar
                    MachoPony MachoPony is offline
                    Resident Brony
                       
                      Join Date: Aug 2011
                      Location: Equestria
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Calm
                      Posts: 261
                      one thing i will comment on (just beat 2nd gym) is that the level "Curve" is all over the place. (spoiler tag in case someone sees this and dosent want to be spoiled)
                      Spoiler:
                      one moment you'll be fighting trainers using level 10 pokemon, then the next you'll be in a forest full of fully evolved level 17 bug pokemon, then you slowly trudge through the grunts with their pokemon in the high teens before hitting the admin with a team of fully evolved pokemon, one of which having no weakness for the time, all around the low 20s. gym trainers jump back down to high teens before the gym leader swings 2 mid 20s pokemon at you, and then the next route is full of basic trainers all using mid 20s pokemon, most of which are fully evolved.
                      bear in mind this is just after gym 2

                      other than that, its a fairly standard but well done hack, glad to see a completed one for once :P
                      __________________
                      Reply With Quote
                        #36    
                      Old July 12th, 2018 (4:52 AM). Edited July 12th, 2018 by Sakakii.
                      Sakakii's Avatar
                      Sakakii Sakakii is offline
                         
                        Join Date: Nov 2017
                        Posts: 107
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by PageEmperor View Post
                        I’m doing a nuzrun on your hack, and I have some questions:

                        1. Until which gym can I get Surf? Or any reasonably decent Water attack?
                        2. Why is there a Bulk up TM before the 3rd gym instead of a better TM? Bulk up is very worthless and I’m considering selling it. Oh and do you think I should sell it?
                        3. There is a glitch: everytime I open the berry pouch outside of a center or any indoor place the game freezes. Is there any way for that to not happen?

                        Thanks in advance.
                        Hey, how brave of you to do a nuzlocke >P

                        Answers
                        1) You get Surf right after beating Gym number 6 (Wanjara City). Before that, you may be limited to level-up Water moves.
                        2) Personally I think stat up moves are very strong, and a good strategy for taking on stronger trainers (setting up on a weak Pokemon and then sweeping). I would suggest you keep it, unless you REALLY need the money.
                        3) That sounds very weird I have seen other players be able to use their Berry Pouch outside so I'm not sure what to tell you that's very strange. Sorry.

                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by MachoPony View Post
                        one thing i will comment on (just beat 2nd gym) is that the level "Curve" is all over the place. (spoiler tag in case someone sees this and dosent want to be spoiled)
                        Spoiler:
                        one moment you'll be fighting trainers using level 10 pokemon, then the next you'll be in a forest full of fully evolved level 17 bug pokemon, then you slowly trudge through the grunts with their pokemon in the high teens before hitting the admin with a team of fully evolved pokemon, one of which having no weakness for the time, all around the low 20s. gym trainers jump back down to high teens before the gym leader swings 2 mid 20s pokemon at you, and then the next route is full of basic trainers all using mid 20s pokemon, most of which are fully evolved.
                        bear in mind this is just after gym 2

                        other than that, its a fairly standard but well done hack, glad to see a completed one for once :P
                        Spoiler:
                        Yeah the start of the game is a little tough, more so than your average hack I suppose.


                        And thank you, I know a lot of people want to see completed hacks but a lot of hacks sadly don't get completed, so I made this one of my main goals to release the game in a complete (8 gym + E4) state!
                        Reply With Quote
                          #37    
                        Old July 17th, 2018 (7:17 PM).
                        PageEmperor's Avatar
                        PageEmperor PageEmperor is offline
                        Hater of ads
                           
                          Join Date: Jul 2015
                          Location: with an axe
                          Gender: Male
                          Posts: 10,180
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by Sakakii View Post
                          Hey, how brave of you to do a nuzlocke >P

                          Answers
                          1) You get Surf right after beating Gym number 6 (Wanjara City). Before that, you may be limited to level-up Water moves.
                          2) Personally I think stat up moves are very strong, and a good strategy for taking on stronger trainers (setting up on a weak Pokemon and then sweeping). I would suggest you keep it, unless you REALLY need the money.
                          3) That sounds very weird I have seen other players be able to use their Berry Pouch outside so I'm not sure what to tell you that's very strange. Sorry.
                          Okay, I just figured out the berry pouch deal: I couldn’t have more than 6 types. Don’t ask why, now I just limit it to 6 types and it works fine right now. And it turns out Surf being late isn’t an issue either, I found a Scald TM in the villain’s building so that’s also fine.

