The PokéCommunity Forums Fan Games ROM Hacks Studio
FireRed Pokémon Kanlara Adventures: Remastered (COMPLETE) New patch out (10/11)

ROM Hacks Studio The ROM Hacks Studio — once known as our “Hacks Showcase” — is the best place on the web to find ROM hacks. Browse our curated collection, all made by PokéCommunity members: patch, play, and enjoy!

Old July 6th, 2018 (7:30 AM).

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Decagram View Post
    How do you get HM Surf? because I just defeated Agatha and I don't know where to go without having the HM.
    From Agatha after defeating her.
    Old July 6th, 2018 (3:54 PM).

I am stuck at the Library, after getting the 8th badge on the second floor, I can't go downstairs help please.
      There's a girl and I talked to her but I can't go outside.
      Old July 6th, 2018 (9:27 PM).

Nature: Quiet
        First off, I wanna say that I really like this hack. I played it for a good number of hours and so far I'm finding it hilarious and quite easy going. While I do understand that you've gone for simplicity, I think that the inclusion of the Physical and special split would have been far better, especially since this hack as an assorted number of pokemon from other generations. Mayve even edit the OW sprites and in battle sprites of the main character would have been a nice touch to keep the hack looking fresh. Hoping to see more updates in the future!
        Old July 7th, 2018 (1:28 AM). Edited July 7th, 2018 by Sakakii.

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Criscorald View Post
          I am stuck at the Library, after getting the 8th badge on the second floor, I can't go downstairs help please.
          There's a girl and I talked to her but I can't go outside.
          The warps look correct in A-map. Can you give me some more details?

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Inner Rhymes View Post
          First off, I wanna say that I really like this hack. I played it for a good number of hours and so far I'm finding it hilarious and quite easy going. While I do understand that you've gone for simplicity, I think that the inclusion of the Physical and special split would have been far better, especially since this hack as an assorted number of pokemon from other generations. Mayve even edit the OW sprites and in battle sprites of the main character would have been a nice touch to keep the hack looking fresh. Hoping to see more updates in the future!
          Hey thanks, I'm glad you enjoy the game!

I'll keep your feedback in mind and when/if I do a big update I could update some of the OW's and stuff we'll see what happens :)

Also I discovered a new bug when watching a gameplay video so I fixed this and another bug and made a v1.2, check the OP for more information.
          Old July 7th, 2018 (3:57 AM).

Just started but since there is no physical special split Porygon is going straight to the box. Normaly I would use one of the starters or starter but Porygon's stab is physical in this game there is no reason to use it when its a Special attacker, I would rather pick up a Starly since its stabs would be better and match its typing.
            Old July 8th, 2018 (7:41 PM). Edited July 8th, 2018 by cunhua193.

Quote:
              Originally Posted by BattleGirl View Post
              Just started but since there is no physical special split Porygon is going straight to the box. Normaly I would use one of the starters or starter but Porygon's stab is physical in this game there is no reason to use it when its a Special attacker, I would rather pick up a Starly since its stabs would be better and match its typing.
              Me too, I catched a Starly, then a Speed Boost Noibat and Levitate Honedge :laugh-squinted:
              Old July 10th, 2018 (12:20 PM).

Hi, so I defeated Agatha and got surf and I have no idea what to do next, please help me. I’ve gone around the map capturing legendaries like mew Groudon suicune and raikou, and I used surf to travel to sena town through moss cavern and defeat the bug trainees there. I have no idea what to do next please help me.
                Old July 10th, 2018 (12:25 PM).

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Harjap View Post
                  Hi, so I defeated Agatha and got surf and I have no idea what to do next, please help me. I’ve gone around the map capturing legendaries like mew Groudon suicune and raikou, and I used surf to travel to sena town through moss cavern and defeat the bug trainees there. I have no idea what to do next please help me.
                  Try Surfing in Rainy Path and see where it takes you :P
                  Old July 11th, 2018 (11:52 PM).
                  Hater of ads

I’m doing a nuzrun on your hack, and I have some questions:

1. Until which gym can I get Surf? Or any reasonably decent Water attack?
                    2. Why is there a Bulk up TM before the 3rd gym instead of a better TM? Bulk up is very worthless and I’m considering selling it. Oh and do you think I should sell it?
                    3. There is a glitch: everytime I open the berry pouch outside of a center or any indoor place the game freezes. Is there any way for that to not happen?

