• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Paragon [Beta 1.0]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Pokémon Paragon

Rom Info

Base Rom: Pokémon 1986 - Pokemon Emerald (U)(TrashMan)
Language: English​

Story

This game takes place in a alternate universe in the Medley Region, where people from different regions reside, Pokémon from different regions inhabits. New characters also make apperances. Some familiar faces you will encounter are Team Rocket, Team Magma and Team Aqua. What could they be scheming? The same old plans, or something new? Why don't you as the player join one of them and explore what they're up to, or choose to fight against them.​

Features

• New Moves and abilities
Moves and abilites up to gen 6 have been added. Abilities from gen 1-3 have been updated to match the newer generations,

• Physical/Special/Status Split
Moves now have the PSS Split.

• Fairy Type
Fairy type is in the game.

• New Region
Explore the Medley region and meet new friends, solve mysteries and become the new champion!

• Nature colored stats
A nature that increases a stat is colored red, while blue signifys a decreased stat.

• New Pokédex
A handful Pokémon from gen 4-5 have been added, I might put up a list.

• Mega Evolution
Mega Evolution is in the game, working as intended.

• Join Team Rocket, Team Aqua and Team Magma
Choose one of the team, and join them.

• Choice based events
Based on your actions, things may turn out different in the future, be it small or big.
There's also loosable battle battles.

• Minor features
Running indoors
BW 2 Repel System
100TMs, updated to the ORAS list
Decapitalisation
Wild double battles
New Pokéballs
FR/LG fishing​

Screenshots

NIOjDOy.png
Zfm3uma.png
18ScfSy.png
EjiX9pr.png
sbB2mRV.png
hxjuAX3.png
rcqWFLJ.png
YOoEerf.png
DbWkndW.png
htV1HdE.png
cbshwZu.png
5ilP18J.png
XN9GoNW.png
xYeVczD.png
Mr4ZVxA.png
SZ40KqR.png
zePppan.png
PGYtnex.png
Emo5Yym.png
r3NTmss.png
7aAU4GL.png
Jhazpr7.png
WMJ6TCb.png

Map not yet in the game

Credits

DizzyEgg Answering a ton of questions, helping me in general, Battle Engine Upgrade, Pokemon Expansion, Items/TMs/Tutors Expansion, Various Features
(huge thanks to the team working on these)
Tetrable Answering alot of my questions, helping me in general
ThatOneRaichu Helping me in general, feedback, helping me with the story
Bladecraft Helping me in general, feedback
Z-nogyroP Helped me resolve a bug
Spherical Ice - Tiles, Sprites
Zeikku - Tiles
BrendanBass - Sprites
Hale-Bopp - Music

Tools used
LU-HO - A-Map, Animation Editor, Door animation editor
Maël Hörtz - HxD
HackMew - Advanced Palette Editor, XSE
link12552 - NSE
Gamer2020 - PGE
Esperance - HTE

Contributors to The DS-style 64x64 Pokémon Sprite Resource
Contributors to The Accurate FireRed Overworld Sprite Resource
Contributors to the Gen VI: DS-Style 64x64 Pokemon Sprite Resource

(If you see your work in the ROM and you're not listed here, make sure to notify me)​

Bugs

Gen 4 starters doesn't appear in the Pokédex
Berries in the overworld look weird
When you catch a pokemon and gain exp, the pkmn will not evolve if hit the evolution level
In some events the hero sprite will look in the wrong direction for half a second​

Discord

Downloads

Beta 1.1
Release Date: 2017-12-28
Notes: One badge is still obtainable, I decided to release my latest version of Paragon before I began work on my new project. Read the "readme" file for details.

Beta 1.0
Release Date: 2017-07-11
Notes: One badge is obtainable, the beta ends after you get it and head to Route 104. There's currently a bug in the game that makes some events replay and giving the rival the incorrect team. I therefore recommend the usage of savestates. Using the "Save" option in the menu activates the bug. Also if you were to loose against the 1st gym leader, you won't be able to rebattle her, I therefore recommend saving before battling her.

Last edited:

Bladecraft

It's written "Bladecraft" on my forehead.
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jun 18, 2020
So I did some beta testing before this release and aswell played the beta until the end, only thing I have to say that this is a really good Pokemon game. Balance is good, difficulty isn't too high unlike other hacks and the fact that I can **** over my rival by picking a Pokemon that counters his after him is very nice. One tip for everyone, SAVE STATES! There are many multi choice stories in this game and some in the beta. If one wants to experience the entire game fully save states are in order.