                          So 2 questions: does the trade stone make the mons stop learning moves like for usual evo stones? Or were the movesets all kept? And what are the levels for each of the important battles?

                          Oh and yes I’m doing a nuzrun of this, the first blog post about it is down here. Of course I’ll update it soon because I’ve played way past it, but have this for some reference.
                          https://www.pokecommunity.com/blog.php?b=20963

                          Again, thanks in advance.
                          __________________
                          Reply With Quote
                            #38    
                          Old July 18th, 2018 (3:08 AM).
                          MachoPony's Avatar
                          MachoPony MachoPony is offline
                          Resident Brony
                             
                            Join Date: Aug 2011
                            Location: Equestria
                            Gender: Male
                            Nature: Calm
                            Posts: 261
                            so i beat Agatha and i have no clue where to go now. help!
                            __________________
                            Reply With Quote
                              #39    
                            Old July 18th, 2018 (3:08 PM).
                            Sakakii's Avatar
                            Sakakii Sakakii is offline
                               
                              Join Date: Nov 2017
                              Posts: 107
                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by PageEmperor View Post
                              Okay, I just figured out the berry pouch deal: I couldn’t have more than 6 types. Don’t ask why, now I just limit it to 6 types and it works fine right now. And it turns out Surf being late isn’t an issue either, I found a Scald TM in the villain’s building so that’s also fine.

                              So 2 questions: does the trade stone make the mons stop learning moves like for usual evo stones? Or were the movesets all kept? And what are the levels for each of the important battles?

                              Oh and yes I’m doing a nuzrun of this, the first blog post about it is down here. Of course I’ll update it soon because I’ve played way past it, but have this for some reference.
                              https://www.pokecommunity.com/blog.php?b=20963

                              Again, thanks in advance.
                              1. Level up moves are generally based off of whatever gen the Pokemon is from but there are exceptions, as such things like Gigalith will learn the same moves it would in B/W.

                              2. I don't know this off the top of my head. It also depends what you mean by important battles.

                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by MachoPony View Post
                              so i beat Agatha and i have no clue where to go now. help!
                              Rainy Path, there's a body of water you can cross there with Surf.
                              __________________
                              I made Kanlara Adventures: Remastered https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=409964
                              Reply With Quote
                                #40    
                              Old July 19th, 2018 (6:35 AM).
                              curiters123 curiters123 is offline
                                 
                                Join Date: Jan 2017
                                Location: faraway from u
                                Gender: Male
                                Nature: Timid
                                Posts: 84
                                i made up my own pss by pointing moves 1 by 1 using pge so i can focus on my own pokes.
                                Reply With Quote
                                  #41    
                                Old July 19th, 2018 (7:18 AM).
                                MachoPony's Avatar
                                MachoPony MachoPony is offline
                                Resident Brony
                                   
                                  Join Date: Aug 2011
                                  Location: Equestria
                                  Gender: Male
                                  Nature: Calm
                                  Posts: 261
                                  Right now that i've beaten the game, i'll give my thoughts on it.

                                  Spoiler:

                                  The game isn't bad, as i said its nice to have a completed game for once, but it has flaws, a lot of flaws. for starters filling out teams in the late game with UBER LEGENDARY POKEMON, i do not expect to walk into the pokemon league and start fighting kyogre, groudon, rayquaza, dialga, palkia and a Super powered Mewtwo (Gastrodon is a god, that is all) that's not even cheap difficulty, its borderline unfair unless you have the right moves, i was lucky enough to keep my Porygon starter and had access to boltbeam + recover making things easier. but still it was incredibly luck based.