Thanks in advance.
                    Old July 12th, 2018 (2:25 AM).
                    Resident Brony

Nature: Calm
                      one thing i will comment on (just beat 2nd gym) is that the level "Curve" is all over the place. (spoiler tag in case someone sees this and dosent want to be spoiled)
                      Spoiler:
                      one moment you'll be fighting trainers using level 10 pokemon, then the next you'll be in a forest full of fully evolved level 17 bug pokemon, then you slowly trudge through the grunts with their pokemon in the high teens before hitting the admin with a team of fully evolved pokemon, one of which having no weakness for the time, all around the low 20s. gym trainers jump back down to high teens before the gym leader swings 2 mid 20s pokemon at you, and then the next route is full of basic trainers all using mid 20s pokemon, most of which are fully evolved.
                      bear in mind this is just after gym 2

other than that, its a fairly standard but well done hack, glad to see a completed one for once :P
                      Old July 12th, 2018 (4:52 AM). Edited July 12th, 2018 by Sakakii.

Quote:
                        Originally Posted by PageEmperor View Post
                        I’m doing a nuzrun on your hack, and I have some questions:

1. Until which gym can I get Surf? Or any reasonably decent Water attack?
                        2. Why is there a Bulk up TM before the 3rd gym instead of a better TM? Bulk up is very worthless and I’m considering selling it. Oh and do you think I should sell it?
                        3. There is a glitch: everytime I open the berry pouch outside of a center or any indoor place the game freezes. Is there any way for that to not happen?

Thanks in advance.
                        Hey, how brave of you to do a nuzlocke >P

Answers
                        1) You get Surf right after beating Gym number 6 (Wanjara City). Before that, you may be limited to level-up Water moves.
                        2) Personally I think stat up moves are very strong, and a good strategy for taking on stronger trainers (setting up on a weak Pokemon and then sweeping). I would suggest you keep it, unless you REALLY need the money.
                        3) That sounds very weird I have seen other players be able to use their Berry Pouch outside so I'm not sure what to tell you that's very strange. Sorry.

Quote:
                        Originally Posted by MachoPony View Post
                        one thing i will comment on (just beat 2nd gym) is that the level "Curve" is all over the place. (spoiler tag in case someone sees this and dosent want to be spoiled)
                        Spoiler:
                        one moment you'll be fighting trainers using level 10 pokemon, then the next you'll be in a forest full of fully evolved level 17 bug pokemon, then you slowly trudge through the grunts with their pokemon in the high teens before hitting the admin with a team of fully evolved pokemon, one of which having no weakness for the time, all around the low 20s. gym trainers jump back down to high teens before the gym leader swings 2 mid 20s pokemon at you, and then the next route is full of basic trainers all using mid 20s pokemon, most of which are fully evolved.
                        bear in mind this is just after gym 2

other than that, its a fairly standard but well done hack, glad to see a completed one for once :P
                        Spoiler:
                        Yeah the start of the game is a little tough, more so than your average hack I suppose.

And thank you, I know a lot of people want to see completed hacks but a lot of hacks sadly don't get completed, so I made this one of my main goals to release the game in a complete (8 gym + E4) state!
                        Old July 17th, 2018 (7:17 PM).
                        Hater of ads

Quote:
                          Originally Posted by Sakakii View Post
                          Hey, how brave of you to do a nuzlocke >P

Answers
                          1) You get Surf right after beating Gym number 6 (Wanjara City). Before that, you may be limited to level-up Water moves.
                          2) Personally I think stat up moves are very strong, and a good strategy for taking on stronger trainers (setting up on a weak Pokemon and then sweeping). I would suggest you keep it, unless you REALLY need the money.
                          3) That sounds very weird I have seen other players be able to use their Berry Pouch outside so I'm not sure what to tell you that's very strange. Sorry.
                          Okay, I just figured out the berry pouch deal: I couldn’t have more than 6 types. Don’t ask why, now I just limit it to 6 types and it works fine right now. And it turns out Surf being late isn’t an issue either, I found a Scald TM in the villain’s building so that’s also fine.

