• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: a good ol' fashioned DCC!

Years
I'm generally a light sleeper so it does take me a while to nod off (that and I suffer with insomnia) and I live on a main road so it can be noisy (especially in the morning). But the fan does help me sleep :)

Years
Had a fantastic day on Pokemon Go and the weather has been lovely.

But I do hope it's not as hot tomorrow as I will literally day at work if so. 😖

Years
The heat has been hurting me. I'm right nauseous from it and I already have GI issues.
But I'd like to go swimming.

Years
I wanted to go to bed early tonight. I was already very tired and i'm on my rag, having unpleasant cramps. I had flopped down on the bed, hoping to relax when my phone started vibrating with a text message from my bank, saying that my card had been declined.

The only instances where I can remember my debit card being declined was when I bought some things outside of the US. Some banks will flag charges coming from foreign countries as suspicious activity. However, I had not recently made any international purchases, and could not think of any reason why my card should be declined. My card was active, not expired. I hadn't charged a large sum. I knew something was very wrong.

So tired as I am, I still get online for something this imprtant to check my banking my statement, looking to see what the declined transaction was. Low and behold, I read a long list of purchases with charges I did not make! 621 dollars from Texas over here, another 135 dollars from Pennsylvania over there. Somebody has stolen my credit information, and went on a shopping spree, and run through my account.

I changed the edttings in my banking app, and had the credit card turned off so that no more money could be stolen from me. I just spent the last two hours looking over all my checking and savings account information with horror, and making notes of every charge I don't recognize to submit to the bank in a claim. Then I called the 800 number to get service after business hours, sat on hold, listening to automated messages, waiting for a human to respond. I had to type in codes and answer different security questions, but I disputed the transactions, filed my claim with the bank to get my money back. The team has started an investigation, and they cancelled my credit card for me. A new one with a different number has been issued, but it may take up to 10 business days to receive it in the mail, which may make things difficult if it really takes that long.

I have bills that will be due long before then. Some essentials like medical expenses, household utilities i.e my water bill, electricity, phone, internet I can just pay with cash locally if I must, same with food but other reoccuring charges like streaming, music and audiobook services, my pet food auto deliveries, monthly gifts I make to certain charities I need to have my card for. I am also worried about legitimate purchases I made in the last fews days that still have a pending status. If they haven't made the withdrawal yet, and charge after this point, then the transaction will fail because they'll be billing a card that has been cancelled. l also don't look forward to the monotonous task of having to update my credit information to new numbers on websites I use regularly that had that info saved like eBay.

What a mess. I don't know how my credit card number was stolen. I didn't lose the card, but whatever, I want this nightmare to be over.

Last edited:
Years
I'm so sorry about your credit card Sam.

Anyway, I think i'm getting a hint of insomnia myself. Put my head on the pillow at 11pm. Woke up at 5am even though I have no responsibilities today. First instinct: "Gotta transfer those missing 'mons from Go to Home, worth a try." I had to get Pokemon Home on my PHONE as well as my Switch for it to work. Only took an hour and a half to figure out. Now my body doesn't want to go back to bed. My eyes are droopy, but once closed, they spring open.

Also, might be experiencing some GI issues too (no i'm not copying Sandalphon, this is legit). I had Wendy's yesterday and my stomach still feels like crap. When I had Mc.Donalds and Burger King (two separate times mind you) two weeks ago, I couldn't stomach it either so yup. I can't do that fast food anymore.

If only I can tell you about my life currently, but sadly, there are things I must keep secret.

Last edited:
Years
I wanted to go to bed early tonight. I was already very tired and i'm on my rag, having unpleasant cramps. I had flopped down on the bed, hoping to relax when my phone started vibrating with a text message from my bank, saying that my card had been declined.

The only instances where I can remember my debit card being declined was when I bought some things outside of the US. Some banks will flag charges coming from foreign countries as suspicious activity. However, I had not recently made any international purchases, and could not think of any reason why my card should be declined. My card was active, not expired. I hadn't charged a large sum. I knew something was very wrong.

So tired as I am, I still get online for something this imprtant to check my banking my statement, looking to see what the declined transaction was. Low and behold, I read a long list of purchases with charges I did not make! 621 dollars from Texas over here, another 135 dollars from Pennsylvania over there. Somebody has stolen my credit information, and went on a shopping spree, and run through my account.

I changed the edttings in my banking app, and had the credit card turned off so that no more money could be stolen from me. I just spent the last two hours looking over all my checking and savings account information with horror, and making notes of every charge I don't recognize to submit to the bank in a claim. Then I called the 800 number to get service after business hours, sat on hold, listening to automated messages, waiting for a human to respond. I had to type in codes and answer different security questions, but I disputed the transactions, filed my claim with the bank to get my money back. The team has started an investigation, and they cancelled my credit card for me. A new one with a different number has been issued, but it may take up to 10 business days to receive it in the mail, which may make things difficult if it really takes that long.

I have bills that will be due long before then. Some essentials like medical expenses, household utilities i.e my water bill, electricity, phone, internet I can just pay with cash locally if I must, same with food but other reoccuring charges like streaming, music and audiobook services, my pet food auto deliveries, monthly gifts I make to certain charities I need to have my card for. I am also worried about legitimate purchases I made in the last fews days that still have a pending status. If they haven't made the withdrawal yet, and charge after this point, then the transaction will fail because they'll be billing a card that has been cancelled. l also don't look forward to the monotonous task of having to update my credit information to new numbers on websites I use regularly that had that info saved like eBay.