                                  the plot towards the end of the game just went nonsensical, i mean really? Devil gene? what's next, Evil Cynthia? an appearence from Akuma? you couldve done much better.

                                  finally, and this is the biggest problem. the level curve. or lack thereof. as games like reborn have proven, to scale your pokemon fangame up to level 100 requires a LOT of gameplay, in fact on the last ep reborn is still hitting the mid 90s with twice as many gyms, you cant have a standard 8 gym game and try to scale it up to 100, it just means frequent and annoying 10 level jumps between routes. i unashamedly had to use gameshark to speed up grinding because otherwise it wouldve taken hours to grind my entire team up from where it was to where the standard trainers were (And dont even start me on the fact that gym leaders and team rocket can go about 15 levels higher than they do) it was less of a Curve and more of a Mountain.

                                  But like i said, it was still somewhat enjoyable, a bit comedic at times and the selection of pokemon was top notch.

                                  3/5
                                  __________________
                                  Reply With Quote
                                    #42    
                                  Old July 20th, 2018 (12:14 AM).
                                  VonceNT VonceNT is offline
                                     
                                    Join Date: Jun 2018
                                    Posts: 1
                                    The game freezes when opening berry pouch, can I fix this?
                                    Reply With Quote
                                      #43    
                                    Old July 20th, 2018 (2:36 AM).
                                    Sakakii's Avatar
                                    Sakakii Sakakii is offline
                                       
                                      Join Date: Nov 2017
                                      Posts: 107
                                      Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by MachoPony View Post
                                      Right now that i've beaten the game, i'll give my thoughts on it.

                                      Spoiler:

                                      The game isn't bad, as i said its nice to have a completed game for once, but it has flaws, a lot of flaws. for starters filling out teams in the late game with UBER LEGENDARY POKEMON, i do not expect to walk into the pokemon league and start fighting kyogre, groudon, rayquaza, dialga, palkia and a Super powered Mewtwo (Gastrodon is a god, that is all) that's not even cheap difficulty, its borderline unfair unless you have the right moves, i was lucky enough to keep my Porygon starter and had access to boltbeam + recover making things easier. but still it was incredibly luck based.

                                      the plot towards the end of the game just went nonsensical, i mean really? Devil gene? what's next, Evil Cynthia? an appearence from Akuma? you couldve done much better.

                                      finally, and this is the biggest problem. the level curve. or lack thereof. as games like reborn have proven, to scale your pokemon fangame up to level 100 requires a LOT of gameplay, in fact on the last ep reborn is still hitting the mid 90s with twice as many gyms, you cant have a standard 8 gym game and try to scale it up to 100, it just means frequent and annoying 10 level jumps between routes. i unashamedly had to use gameshark to speed up grinding because otherwise it wouldve taken hours to grind my entire team up from where it was to where the standard trainers were (And dont even start me on the fact that gym leaders and team rocket can go about 15 levels higher than they do) it was less of a Curve and more of a Mountain.

                                      But like i said, it was still somewhat enjoyable, a bit comedic at times and the selection of pokemon was top notch.

                                      3/5
                                      Good that you overall enjoyed the game!

                                      Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by VonceNT View Post
                                      The game freezes when opening berry pouch, can I fix this?
                                      I'm not sure how to fix that, sorry. :S
                                      __________________
                                      I made Kanlara Adventures: Remastered https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=409964
                                      Reply With Quote
                                        #44    
                                      Old July 22nd, 2018 (1:15 AM).
                                      dark_blaziken dark_blaziken is offline
                                         
                                        Join Date: Jun 2018
                                        Nature: Naughty
                                        Posts: 6
                                        Hello. I'm starting this hack and I noticed that all mons before gen4 uses the gen3 moveset list and so there's an issue I'm having with: I know that you said there's Tangrowth in the game, but for my Tangela to evolve with I have to learn Ancientpower somehow and the gen3 moveset Tangela doesn't learn Ancientpower. Is there another way to have Tangrowth (I'm guessing you can find him in the wild later...)?
                                        Reply With Quote
                                          #45    
                                        Old July 22nd, 2018 (7:01 AM). Edited July 22nd, 2018 by Cipher Nox.
                                        Cipher Nox Cipher Nox is offline
                                           
                                          Join Date: Jul 2018
                                          Posts: 2
                                          Quick Question, is it possible to have Greninja with Battle bond?