So 2 questions: does the trade stone make the mons stop learning moves like for usual evo stones? Or were the movesets all kept? And what are the levels for each of the important battles?

Oh and yes I’m doing a nuzrun of this, the first blog post about it is down here. Of course I’ll update it soon because I’ve played way past it, but have this for some reference.
                          https://www.pokecommunity.com/blog.php?b=20963

Again, thanks in advance.
                          Old July 18th, 2018 (3:08 AM).
                          Resident Brony

so i beat Agatha and i have no clue where to go now. help!
                            Old July 18th, 2018 (3:08 PM).

Quote:
                              Originally Posted by PageEmperor View Post
                              Okay, I just figured out the berry pouch deal: I couldn’t have more than 6 types. Don’t ask why, now I just limit it to 6 types and it works fine right now. And it turns out Surf being late isn’t an issue either, I found a Scald TM in the villain’s building so that’s also fine.

So 2 questions: does the trade stone make the mons stop learning moves like for usual evo stones? Or were the movesets all kept? And what are the levels for each of the important battles?

Oh and yes I’m doing a nuzrun of this, the first blog post about it is down here. Of course I’ll update it soon because I’ve played way past it, but have this for some reference.
                              https://www.pokecommunity.com/blog.php?b=20963

Again, thanks in advance.
                              1. Level up moves are generally based off of whatever gen the Pokemon is from but there are exceptions, as such things like Gigalith will learn the same moves it would in B/W.

2. I don't know this off the top of my head. It also depends what you mean by important battles.

Quote:
                              so i beat Agatha and i have no clue where to go now. help!
                              Rainy Path, there's a body of water you can cross there with Surf.
                              Old July 19th, 2018 (6:35 AM).

Nature: Timid
                                i made up my own pss by pointing moves 1 by 1 using pge so i can focus on my own pokes.
                                Old July 19th, 2018 (7:18 AM).
                                Resident Brony

Right now that i've beaten the game, i'll give my thoughts on it.

Spoiler:

The game isn't bad, as i said its nice to have a completed game for once, but it has flaws, a lot of flaws. for starters filling out teams in the late game with UBER LEGENDARY POKEMON, i do not expect to walk into the pokemon league and start fighting kyogre, groudon, rayquaza, dialga, palkia and a Super powered Mewtwo (Gastrodon is a god, that is all) that's not even cheap difficulty, its borderline unfair unless you have the right moves, i was lucky enough to keep my Porygon starter and had access to boltbeam + recover making things easier. but still it was incredibly luck based.

the plot towards the end of the game just went nonsensical, i mean really? Devil gene? what's next, Evil Cynthia? an appearence from Akuma? you couldve done much better.

finally, and this is the biggest problem. the level curve. or lack thereof. as games like reborn have proven, to scale your pokemon fangame up to level 100 requires a LOT of gameplay, in fact on the last ep reborn is still hitting the mid 90s with twice as many gyms, you cant have a standard 8 gym game and try to scale it up to 100, it just means frequent and annoying 10 level jumps between routes. i unashamedly had to use gameshark to speed up grinding because otherwise it wouldve taken hours to grind my entire team up from where it was to where the standard trainers were (And dont even start me on the fact that gym leaders and team rocket can go about 15 levels higher than they do) it was less of a Curve and more of a Mountain.

But like i said, it was still somewhat enjoyable, a bit comedic at times and the selection of pokemon was top notch.

3/5
                                  Old July 20th, 2018 (12:14 AM).

The game freezes when opening berry pouch, can I fix this?
                                    Old July 20th, 2018 (2:36 AM).

Quote:
                                      Right now that i've beaten the game, i'll give my thoughts on it.