What a mess. I don't know how my credit card number was stolen. I didn't lose the card, but whatever, I want this nightmare to be over.

Maybe an insecure internet connection if you entered the card's info recently on some website? idk, criminals are so flipping crafty nowadays.....
Good luck getting it sorted and hopefully things will end up okay =3

I'm so sorry about your credit card Sam.

Anyway, I think i'm getting a hint of insomnia myself. Put my head on the pillow at 11pm. Woke up at 5am even though I have no responsibilities today. First instinct: "Gotta transfer those missing 'mons from Go to Home, worth a try." I had to get Pokemon Home on my PHONE as well as my Switch for it to work. Only took an hour and a half to figure out. Now my body doesn't want to go back to bed. My eyes are droopy, but once closed, they spring open.

Also, might be experiencing some GI issues too (no i'm not copying Sandalphon, this is legit). I had Wendy's yesterday and my stomach still feels like crap. When I had Mc.Donalds and Burger King (two separate times mind you) two weeks ago, I couldn't stomach it either so yup. I can't do that fast food anymore.

If only I can tell you about my life currently, but sadly, there are things I must keep secret.

The heat has been hurting me. I'm right nauseous from it and I already have GI issues.
But I'd like to go swimming.

Hugs to all:
Spoiler:

(I highly doubt anyone would want me to hug them so kitty squad gets to do the job =3)

Years

Oh my goodness, that's horrifying😱

I hope they get it sorted really quickly so you can pay your bills etc. Has your bank got a pretty good fraud refund policy?

Years
Best of luck Sam! I really hope things get sorted. I've had a few problems with my banking but my bank is pretty good. I'm sure they'll help you. :)

Last edited:
Years
Managed to snag some pictures of the wild hare that lives in our backyard today (literally like 15 minutes ago xD). My phone's camera is not that great though unfortunately.
I feel like it would take better shots if I could actually go outside, but once it hears the door the hare will be gone lol

The photo that's zoomed in the most that isn't utter trash (still kinda bad though lol):
Spoiler:

Better quality shots, but further away (anything past zoom level 3 drops in quality fast lol):

Spoiler:

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_20210721_211931977.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_20210721_211931977.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 17
  • thumbnail_IMG_20210721_212134383.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_20210721_212134383.jpg
    200.3 KB · Views: 13
  • thumbnail_IMG_20210721_213632289.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_20210721_213632289.jpg
    224.5 KB · Views: 13
  • thumbnail_IMG_20210721_213947820.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_20210721_213947820.jpg
    239.6 KB · Views: 14
Years
My grandfather used to get them eating his vegetables at the cottage but over all we always had a good haul.

Years
Thanks each and every one of y'all for sending me some love and best wishes. I appreciate the support during these zany times, and hope that none of you ever get hit with a patch of bad luck like this one I ran into. Not fun.

Right now I am still floating about in this limbo state. I wish I had more to report, but not much has changed since I contacted my bank for help 3 days ago. A replacement credit/debit card is still on it's way, but hasn't arrived to me yet, so my banking access is still limited at the moment. I did get an email this morning letting me know they had at least shipped the new card today, and to expect it within the next 5-7 business days. So that's something I guess, the timing still isn't great, but it's progress since yesterday. With some luck I will have a new Visa next week. When I first signed up with my bank they gave me a provisional bank card the day I opened the account to use until my official card came. It would be a better solution i think if they could do something like this in fraud cases too.

One helpful bit of info they included though in the email is a heads up about how my card would arrive to me. It won't have the bank or credit card company logo on it, it will be a virtually blank envelope for discretion. That's good to know so I don't overlook it. The staff was all very nice on the phone, so the customer service seems okay, I just wish it could happen faster.

The toughest part is that I haven't gotten my money refunded yet. I could live with not having the card, but having my savings account wrecked has me biting my nails. If an emergency comes up and I need more than a few hundred dollars then I will be screwed, or have to borrow money. I have read up on my bank's fraud policy, and they said that they will work to resolve your claim within 10 business days of submission, and if more time than that is needed they'll apply a temporary credit to your account after 10 business days. So it's going probably take another week or two before I get my money back, and that puts a strain on me, but I think I have just enough left to squeak by and pay what's left of the bills due this week, barring no unforeseen expenses pop up. I just have to survive until August. Then either the investigation will be completed and my money safely returned to my account, or i'll receive those provisional credits they mentioned to compensate me for the amount that was stolen while they try to track down the culprit.

I expect that I am going to have my money back at some point. It just looks like it will take some time.

I appreciate all the awesome nature pictures, complete with hares and kittens hugs. They definitely lighten the mood, and bring a smile to my face and a little comic relief through it all <3

Years
hey everyone!! hope you all have had a decent saturday c: it's starting to go into late afternoon/early evening here, and i've had a pretty relaxing day so far~

Years
Dunno how badly you want that job, but my reaction would've probably been 'and I'll tell you if I'm still interested in working for you lot by then' =p
And then immediately start looking for other jobs ^.^

Making you wait for over 2 months for an answer is just absurd lol
I don't think anyone over here would do that unless it's like their dream job.

Back