                                          Nevermind, i just read that gen 4+ abilities are not added, sorry
                                          Reply With Quote
                                            #46    
                                          Old July 22nd, 2018 (9:23 AM).
                                          Sakakii's Avatar
                                          Sakakii Sakakii is offline
                                             
                                            Join Date: Nov 2017
                                            Posts: 107
                                            Quote:
                                            Originally Posted by dark_blaziken View Post
                                            Hello. I'm starting this hack and I noticed that all mons before gen4 uses the gen3 moveset list and so there's an issue I'm having with: I know that you said there's Tangrowth in the game, but for my Tangela to evolve with I have to learn Ancientpower somehow and the gen3 moveset Tangela doesn't learn Ancientpower. Is there another way to have Tangrowth (I'm guessing you can find him in the wild later...)?
                                            There's an item in the game called Evo Stone you can use this to evolve Tangela into Tangrowth. It evolves most Pokemon that typically evolve via trade as well as Pokemon like Tangela and Aipom. There's one just outside the Power Plant and you also get one for free in one of the houses in Elder Village.
                                            __________________
                                            I made Kanlara Adventures: Remastered https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=409964
                                            Reply With Quote
                                              #47    
                                            Old July 22nd, 2018 (2:06 PM).
                                            Vihunter Vihunter is offline
                                               
                                              Join Date: Jul 2018
                                              Posts: 1
                                              I was wondering if I could translate your beautiful hackrom into Spanish, I just need you to give me an answer.
                                              Thank you for reading
                                              Reply With Quote
                                                #48    
                                              Old July 23rd, 2018 (2:05 AM).
                                              Sakakii's Avatar
                                              Sakakii Sakakii is offline
                                                 
                                                Join Date: Nov 2017
                                                Posts: 107
                                                Quote:
                                                Originally Posted by Vihunter View Post
                                                I was wondering if I could translate your beautiful hackrom into Spanish, I just need you to give me an answer.
                                                Thank you for reading
                                                Yeah go ahead!
                                                __________________
                                                I made Kanlara Adventures: Remastered https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=409964
                                                Reply With Quote
                                                  #49    
                                                Old July 27th, 2018 (5:48 AM).
                                                Cipher Nox Cipher Nox is offline
                                                   
                                                  Join Date: Jul 2018
                                                  Posts: 2
                                                  So, how do i evolve riolu?
                                                  Reply With Quote
                                                    #50    
                                                  Old July 27th, 2018 (10:52 AM).
                                                  Sakakii's Avatar
                                                  Sakakii Sakakii is offline
                                                     
                                                    Join Date: Nov 2017
                                                    Posts: 107
                                                    Quote:
                                                    Originally Posted by Cipher Nox View Post
                                                    So, how do i evolve riolu?
                                                    As it turns out, Riolu never evolves. I checked and it's evolution method is set to Happiness (Day), which I believe in original FireRed is only used for Eevee to evolve into Espeon... which btw, never happens in FireRed, because there's no day/night system there.

                                                    The proper evolution method should be Happiness, not Happiness (Day). Slight oversight by me. I'll add that one to the OP bug list for now.

                                                    Sorry ~
                                                    __________________
                                                    I made Kanlara Adventures: Remastered https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=409964
                                                    Reply With Quote
                                                    Reply

                                                    Quick Reply

                                                    Join the conversation!

                                                    Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                                                    Create a PokéCommunity Account
                                                    Thread Tools

                                                    Posting Rules
                                                    You may not post new threads
                                                    You may not post replies
                                                    You may not post attachments
                                                    You may not edit your posts

                                                    BB code is On
                                                    Smilies are On
                                                    [IMG] code is On
                                                    HTML code is Off

                                                    Forum Jump


                                                    All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:40 PM.