Also Tainted, glad you put me in the credits :) and this picture is outdated.
HJB8bCi.png

Steny

Formerly Known as ThatOneRaichu | Creator Of Pokem
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 13, 2023
Looking great so far man! Good luck!

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
Years
Woah, A new hack in this section. I really like your mapping style. What has really grabbed my attention is the choice of joining Team Rocket or Aqua. I am really looking forward to this when a longer Beta comes out.

Years
So I did some beta testing before this release and aswell played the beta until the end, only thing I have to say that this is a really good Pokemon game. Balance is good, difficulty isn't too high unlike other hacks and the fact that I can **** over my rival by picking a Pokemon that counters his after him is very nice. One tip for everyone, SAVE STATES! There are many multi choice stories in this game and some in the beta. If one wants to experience the entire game fully save states are in order.

Also Tainted, glad you put me in the credits :) and this picture is outdated.
HJB8bCi.png

Thanks alot and no problem, you helped me, and I suppose I should update that screenshot. Glad you enjoyed it and thanks for playing.

Woah. This looks impressive.

Thanks, I hope you enjoy playing it.

Looking great so far man! Good luck!

Thanks, same goes to you, hope to see that hack soon.

Woah, A new hack in this section. I really like your mapping style. What has really grabbed my attention is the choice of joining Team Rocket or Aqua. I am really looking forward to this when a longer Beta comes out.

Thanks, I'll try my best to keep it interesting, it'll be a while though, since the scripts get so long, and I want to try to make it interesting.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Apr 9, 2022
"Apply the hotfix after you apply the beta to fix some errors."

Are you sure? Because if I apply the hotfix directly to an Emerald rom, it works fine; I can even choose a Gen 4 starter when I couldn't before. But if I apply it onto Beta 1 of this game, it gives me back Emerald (after using the ignore option in NUPS).

Last edited:
Years
"Apply the hotfix after you apply the beta to fix some errors."

Are you sure? Because if I apply the hotfix directly to an Emerald rom, it works fine; I can even choose a Gen 4 starter when I couldn't before. But if I apply it onto Beta 1 of this game, it gives me back Emerald (after using the ignore option in NUPS).

Thanks for addressing the issue, it seems I made a error whilst making the hotfix. I updated the Beta 1.0 to have all the fixes the Hotfix had.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 17, 2017
Hey!
Really enjoyed the time of the beta, it was really nice map and everything.
One thing tho, at the start it seems that I can't pick some Pokemons... it seems to be random, but it says "Don't be greedy you can only choose one.".
Other than that 10/10 hack can't wait for updates

Years
Hey!
Really enjoyed the time of the beta, it was really nice map and everything.
One thing tho, at the start it seems that I can't pick some Pokemons... it seems to be random, but it says "Don't be greedy you can only choose one.".
Other than that 10/10 hack can't wait for updates

That's a pretty good rating, thanks for playing it, as for the bug, I fixed it earlier today. I uploaded a fixed Beta 1.0, it's the same link. It was a hotfix but I merged it with the beta since it couldn't be patched on the old beta itself. Some minor issues has been fixed, including the bug where you can't choose certain starters.

Years
Well, it looks like I'll be stalking this thread... The game looks great.
Thanks, if you'd like, you can join the Discord server, although it isn't very active small updates should pop up now and then.

looks great but will control myself until atleast 4-5 badges are available. Good luck!
I think that's a good idea, by then it should have alot more content, right now it don't have that much to offer, thanks!

Hmmm... seems an interesting game.
I hope you like it, and thanks!

megaman d

novice scripter
Years
well, couldn't resist myself. Played it but found a bug, the events keep on reoccurring. I believe the variables are not put in the scripts, but whatever the bug, I hope it's fixed. Aesthetically beautiful and organised by the way.

Years
well, couldn't resist myself. Played it but found a bug, the events keep on reoccurring. I believe the variables are not put in the scripts, but whatever the bug, I hope it's fixed. Aesthetically beautiful and organised by the way.

What script keep on reoccurring exactly? When I played it I didn't find any reoccurring events.

Years
Probs the cleanest Beta in this section. Neat game bro! Can't wait for this game to be complete.
You think so? Thanks, loving that avatar.

All of em' , the zigzagoon one, the starting of the game, going into professor's lab (i could pick another starter) and that was all that i had played till then.
I just gave the game a quick test, and everything seems to be working as intended, try downloading again and see if it works, make sure you patch the correct rom.
At some point I updated the Beta 1.0 and applied some fixes.

HuK

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jun 9, 2019
This looks awesome!!!
I love it! look foward next version!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back