Spoiler:

The game isn't bad, as i said its nice to have a completed game for once, but it has flaws, a lot of flaws. for starters filling out teams in the late game with UBER LEGENDARY POKEMON, i do not expect to walk into the pokemon league and start fighting kyogre, groudon, rayquaza, dialga, palkia and a Super powered Mewtwo (Gastrodon is a god, that is all) that's not even cheap difficulty, its borderline unfair unless you have the right moves, i was lucky enough to keep my Porygon starter and had access to boltbeam + recover making things easier. but still it was incredibly luck based.

the plot towards the end of the game just went nonsensical, i mean really? Devil gene? what's next, Evil Cynthia? an appearence from Akuma? you couldve done much better.

finally, and this is the biggest problem. the level curve. or lack thereof. as games like reborn have proven, to scale your pokemon fangame up to level 100 requires a LOT of gameplay, in fact on the last ep reborn is still hitting the mid 90s with twice as many gyms, you cant have a standard 8 gym game and try to scale it up to 100, it just means frequent and annoying 10 level jumps between routes. i unashamedly had to use gameshark to speed up grinding because otherwise it wouldve taken hours to grind my entire team up from where it was to where the standard trainers were (And dont even start me on the fact that gym leaders and team rocket can go about 15 levels higher than they do) it was less of a Curve and more of a Mountain.

But like i said, it was still somewhat enjoyable, a bit comedic at times and the selection of pokemon was top notch.

3/5
                                      Good that you overall enjoyed the game!

Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by VonceNT View Post
                                      The game freezes when opening berry pouch, can I fix this?
                                      I'm not sure how to fix that, sorry. :S
                                      Old July 22nd, 2018 (1:15 AM).

Nature: Naughty
                                        Hello. I'm starting this hack and I noticed that all mons before gen4 uses the gen3 moveset list and so there's an issue I'm having with: I know that you said there's Tangrowth in the game, but for my Tangela to evolve with I have to learn Ancientpower somehow and the gen3 moveset Tangela doesn't learn Ancientpower. Is there another way to have Tangrowth (I'm guessing you can find him in the wild later...)?
                                        Old July 22nd, 2018 (7:01 AM). Edited July 22nd, 2018 by Cipher Nox.

Quick Question, is it possible to have Greninja with Battle bond?

Nevermind, i just read that gen 4+ abilities are not added, sorry
                                          Old July 22nd, 2018 (9:23 AM).

Quote:
                                            Originally Posted by dark_blaziken View Post
                                            Hello. I'm starting this hack and I noticed that all mons before gen4 uses the gen3 moveset list and so there's an issue I'm having with: I know that you said there's Tangrowth in the game, but for my Tangela to evolve with I have to learn Ancientpower somehow and the gen3 moveset Tangela doesn't learn Ancientpower. Is there another way to have Tangrowth (I'm guessing you can find him in the wild later...)?
                                            There's an item in the game called Evo Stone you can use this to evolve Tangela into Tangrowth. It evolves most Pokemon that typically evolve via trade as well as Pokemon like Tangela and Aipom. There's one just outside the Power Plant and you also get one for free in one of the houses in Elder Village.
                                            Old July 22nd, 2018 (2:06 PM).

I was wondering if I could translate your beautiful hackrom into Spanish, I just need you to give me an answer.
                                              Thank you for reading
                                              Old July 23rd, 2018 (2:05 AM).

Quote:
                                                Originally Posted by Vihunter View Post
                                                I was wondering if I could translate your beautiful hackrom into Spanish, I just need you to give me an answer.
                                                Thank you for reading
                                                Yeah go ahead!
                                                Old July 27th, 2018 (5:48 AM).
                                                Cipher Nox Cipher Nox is offline

So, how do i evolve riolu?
                                                  Old July 27th, 2018 (10:52 AM).

Quote:
                                                    Originally Posted by Cipher Nox View Post
                                                    So, how do i evolve riolu?
                                                    As it turns out, Riolu never evolves. I checked and it's evolution method is set to Happiness (Day), which I believe in original FireRed is only used for Eevee to evolve into Espeon... which btw, never happens in FireRed, because there's no day/night system there.

The proper evolution method should be Happiness, not Happiness (Day). Slight oversight by me. I'll add that one to the OP bug list for now.

Sorry ~

Quick Reply